Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of strip clubs serving alcohol, in many places (including Las Vegas, believe it or not), it is illegal for clubs that allow full nudity to serve alcohol. You can Google it. (The search string I used was "strip clubs do not serve alcohol", but I kinda knew it was the case already from visits to Vegas, living in a different state where this is the case, and just driving along highways around the country, reading billboards and saying "Well, huh!" ;) )

The rationale I have heard for this not-uncommon law is that having sober customers allows the strippers to perform with far less risk of physical harassment or assault from patrons who have overindulged.
I know that. I was talking about the time bars in general close in Utah and speculating on what someone would be doing in NSLC after 1am.

All are different but I would insist on a text upon landing safely and one when the child is inside their own home safe from a late night/early morning cab ride. My children are in their 30s, I am not overprotective and yet I still do this and would expect it with a flight from LAX to Salt Lake City and a late night Lyft, Uber, cab or any type of ride, even with a friend. Not knocking any of these companies and I use them but we do hear fairly frequently about one incident or another.

So I too wonder about the actual text, she was not home yet, it was still a late/very early hour and she was a young girl alone.

This lends me to believing more of course is known than we know. I mean this in no way at her parents, I am just saying that perhaps she knew the Lyft driver from previously and said so to her folks so they assumed she was safe at that point or for some other reason? Maybe they knew she would head out with a friend for a drink or two or some such and so again, no reason to wait up or worry? I mean if my child told me I am not going straight home so I can't call and tell you I am home until much later well then I would have to accept that and just advise to stay safe. Then I would probably no longer worry until I had reason to, like they did, perhaps when tests were missed or some such, because they are adults.

Just thoughts. Jmo.

Yes. This is kind of where I was heading.

It could be that her parents just took the text as she had landed and that was that. Like you, my dad expects the double contact on landing and arriving home. But it’s certainly not a knock on her parents if that wasn’t their style.

She may have sent them a text that conveyed in some way the trip was over and she was home despite her intention to head to the mystery destination in NSL.

Or.. they may have been aware of her intention to go somewhere other than directly home. This could explain why they didn’t immediately freak out and why LE seems so secretive.

It is all strange.

Jmo.

That’s all weird, but could be explained by factors that we aren’t aware of.

She’s a college student, and we don’t know her mental state.

I’ve followed a couple cases where people around that age have disappeared, only to resurface after a period of time.

I just don’t think we have enough at this point, as the unknowns are too great.
A wedding? I missed that. Was it a friend or family member?

That’s all weird, but could be explained by factors that we aren’t aware of.

She’s a college student, and we don’t know her mental state.

I’ve followed a couple cases where people around that age have disappeared, only to resurface after a period of time.

I just don’t think we have enough at this point, as the unknowns are too great.
What is strange to me is that she would text her parents as soon as she landed to let them know she was okay and then not communicate with them again.

Is there a link stating that the driver is not a suspect? In those words? I may have missed it.
It is wonderful to see you posting again, liltexans. I've missed you, and I am sure many others here did, too. I also missed seeing your adorable cat! Sorry for the off topic, just had to say how great it is to see you posting again. :)

We got a message from a person who this happened to recently in May. She refused to share the ride. We mentioned this to the police and they said there are lots of reports of this type of thing happening. Being approached at the airport by someone who wants to share a ride. That’s why I brought it up.

I went on a tour right before leaving NOLA. Met an attorney. He was the only other one on the tour except my friend (female). He was going to the airport and asked if we wanted to share. But I had rented a car and just took him with us. Didn't give it another thought.

But I would if I was alone.

This is highly speculative on my part, but hypothetically speaking:

If ML's parents are practicing LDS and she is not, would she be likely to tell her parents if she was seeing someone who was not of the LDS faith?

My understanding of the LDS church is limited, but it seems like having romantic relationships with people outside of the LDS faith is very much frowned upon.

So, if ML were seeing someone who wasn't LDS, would she tell her parents, or would she try to keep that relationship under wraps?

JMO.

I don't know. She has public social media in which she's posing in bikini bottoms and nothing else (facing away from the camera). That's totally not LDS and it's 100% public so I'm kind of thinking she may not be too concerned with what her parents think.

She's also into a risqué podcast involving two women who talk about explicit things - "Call Her Daddy."

Also shows sort of a woman not afraid of what her parents think.

Or maybe they're not on social media?

What is strange to me is that she would text her parents as soon as she landed to let them know she was okay and then not communicate with them again.

Agreed, that’s definitely strange.

I’m just hoping we learn more in the next few days, so we can begin to figure out what is really going on.

I live a couple of blocks away from ML parents house. I drive past there everyday and it doesn't look like anybody has been home. Maybe they are in SLC but just aren't ready to be seen or talk to the public just yet. They have been through a lot in just the one week. They are a good family and are not strict parents and arent very religious. My daughter graduated with one of her brothers and my son just recently graduated with her younger brother. I dont think she went voluntarily missing from what my daughter told me she is a very good girl and that is totally out of her character. Hope she is found soon and safe.

Yes. This is kind of where I was heading.

It could be that her parents just took the text as she had landed and that was that. Like you, my dad expects the double contact on landing and arriving home. But it’s certainly not a knock on her parents if that wasn’t their style.

She may have sent them a text that conveyed in some way the trip was over and she was home despite her intention to head to the mystery destination in NSL.

Or.. they may have been aware of her intention to go somewhere other than directly home. This could explain why they didn’t immediately freak out and why LE seems so secretive.

It is all strange.

Jmo.

I am glad it was understood how I meant it. I mean my parents did it to me and one still does (other is passed) and I do it in return with the parent too, not just with children, and with siblings for that matter. If any family member is traveling, we want to know you made it home safely, car trip or flight. When we are together prior anyhow for sure at the same wedding, funeral, on the same trip, etc. It is not a knock at all, simply an observation. And adult children do not always cooperate and one may just get used to that too and give up on expecting them to text twice, or with some, probably even once(!).

But yes, I think there is the possibility there was no reason to worry at that time after landing or they knew she was going to visit someone or do something upon arrival. I am not even sure if I recall that she told the parents she was taking a Lyft or just that she arrived/landed safely.

I hope she is missing voluntarily because that would mean she is safe but with every day that passes, that is more difficult to believe. I am 50/50.

Jmo.

I know that. I was talking about the time bars in general close in Utah and speculating on what someone would be doing in NSLC after 1am.

There are no bars in North Salt Lake, none. All of the referenced strip clubs are technically in Salt Lake City, just the north end of Salt Lake City, not in the city of North Salt Lake. Two different places. They specifically said she got dropped off in the city of North Salt Lake, no bars, no strip clubs, one grocery store that would not have been open at that time, not even a McDonald's in the city of North Salt Lake. I don't know of any open public place aside from maybe a gas station she could have been dropped off at. It had to have been residential.

There are no bars in North Salt Lake, none. All of the referenced strip clubs are technically in Salt Lake City, just the north end of Salt Lake City, not in the city of North Salt Lake. Two different places. They specifically said she got dropped off in the city of North Salt Lake, no bars, no strip clubs, one grocery store that would not have been open at that time, not even a McDonald's in the city of North Salt Lake. I don't know of any open public place aside from maybe a gas station she could have been dropped off at. It had to have been residential.
Well, this is helpful. So if she was going to visit someone, I wonder who it could be? A friend? Someone she met on the plane?
I guess there are no hotels there either?

Well, this is helpful. So if she was going to visit someone, I wonder who it could be? A friend? Someone she met on the plane?
I guess there are no hotels there either?

There's one hotel that is technically in North Salt Lake, it's Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn, I believe that is considered North Salt Lake, but that's right on the edge of another city called Woods Cross where there are a lot more hotels and businesses. I'm thinking it almost has to be residential.

I am fairly certain that Salt Lake Police have stated that Kenzie was seen leaving the Salt Lake City Airport (surely on camera) so I would presume she sent the text that she landed which was the last text that we know about. As far as the Lyft driver and Lyft the police have said both are cooperating. Lyft has said that after dropping Kenzie at her destination the driver went on to other rides.
Is it possible that something could of happen to Kenzie at the airport and maybe she wasn't even in that Lyft ride headed towards NSL? She could have been replaced the driver wouldn't know if It was her or not. The possibilities in this situation are getting a lot darker than I care to think about. But the longer this is unsolved the more chance that she may be lost in the darkness. My .Heart is with her and her family tonight. May they find some sense of peace and strength to get them through this night.

Is it possible that something could of happen to Kenzie at the airport and maybe she wasn't even in that Lyft ride headed towards NSL? She could have been replaced the driver wouldn't know if It was her or not. The possibilities in this situation are getting a lot darker than I care to think about. But the longer this is unsolved the more chance that she may be lost in the darkness. My .Heart is with her and her family tonight. May they find some sense of peace and strength to get them through this night.

I don’t think this is likely.

This person would have to have Kenzie’s phone, and I’m pretty sure that law enforcement believes she arrived safely at her destination.

I think it’s safe to assume that whatever happened, occurred after she made it to NSL.

This really shouldn’t be that hard for LE to figure out.

You have a destination. You likely have surveillance footage. Eventually they will likely have her cell phone data, and a search warrant for her social media accounts.

It’s about finding out her connection to her destination, and (probably) WHO she was visiting.

Everything is there, it might just take some time to sort through it all.

If she’s hiding, they should find her. If something else happened, there should be an indication to that effect.

I’m just glad the news coverage has blown up, and gone national.

I don’t think this is likely.

This person would have to have Kenzie’s phone, and I’m pretty sure that law enforcement believes she arrived safely at her destination.

I think it’s safe to assume that whatever happened, occurred after she made it to NSL.

This really shouldn’t be that hard for LE to figure out.

You have a destination. You likely have surveillance footage. Eventually they will likely have her cell phone data, and a search warrant for her social media accounts.

It’s about finding out her connection to her destination, and (probably) WHO she was visiting.

Everything is there, it might just take some time to sort through it all.

If she’s hiding, they should find her. If something else happened, there should be an indication to that effect.

I’m just glad the news coverage has blown up, and gone national.
Speaking of the news, is the recent article from the Salt Lake Tribune posted here?
The one that mentions how she threw a Birthday party for her cat?

yeah they do. I know a few after hours clubs downtown from when I lived in Utah but no booze. Let’s say it is the strip club. So what would she be doing there after 1am? Picking up her paycheck? Odd to go there (or anywhere) first instead of home after a flight. JMO
I know of at least one in Utah that does serve booze and is open until 4:00 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288