ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, this is what I think might have happened. Seeing that there is no trace of her, not even one of her boots, nothing- I think someone did pick her up.

She should have been found by now. Just my opinion.

I also put this up there with one of two possibilities, both which come before her running into the woods and hills. There has never been one iota of anything shown to the public that she did so.

Jmo though.

Unfortunately, this is what I think might have happened. Seeing that there is no trace of her, not even one of her boots, nothing- I think someone did pick her up.

She should have been found by now. Just my opinion.
That has been my fear all along. I can’t rest easy about her unless they find a body.

That has been my fear all along. I can’t rest easy about her unless they find a body.
Mine as well. I can't believe that they haven't found something of her yet- not a boot, a piece of torn clothing, something, to indicate she is in the woods somewhere.

I saw that the folks that were chopping wood thought they saw her at first, only it turned out to be a worker instead. I wonder if this is the same person that the passenger in the car saw, and maybe from a distance, the worker looked younger or smaller. Allegedly, the driver did try to locate her according to where the passenger thought Serenity took off, but they didn't find her anywhere on the road.

That's why I am doubting the passenger in the car's thoughts that they saw Serenity. I am sure that they meant well and did see someone there, but I just don't know if I believe it was Serenity that they saw. She couldn't have gone too far down the road without being spotted by someone.

Makes me nervous, as you said, there's no body. All sorts of things go through your head- is she alive out there somewhere? Is she in danger, living with some predator? Among other things that have gone through my mind as well.

I wish this poor darling girl could be found. Searchers and LE are trying their best. It's such a shame that there is no video available to confirm where exactly she went when she ran off.

Mine as well. I can't believe that they haven't found something of her yet- not a boot, a piece of torn clothing, something, to indicate she is in the woods somewhere.

I saw that the folks that were chopping wood thought they saw her at first, only it turned out to be a worker instead. I wonder if this is the same person that the passenger in the car saw, and maybe from a distance, the worker looked younger or smaller. Allegedly, the driver did try to locate her according to where the passenger thought Serenity took off, but they didn't find her anywhere on the road.

That's why I am doubting the passenger in the car's thoughts that they saw Serenity. I am sure that they meant well and did see someone there, but I just don't know if I believe it was Serenity that they saw. She couldn't have gone too far down the road without being spotted by someone.

Makes me nervous, as you said, there's no body. All sorts of things go through your head- is she alive out there somewhere? Is she in danger, living with some predator? Among other things that have gone through my mind as well.

I wish this poor darling girl could be found. Searchers and LE are trying their best. It's such a shame that there is no video available to confirm where exactly she went when she ran off.
The initial reports about the woodcutters was wrong. It as not that they thought they saw her, it was actually that workers who were looking for Serenity saw the wood cutters and stopped to ask if they had seen her. So no one mistook a worker for Serenity. That a big, big mistake, the way that was initially reported.

The initial reports about the woodcutters was wrong. It as not that they thought they saw her, it was actually that workers who were looking for Serenity saw the wood cutters and stopped to ask if they had seen her. So no one mistook a worker for Serenity. That a big, big mistake, the way that was initially reported.

It was. It was a huge mistake. Even all of that is still a mystery. Were workers driving around on their own looking for her at some point on different radio channels? Or on no radio, one went alone and came across the wood cutters? Before 911 was called and after searching the home? Or walking and looking and saw the wood cutters? Interesting too that we heard of wood cutters right off the bat as if that was the earliest and it was one of the first things we heard, but the people in the car at the home did not appear in the story or news until well after that as I recall. Why would any worker be down by the woodcutters before the home was advised by the people in the car that she was outside? We are now told they were searching the premises, yet at that time they were looking for wood cutters who had seen her with a very false time frame given. Add in a false time for 911 being called and this entire case was a mess from the start.

Did the people in the car pass the worker who saw the wood cutters? Or pass the worker in a car, or walking?? At first, from what we were told one had to assume Serenity ran off, the woodcutters saw her, later it comes out about this car and then we assumed she came back to the home because of cold or fear? And then disappeared again? Then there was a much repeated report she was last seen running up a hill between trees by an employee I believe again. That has disappeared.

Of course time frames have changed now so who knows as has just about every initial report.

And yes, the woodcutters were put out there as a couple who had seen Serenity or even last seen Serenity. I don't know how things can be reported so incorrectly. If it was the media who got that incorrect... 911 call time was not a media mistake... Can't blame media for that one, it was the home.

One can't blame LE for everything I state in this post either as they had to be called before they could be aware of any child missing, it was the home who decided that.

Jmo.

Bumping for Serenity and I guess venting a bit on her behalf as well.

It was. It was a huge mistake. Even all of that is still a mystery. Were workers driving around on their own looking for her at some point on different radio channels? Or on no radio, one went alone and came across the wood cutters? Before 911 was called and after searching the home? Or walking and looking and saw the wood cutters? Interesting too that we heard of wood cutters right off the bat as if that was the earliest and it was one of the first things we heard, but the people in the car at the home did not appear in the story or news until well after that as I recall. Why would any worker be down by the woodcutters before the home was advised by the people in the car that she was outside? We are now told they were searching the premises, yet at that time they were looking for wood cutters who had seen her with a very false time frame given. Add in a false time for 911 being called and this entire case was a mess from the start.

Did the people in the car pass the worker who saw the wood cutters? Or pass the worker in a car, or walking?? At first, from what we were told one had to assume Serenity ran off, the woodcutters saw her, later it comes out about this car and then we assumed she came back to the home because of cold or fear? And then disappeared again? Then there was a much repeated report she was last seen running up a hill between trees by an employee I believe again. That has disappeared.

Of course time frames have changed now so who knows as has just about every initial report.

And yes, the woodcutters were put out there as a couple who had seen Serenity or even last seen Serenity. I don't know how things can be reported so incorrectly. If it was the media who got that incorrect... 911 call time was not a media mistake... Can't blame media for that one, it was the home.

One can't blame LE for everything I state in this post either as they had to be called before they could be aware of any child missing, it was the home who decided that.

Jmo.

I read there is a private search going on today in a place called Hippie Hole. Several people have speculated about searching there so today it's being done.

I read there is a private search going on today in a place called Hippie Hole. Several people have speculated about searching there so today it's being done.

I have wondered about that one myself. There have been deaths there as well but generally of teenagers or adults if I recall correctly (I knew of it before this case).

I think it was stated she could not have made it that far when it was alleged in that cold dressed as she was she could not have went far but clearly that is not proving to have found her close by thus far.

Did not know they were searching there--thank you for the info.

I continue to pray for her.

Jmo.

I’m very confused by what you’ve written. I’ve never seen most of this reported. I’ve followed from the beginning and this is what I know.

The woodcutters did NOT see Serenity.

The woodcutters were not seen by staff until after the people in the car saw Serenity at the gate and reported it.

So no, staff was not off the property talking to woodcutters before Serenity was reported by the people in the car.

As I recall, we heard about the people in the car pretty immediately and not after the woodcutters.

I’m very confused by what you’ve written. I’ve never seen most of this reported. I’ve followed from the beginning and this is what I know.

The woodcutters were not seen by staff until after the people in the car saw Serenity at the gate and reported it.

So no, staff was not off the property talking to woodcutters before Serenity was reported by the people in the car.

As I recall, we heard about the people in the car pretty immediately and not after the woodcutters.

I am talking about the confusion in the beginning and the discussion here. I think the fact the 911 call was off for one thing added to the confusion. Then most all of us thought they started looking outside for her immediately. There were conflicting media accounts and it was stated the woodcutters saw her on the road. In time, much of this changed and things were straightened out or seemingly so. To me, it never was, but that is jmo.

There also was an account of someone seeing her going up the hill and the direction too (I believe it was north but will not swear to that) and if I recall correctly it allegedly was from an employee, they could see her as she moved along amongst the trees.

I can understand the confusion because most of this is not what the facts purportedly are now.

I think giving a wrong time period had a lot to do with it. We were under the impression 911 was called almost immediately and that was pretty much stated hence the necessity for the correction later by the director. So then if we heard someone saw something at 11:30 or 12:30 (just examples, we took that and could figure if it was before 911 was called or after)--again just throwing out times as examples, not real times. This led to much confusion.

The way it stands now? No one saw Serenity ever head into the woods yet that is what we were all led to believe.

Not trying to argue, it is the way I recall it and I as well have been here. Again, I think when partial things come out and a very wrong time frame, it contributed to placing the other things where they belonged based on that wrong time frame.

Jmo.

I thought the wood cutters were wrongly identified as the first witnesses?

We were told LE was looking for the woodcutters first via the media. Then we were told the wood cutters saw a staff not Serenity. Then it changed to a lady and passenger dropping off someone (a child was mentioned somewhere) and that those people saw her by the cattle guard by the parking lot/on the road around 11 ish (can't remember exact time) I have read a couple different things on that so including both since since articles say the guard and others say she was walking on the road. The lady reportedly drove up and down the road looking for Serenity after she reported seeing Serenity to staff but the lady and passenger never saw Serenity again.

It is all is articles previously posted in this thread and I don't have time to search to find all the links right now...sorry! Some initial articles have been updated too so some may be hard to find.

This is why there is so much confusion!

MOO

KT and her specialized dog team from Cody, Wyoming spent the weekend tracking scent in search of Serenity Dennard. The dogs did alert to some areas. Volunteer regional K9 teams will be coming to the area to search when their schedules permit.

Video at link too

ETA: there in info about the Hippie Hole search on Lynne Lynne DiSanto's Lynne Seeks Truth FB page.

I don’t recall them being identified as the first witnesses, but yes, they were wrongly identified as any kind of witness.

The whole thing was a cluster * for sure. But I do feel like the facts got straightened out eventually. Unfortunately, that doesn’t help Serenity. The real problem was their protocol sucked, frankly.

I think it depends. Unfortunately a middle-aged man doing the same thing as you did would most likely cause alarm. I’m always hesitant to touch a child that I don’t know. I think I would probably stay with the child until I saw another person that could go look for the parent. I would stoop down to their level to form some kind of trust. Keep them engaged & safe. If I know the child...completely different story. I’m a middle-aged momma so it probably wouldn’t cause too much alarm if I took the child’s hand, but you never know and it’s just what I’m personally comfortable doing. IMO.
Interestingly, just yesterday a little girl approached me on the beach yesterday. She was about two. I didn’t touch her, but bent down to her level and kept her engaged by just speaking with her. Just as I was looking around for anyone searching for her and talked with other concerned beachcombers, I was about to tell my husband to get a lifeguard. Then a man walked up smiling and said she was with him. He pointed to her mother in the water. I thought of these posts!

We were told LE was looking for the woodcutters first via the media. Then we were told the wood cutters saw a staff not Serenity. Then it changed to a lady and passenger dropping off someone (a child was mentioned somewhere) and that those people saw her by the cattle guard by the parking lot/on the road around 11 ish (can't remember exact time) I have read a couple different things on that so including both since since articles say the guard and others say she was walking on the road. The lady reportedly drove up and down the road looking for Serenity after she reported seeing Serenity to staff but the lady and passenger never saw Serenity again.

It is all is articles previously posted in this thread and I don't have time to search to find all the links right now...sorry! Some initial articles have been updated too so some may be hard to find.

This is why there is so much confusion!

MOO

The other thing that contributed was being told 911 was called right away. So then we set a time for that. Then if we heard someone saw her at 11ish, we would say well that was before or after 911 and it was incorrect because the time 911 was called was incorrect. If we heard Serenity was searched for inside for 20 minutes, we then went well since 911 was called right away that puts the time 20 minutes after we know 911 was called. But the 911 call time provided was incorrect. (These are examples not specifics on times or events of how it threw things all off base)

It helped nothing and we will never know how much it hurt. Fact as far as I can see.

Imo.

They were the first we heard about by a long shot.

Imo.

Initially, LE believed the wood cutters were the last persons to see Serenity.

For whatever reason, LE was not called to the scene until 12:30pm -- first deputy arrived about 12:45pm, and search and rescued did not mobilize until 1:15pm.

I believe the confusion occurred when LE attempted to verify the who/what/where that happened before they were notified about the missing child, and arrived on the scene.

By late Sunday, Feb 3, 2019 - Authorities put out their first request:

Investigators are looking to speak with a couple who may have been the last to see a missing 9-year-old Pennington County girl.

Authorities said a man and woman were cutting wood in the area of Foster Gulch and South Rockerville Road and spoke with Children’s Home staff on Sunday between 10:30 a.m and 11:30 a.m. [prior to 911 call to LE by Children's Home]

Deputies would like to speak with them to better determine a timeline on Serenity Dennard’s disappearance and her direction of travel.

They are described as being in their late 20s or early 30s and driving a pickup truck.

Serenity was last seen leaving the Black Hills Children’s Home on Sunday about 10:45 a.m.

On April 29, 2019 - Sheriff Thom acknowledged the confusion, and issued the following:

RAPID CITY S.D. — Over the past few months, there’s been a lot of confusion surrounding the disappearance of Serenity Dennard.

On Monday, investigators and search crews turned up new information to clear up misunderstandings. Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom said dog teams involved in the search for Serenity are picking up a human scent in Rockerville. But with winter weather in the immediate forecast, Thom said the odds are against them finding the nine-year-old until the weather improves.

Serenity walked away from the Children’s Home Society on Sunday, Feb. 3. The couple who was chopping wood who believed they saw her, actually saw a staff member from the Children’s Home who was out searching. They did not actually see Serenity.

Sheriff Thom says two people who don’t work for the Children’s Home saw Serenity while they were in the parking lot. As far as investigators know, they are the last people to have seen her. The people in the parking lot tell investigators that Serenity crossed the cattle guard and headed north on South Rockerville Road.

After telling staff she was missing, they left the facility.

“Those two witnesses drove back out onto South Rockerville road, and didn’t see Serenity,” Thom said. “In that three to five minute window, she was no longer on the road. Where she went from there is what we’re trying to ascertain.”

Rescue crews are focusing their efforts on the area around the Children’s Home, and Teepee Gulch Road. Thom says the search continues because of the progress made by the dogs.

Video of Sheriff statements at link below

New details emerge in search for Serenity Dennard - KNBN NewsCenter1

Initially, LE believed the wood cutters were the last persons to see Serenity.

For whatever reason, LE was not called to the scene until 12:30pm -- first deputy arrived about 12:45pm, and search and rescued did not mobilize until 1:15pm.

I believe the confusion occurred when LE attempted to verify the who/what/where that happened before they were notified about the missing child, and arrived on the scene.

By late Sunday, Feb 3, 2019 - Authorities put out their first request:

Investigators are looking to speak with a couple who may have been the last to see a missing 9-year-old Pennington County girl.

Authorities said a man and woman were cutting wood in the area of Foster Gulch and South Rockerville Road and spoke with Children’s Home staff on Sunday between 10:30 a.m and 11:30 a.m. [prior to 911 call to LE by Children's Home]

Deputies would like to speak with them to better determine a timeline on Serenity Dennard’s disappearance and her direction of travel.

They are described as being in their late 20s or early 30s and driving a pickup truck.

Serenity was last seen leaving the Black Hills Children’s Home on Sunday about 10:45 a.m.

On April 29, 2019 - Sheriff Thom acknowledged the confusion, and issued the following:

RAPID CITY S.D. — Over the past few months, there’s been a lot of confusion surrounding the disappearance of Serenity Dennard.

On Monday, investigators and search crews turned up new information to clear up misunderstandings. Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom said dog teams involved in the search for Serenity are picking up a human scent in Rockerville. But with winter weather in the immediate forecast, Thom said the odds are against them finding the nine-year-old until the weather improves.

Serenity walked away from the Children’s Home Society on Sunday, Feb. 3. The couple who was chopping wood who believed they saw her, actually saw a staff member from the Children’s Home who was out searching. They did not actually see Serenity.

Sheriff Thom says two people who don’t work for the Children’s Home saw Serenity while they were in the parking lot. As far as investigators know, they are the last people to have seen her. The people in the parking lot tell investigators that Serenity crossed the cattle guard and headed north on South Rockerville Road.

After telling staff she was missing, they left the facility.

“Those two witnesses drove back out onto South Rockerville road, and didn’t see Serenity,” Thom said. “In that three to five minute window, she was no longer on the road. Where she went from there is what we’re trying to ascertain.”

Rescue crews are focusing their efforts on the area around the Children’s Home, and Teepee Gulch Road. Thom says the search continues because of the progress made by the dogs.

Video of Sheriff statements at link below

New details emerge in search for Serenity Dennard - KNBN NewsCenter1

Thank you so much. I knew LE stated they believed the woodcutters had seen Serenity and were looking for them for that reason. Just as this states there was much confusion, a lot, in the early days and it shows it continued for months, the confusion. Add in the time of the 911 call being wrong... So this does show the woodcutters saw a worker before 911 was called... I knew it was eventually stated they saw a worker but could not recall if it was before or after the actual 911 call...

I guess the point is it was quite a mess of confusion from the start and that is quite simply a fact imo as what you have cited here states.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member