GUILTY AR - Former State Senator, Linda Collins-Smith, 57, found dead, June 2019 *ARREST*

I've a horrible feeling LCS knew about something untoward and was trying to recover the money without getting BO into trouble. Maybe things finally came to a head.

Article previously posted upthread:

Murdered state senator was in bitter legal fight with ex-husband/ex-judge
I’m thinking along those lines, too.

From LCS’ brief on appeal:
[MS. COLLINS-SMITH:] I understand that I am under oath and that perjury is a crime.
[...]
After paying the taxes there was in excess of $550,000, which I transferred to other accounts because I was afraid he [her now-ex, PS] would get a hold of it. I do not still have $550,000.

THE COURT: Okay. I want you to explain to me how, in the approximately 19 months since you got $550, 000 net, you have managed to dissipate it?
[...]
THE COURT: Okay. This is kind of like all the questioning of you. We just don’t get anywhere. I will tell you, and I’ll just be as honest as I’m going to be on the record, I don’t believe you. I do not believe that you have managed to dissipate that amount of money in 19 months. I think you have taken money. You have been dishonest, and you have not told either his attorney or him or the Court where it is. (BBM)
https://237995-729345-1-raikfcquaxq.../wp-content/uploads/2019/06/collinsappeal.pdf

So why did LCS feel she needed a power of attorney?

Perhaps she wanted someone who could handle financial transactions at local banks on her behalf and do so in a timely manner while she stayed in Little Rock during legislative session or was busy campaigning.

Or maybe she needed someone to retrieve her mail if she couldn’t, especially if she was expecting something important (e.g., checks, bank statements, etc.) to arrive.

Based on the court documents linked above and recent reports from local media, I think that perhaps LCS had BO’s boyfriend hold some money for her (possibly the missing $550,000, IMO) during the divorce. Maybe BO helped herself to it, and LCS just recently found out.

Money is nice, but it also brings out the absolute worst in people, IMO.

So why did LCS feel she needed a power of attorney?
RSBM.

Is it possible she thought she was setting up a blind trust to avoid potential conflicts of interest? I don't know that it would require POW over multiple bank accounts though, just one dedicated account would be needed.

(I think, can't say it's something I've ever done.)

Pure speculation.

I find it very interesting that BO has history of helping herself to other people’s money, including previous boyfriends. Could she have helped herself to LCS money, money that LCS was hiding from her divorce settlement ( hence signing over power of attorney to BO boyfriend) ? Money that the Court was demanding LCS account for? Confrontation about said missing money which got out of hand and ended with a brutal murder? What a sticky web they weaved! Just MOO

I find it very interesting that BO has history of helping herself to other people’s money, including previous boyfriends. Could she have helped herself to LCS money, money that LCS was hiding from her divorce settlement ( hence signing over power of attorney to BO boyfriend) ? Money that the Court was demanding LCS account for? Confrontation about said missing money which got out of hand and ended with a brutal murder? What a sticky web they weaved! Just MOO

I’ve suspected something along these lines.

Another news source is reporting video footage of BO buying large amounts of bleach prior to the discovery of LCS’s body.

Source: Video shows O’Donnell buying unusual amount of bleach

I’ve suspected something along these lines.

Another news source is reporting video footage of BO buying large amounts of bleach prior to the discovery of LCS’s body.

Source: Video shows O’Donnell buying unusual amount of bleach
To buy a shopping cart worth of bleach (assuming that is what buying "large amounts of bleach" infers), and then using an easily identifiable means of paying for it (credit/debit card) suggests a total lack of concern about the purchase...BO either bought the bleach for a project outside of murder clean up or she wasn't thinking about the consequences of her actions being traced back her.

This is an excellent interview video with Tim Loggains...he seems pretty confident that BO isn't responsible for killing Collins-Smith; however, his comment that BO would have to be a sociopath and a great actress to have killed her best friend...Linda Collins-Smith...sort of waters down his huge support for her, in my opinion.

Exactly. JMO I think BO has TL fooled if he indeed believes she had nothing to do with LCS’s murder. Surely he has read the same news reports that we have. Maybe this interview was taped before the Wal-mart bleach run. However, TL was with BO on later trip to Wal-mart when LCS’s debit card was used to pay.

Another thing is Pocahontas is a small town, so I would be surprised if her history of helping herself to other’s money would not be known among many including TL.

Also, there was an ever so slight pause before TL answered TJH’s question about BO being capable of murder, but no pause before answering the question of his own involvement. MOO

Edit changed verbs tense in second paragraph and to add “also” in last paragraph

Last edited:

I agree. Thanks for summing this up in a concise and articulate post.

JMO

I am not familiar with Doc Washburn. Is he connected with MSM? If so, could you provide link?
Thanks.

Edit to correct typo

He's a talk-show host on KARN-FM. He has a FB page. My initial impression isn't too favorable, but I'm open to other views. He questions the legality of the gag-order and suggests there's a "story behind the story." Conspiracy theories have a heavy burden of proof in my book.

Exactly. JMO I think BO has TL fooled if he indeed believes she had nothing to do with LCS’s murder. Surely he has read the same news reports that we have. Maybe this interview was taped before the Wal-mart bleach run. However, TL was with BO on later trip to Wal-mart when LCS’s debit card was used to pay.

Another thing is Pocahontas is a small town, so I would be surprised if her history of helping herself to other’s money would not be known among many including TL.

Also, there was an ever so slight pause before TL answered TJH’s question about BO being capable of murder, but no pause before answering the question of his own involvement. MOO

Edit changed verbs tense in second paragraph and to add “also” in last paragraph
Did BO use LS's credit card to pay for the bleach? It sure sounds like enough people in Pocahontas knew of BO's illegal or otherwise money entitlement activities. Perhaps, law enforcement already know of Tim Loggain's possible involvement in the slaying, but they are allowing him his freedom thinking that it is a great loose rope that he will hang himself with eventually.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back