Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm putting aside the details about the trip(s) for the moment as they likely don't give us any information that we don't already know - she is missing important daily activities like school and has been out of contact with family and friends. We really don't need to know the wedding date, imo, to know something is amiss.

jmo

Ha! Thanks.

We’ve fallen down a rabbit hole, and it doesn’t help us get to the bottom of this.

I found myself obsessing over it, and it is pretty much meaningless.

She missed important events, and that’s what matters.

I think it’s the other way.

Her next trip was July 23, and not this weekend.

Her family has only mentioned the one.
it's also possible she just TOLD her homies she was leaving again this weekend so they wouldn't expect her to be around.

it's also possible there's two trips.

it's also possible 50% of the masses are confusing June with July. I've done it. Heck I've done it with March and May and they're not even neighbors.

Well, all the nationwide attention puts the emphasis on the Lyft aspect ... so I expect that Lyft is going to want Salt Lake City PD to get out there with a press conference or releases to get Lyft's name out of there.

Either way, what happened with the PC by friends is almost certain to cause SLCPD to say something to try to settle this down, rein it in ... and probably another methaphor or two
Ha! Let’s hope that something good comes from that train wreck.

If it forces SLCPD’s hand, all the better.

In this day and age, and even before this PC (Bless their hearts, they’re young, their friend is missing, they’re not experienced like us, I wish my bossy arse was there because we would’ve gone somewhere quieter. Good job from her friends for pulling together a PC. That’s a first step moo.

Anyway: Yes, LE often is pressured in this day and age to almost have to make a statement just to keep up with the alternate media, moo.

ETA:
And I’m sure it won’t be long before we hear the most recent trend from LE of asking people to quit spreading rumors on SM! It’s the world we live in now.

Last edited:

I agree - SLCPD needs to say something. My original thought was just a basic, "we're investigating" even if not an actual update or release of info; however, they've got some damage control to do now that the friends' PC is over.

Just saw this -- please forgive if already posted:

University of Utah Student Mackenzie Lueck Missing for Nearly a Week After Taking Lyft
She texted her parents to say her flight landed safely, they haven't heard from her since.
Updated 06.23.19 4:59PM ET / Published 06.23.19 4:45PM ET
Mackenzie Lueck, a 23-year-old University of Utah student, texted her parents on June 17 to let them know she had landed safely at the Salt Lake City airport, her father told Fox News. Nobody has heard from her in the week since.
According to police, Lueck landed home from a trip around 1 a.m. She then ordered a Lyft to an unfamiliar address in North Salt Lake City, The Salt Lake Tribune reports.
[...]
Though Lueck has been missing for nearly a week, and police are investigating her disappearance, a formal search party has not been set up, the Tribune reports.
[...]
Her sorority sister Ashley Fine has been organizing volunteers to help in the informal search. Fine told The Salt Lake Tribune she does not know why her friend, who does not have a significant other, would have taken a ride to the address in North Salt Lake, instead of going directly to her home.
University of Utah Student Mackenzie Lueck Missing for Nearly a Week After Taking Lyft

Ha! Thanks.

We’ve fallen down a rabbit hole, and it doesn’t help us get to the bottom of this.

I found myself obsessing over it, and it is pretty much meaningless.

She missed important events, and that’s what matters.
But at the same time, if she was expected to arrive back in California on Thursday and didn't arrive on the expected flight that may have been what prompted her parents to report her missing. If that is the case then no one, including her roommates, batted an eye that she was gone for days until after her parents reported her missing.

But alas, I don't know the genesis of reporting her missing to say with confidence. But that is my line of thinking at the moment.

The fact that they aren't releasing where she got dropped off in NSL is indicating to me that law enforcement is trying to protect the integrity of the case, therein believe there's a case to protect. Had it been truly nothing, they would have said such and focused the attention somewhere else. Someone on another thread that lives in SLC said police were knocking on doors of their apartment complex because her phone was pinging in that location. I live in NSL, and there's only a few apartment complexes that are very big at all, really only two. It's a very industrial part of salt lake, refineries, huge FedEx plant, lots of trucker companies. There are quite a few one or two building apartment complexes, really nice million dollar homes on the hill by the golf course, and then what's referred to as Foxboro, which is nice newer modest homes, there is a pretty large apartment complex there as well. It seems the attention is really focused on SLC, leading me to believe they think she left NSL at some point and ended up in SLC, and I think that's where the trail went cold.

Sweet candy, what was the other thread, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m curious...

Her heading back to CA today was mentioned in the press conference by KS but I think I've seen it before in an article so I'll try to go back and find it. Interesting, though that you found an article where AF says a return on July 23. :confused: All the more reason, I guess, not to trust the PC despite the girls' best intentions.

It has been mentioned by the friends more than once.
See below for one quote:

Friends distribute flyers of University of Utah student missing for 5 days

Heather Okiishi said she is a close family friend of Lueck. She noted that Lueck was set to return to California this week for a friend's wedding. "I don't think the family found out she was missing until she didn't show up for her flight to come back."

I haven't seen that anywhere else and I don't believe that it's true.

<modsnip references to Kenzie's friends>

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that would have been useful is putting out that Kenzie went to North Salt Lake earlier. At least her friends could have gone there to pass out flyers and perhaps look in dumpsters for luggage before the dumpsters were picked up.

I'm a dozen pages behind, but I haven't seen anything so far about when Kenzie expected to graduate. Does anyone know whether she is finishing up the last of her coursework this summer, or does she still have some more academic work to do? If she's finishing a degree and not planning to be living in SLC for much longer, that could explain her traveling light on the way back from CA.

Regarding luggage, pedestrians and public transit commuters in cities commonly take carry-on luggage on wheels all over the place – many workers and students alike find the format more convenient than a briefcase, backpack or other stuff-hauling method. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenzie even used a carry-on wheelie on campus for books, tablet and her other day-use items. I don't find it a stretch that she'd take it along to wherever her destination was early Monday morning, or that it's still with her, wherever she is.

It has been mentioned by the friends more than once.
See below for one quote:

Friends distribute flyers of University of Utah student missing for 5 days

Heather Okiishi said she is a close family friend of Lueck. She noted that Lueck was set to return to California this week for a friend's wedding. "I don't think the family found out she was missing until she didn't show up for her flight to come back."

I haven't seen that anywhere else and I don't believe that it's true.

I think her friends are probably doing a lot of gossiping amongst themselves.

What we're hearing from her friends reminds me of Chinese Whispers aka the Telephone Game.

JMO.
Definitely agree about the telephone game... BUT it would make perfect sense as to why the family didn’t rush to SLC. If they were waiting to see if she would show back up. I’m sure it’s probably a mistake, but this detail is driving me nuts!!! JMO

And this:
Friends and family concerned over missing University of Utah student hold press conference
Posted: Jun 24, 2019 / 12:36 AM UTC / Updated: Jun 24, 2019 / 01:25 AM UTC
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Friends and family are growing more and more concerned over a University of Utah’s student who has not been seen or heard from since last Monday.
A press conference was held by Ashley Fine and Kennedy Stoner, two of Mackenzie Lueck’s friends Sunday afternoon to help share some information about their missing friend.
“One thing that we wanted to talk about is she texted her family she landed at the airport, said Ashley Fine, a friend of Mackenzie’s. “She wouldn’t have done that if she purposely wanted to disappear.”
“MacKenzie was expected on a flight his weekend to Southern California where she lives in El Segundo, said Kennedy Stoner, friend of Mackenzie’s. “She never arrived or made it to her flight.”
[...]
The press conference was not given with any authority of the Salt Lake City Police Department and during the event, they posted their own response to the case.
Friends and family concerned over missing University of Utah student hold press conference

Last edited:
What if she’s being held alive under unspeakable circumstances?

Time is of essence. I just wish LE would prompt us to be urgent IF we need to be, as far as trying to be diligent and proactive as the public.

I do recall, was it Suzie Q (baby I love you, Suzie Q) that said SLC LE is known for being tightlipped?

Last edited:
Quick question, I need a TOS refresher ... Can we share SM posts made by ML herself?

I am so worried for this girl. The dating apps will tell a story IMO
Yes, the victim's SM is allowed.

jmo

Editing to add two things:
1) we don't know for sure ML is a victim. I don't mean to jump to that conclusion.
2) I thought you meant SM like FB, Twitter, IG, etc. I have no idea if dating apps are allowed - I would guess not since it would be harder to confirm it's actually her? IDK - ask a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member