Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the top brutal overkills are being inflicted on many victims which are way beyond what it took to end the victim's life.

It's even happening when the murderer was/is a complete stranger to all of their victims.

Where does all of this rage, and hate come from.. even against victims they didn't know... where they now not only murder them, but many do rapes, and do prolonged barbaric tortures to those they have never known?

RSBM

It's be interesting to know if there are actually more, or if the distribution of info about them is higher?

Reading Whoever Fights Monsters, there was certainly no shortage of barbaric killers, however many of these things were simply local crimes that would not get national attention. This was indeed one reason to put together the FBI profiling team, so these cases would be handled in a consistent way nationwide.

Anyway - interesting theory. I have no data on it!

As for the rage - this one I have read about. Sexually motivated attackers often bottle/botch their first rape because they lose control in the initial assault and you see overkill. e.g Becky Watts

I wouldn't be surprised if Chase raped summer after he "subdued" her - also common.

Maybe it's all the pollution with different kinds of chemicals (Monsanto?) - in the air that's effecting more people - making them crazy??!! o_O

Most forms of pollution were actually heavily reduced in most western countries since the bad old days of the 50s-70s

Diesel is probably the exception to that

Sadly lots of these gains are being reversed at the moment.

I still recall soccer practice in winter when i'd blow my nose and it was black from coal smoke, and that was the 80s!

Morning all!

Hopefully today is the day!

I have a question please.

If the jury comes back with an unanimous verdict does anyone know if JS will impose the sentence immediately or will he set a future sentencing date?

Tia

Jmho

I believe that he’ll set a future sentencing date. For one thing, that’s how I’ve seen it done, and for another, that’d give time to assemble people for impact statements.

Morning all!

Hopefully today is the day!

I have a question please.

If the jury comes back with an unanimous verdict does anyone know if JS will impose the sentence immediately or will he set a future sentencing date?

Tia

Jmho
Another case I was reading up on recently they set sentencing for a different date, but I don't know if that means it has to be done that way.

If it's the death penalty I do know the judge has to assume the defence will apply for the judge to give him LWOP, (similar to the end of the prosecution's case where the defence asks for dismissal of the case) and the judge has to summarize the aggravating facts against the mitigating facts, and so validate the jury's verdict, before he pronounces sentence.

Thank you Wary, and Tortoise!

I was hoping that was the case since it would allow for witness impact statements.

I wasn't sure how it is done in CA.

Imo

:(:mad:
Unfortunately, we will never know now.

However it's rather common when someone uses a foreboding bludgeoning weapon like a sledgehammer they can have injuries themselves.

In striking the victims in a frenzy they can sustain blows themselves from miss directed or glancing blows.

It can cause gashes when splitting the skin which would look like a cut.

This one had a short handle so he knew he had to get even closer in on his victims leaving the possibility of striking or cutting himself.

He was probably holding onto them with one hand, and striking with the other to give him more control over them.

The possibilities are endless.

Imo

If, in fact, CM used a knife to cut off Summer's bra, he may have cut himself during that incident.:(:mad:

No mention of whether the camera is there, no link has been put up on L&C.

If the verdict comes back today I reckon we'll hear it by tweet, or it will be a mad dash to get there and set up the camera, or L&C will find someone to film it on their cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288