Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason it is so quiet is due to the case now being under sub judice.

The media is not allowed to review anything that may interfere with anyone getting a fair trial. They cannot contaminate potential jurors or give any background.

Once the committal and then the trial start, the media should be able to speak about what happens then - unless the judge suppresses any testimony that is given in the proceedings. Once the trial is all over, the media should be able to report widely on this matter again (unless the judge issues a non-publication order of some type).

It has been over 2 years since the arrests were made and there hasnt been a mention of a committal hearing nor court dates for a trial as yet from what I can see on the calendar, yet in the 2 years after Baden Cay was arrested, a committal was held, then the trial commenced around 2 years after he was arrested.

Thats what I was referring to about this being quiet...its intriuging...

Does anyone know if there is a suppression on this case at all

Two weeks seems like a very short trial time. The evidence must be extremely clear.
I think they only ever book court room for two weeks at a time to begin with and always extend if they need to.

i do know that both rb and ad are in separate parts of the prison one being mainstream and the other well I'm sure you can all guess

i do know that both rb and ad are in separate parts of the prison one being mainstream and the other well I'm sure you can all guess
I am new to Websleuths and am not sure how to insert someones post. I would like to ask Cupcake how do they know that rb and ad are in separate parts of the prison and what is meant by Mainstream and the other. Also does Cupcake know what prison they are being held in. Has it been in the media.

Hi Cupcake may I ask you how do you know that rb and ad are in separate parts of the prison. One being in mainstream and the other ?. What does the other mean ?
Do you also know what correctional center they are being held in? Has this been on the news or in the media ? Sorry for so many questions.

Hi everyone my partner was in prison last year until september for minor offences this is how I know .ad and rb are both at the arthur gorrie correctional centre in Brisbane it's a remand centre where prisoners are held until sentencing they are in separate sections of the prison

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Hey Friends,

This is very important. Please listen to my latest podcast, Websleuths Radio Podcast.

You can find it on Apple here and on Spotify here.

Or anywhere you can find true crime podcasts.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to Websleuths and our podcast for you to listen and ask your friends to listen as well. If Websleuths is going to continue (forum and podcast) we need you to listen to Websleuths Radio Podcast.

We need you to listen, ask your friends to listen and ask their friends to listen. Please get the word out. There is a new podcast in town and it is one you do not want to miss.

This week Heather Robinson Ramos. As a baby, Heather's mom was killed by serial killer John Robinson. Robinson then "adopted" baby Heather to his brother and his wife.

Also, please listen to the new podcast called Detective Trapp. To help Websleuths check out a little taste of this podcast.

Detective Trapp on Apple Podcasts

Thank you to everyone.

Tricia
Owner, Websleuths

Thanks, GeeEyeJo. Delivery of Judgement???

Why has all of this gone on in closed court? Or is this a judgement for another crime? Seeing that the trial for Sam's murder is/was supposed to start on 2nd December.
Any news mate? nothing on Brisbane TV or twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member