Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Begnaud on Twitter

BREAKING: Salt Lake City police will hold a news conference shorty to announce that missing college student #MacKenzieLueck was last seen at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City getting into a vehicle at 2:50am. She put her bag in the car & appeared to be happy to see the driver.
So what’s the description of the vehicle?

David Begnaud on Twitter
There’s a #callherdaddy hashtag on Mackenzie Instagram account that police are researching as they look into Mackenzies dating profile, a family spokesperson confirms to CBS News. Mackenzie was known to date older man. She was “currently dating multiple people.”
2:13 PM - 24 Jun 2019

David Begnaud on Twitter
Mackenzie missed her midterm exam, and according to a family spokesperson, missed a flight home to Los Angeles, yesterday.
2:13 PM - 24 Jun 2019

Alright, now we’re getting somewhere.

She very well may have had contact with this person before, and this wasn’t a first time thing.

If that’s the case, it would be slightly encouraging.

Doesn’t rule out foul play though.
And the Lyft driver had a lot of time to observe because they had to transfer luggage. I bet he/she has told them a great deal of information about the driver and the car.

I wonder where exactly she put her bag, in the trunk? In the back seat?

I wonder if LE will provide a description of the driver in the PC. Again, I’m worried if the driver may not recall the type of vehicle bc it was dark.

And the Lyft driver had a lot of time to observe because they had to transfer luggage. I bet he/she has told them a great deal of information about the driver and the car.

Absolutely. It was crucial that they interview this person, and it appears they delivered.

So you’ll have an eyewitness description, and hopefully some surveillance footage.

2:50 am? That's interesting. A lot of time between landing at 1 am and getting dropped off at 2:50?
Yes. This makes me wonder if someone was actually supposed to pick her up at the airport and didn't show on time. She waited a while and the person was still late. Then maybe she contacted Lyft, and soon after found out that the person was on the way, so was dropped half-way or so. Could be. MOO

Third shift worker (( waves )) 0250 is when the party just gets started! MOO
Okay, fair enough. We'll add you to the list of people available! :)

People available to meet at 2:50am:

3rd shift workers - what kind of jobs are these. ER doctor? Factory?
unemployed
young
student
on drugs that keep you up
musician/performer
bartender
so rich he doesn't have to work in the morning
slacker who doesn't care if he's tired the next day
unmarried
someone willing to let her sleep at his place

Just tossing out ideas on who she would've met. It was one thing to accept she met someone at 1am as "not late" for college-age people. But 2:50 ventures into "too late to meet" for most people....or doesn't it? Can we narrow possibilities based on the time?

jmo

If he was planning on taking her somewhere off the grid or doing something foul play like, wouldn't you not want the Lyft driver to see your vehicle? Seems like it would have made more sense for him to pick her up from the airport if that was the intention?

David Begnaud on Twitter

BREAKING: Salt Lake City police will hold a news conference shorty to announce that missing college student #MacKenzieLueck was last seen at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City getting into a vehicle at 2:50am. She put her bag in the car & appeared to be happy to see the driver.
Quoted BBM
Well there it is!

Left voluntarily at the time of pick up....then what?

Am I the only one getting a Kenia Monge caase flashback? Just me?

Ugggghh. I didn’t get a Travis Forbes vibe, but now that you mention this...

TF liked fires. Burned evidence in the alley AND lit another victim on fire. TF, I could write a book on that $&@zzz....he agreed to lead LE to Kenia’s location, but only if they swore he wouldn’t be labeled a SexOffender in prison!!! Not to mention he stored Kenia’s body at his work in a cooler!!

ETA:
TF, what a piece of work. His victim who survived being lit on fire is doing well btw, and last I heard from a local she is teaching yoga in prisons.

ETA2:

TF buried Kenia’s Drivers License with her body. Cops asked why. You know what he said? Because he figured if the cops were smart enough to find her body, then they deserve an ID.

Offfftttttt)

University of Utah on Twitter
University statement about missing student Mackenzie Lueck https://attheu.utah.edu/university-statements/university-statement-about-missing-u-student-mackenzie-lueck/ …
2:20 PM - 24 Jun 2019

University statement about missing U student Mackenzie Lueck | @theU
The University of Utah is deeply concerned about the well-being of Mackenzie “Kenzie” Lueck and her family. The university is cooperating with the Salt Lake City Police Department, which is investigating her disappearance. Mackenzie is enrolled part-time as a senior at the U, and is majoring in kinesiology and pre-nursing and minoring in health. She has been enrolled at the U since fall 2014. Because of privacy laws that protect Mackenzie’s personal information, the university cannot provide further details.

The university’s dean of students has spoken with Mackenzie’s family to offer support and to express the campus community’s shared hope for her safe return. The dean’s office is also talking with and providing support to Mackenzie’s classmates.

(cont. at the link)

Okay, fair enough. We'll add you to the list of people available! :)

People available to meet at 2:50am:

3rd shift workers - what kind of jobs are these. ER doctor? Factory?
unemployed
young
student
on drugs that keep you up
musician/performer
bartender
so rich he doesn't have to work in the morning
slacker who doesn't care if he's tired the next day
unmarried
someone willing to let her sleep at his place

Just tossing out ideas on who she would've met. It was one thing to accept she met someone at 1am as "not late" for college-age people. But 2:50 ventures into "too late to meet" for most people....or doesn't it? Can we narrow possibilities based on the time?

jmo

Doctor, that is interesting. This may not be someone getting off work it may be someone going to work.

David Begnaud on Twitter

This information was given to police by a Lyft driver who took Mackenzie from the Salt Lake City international Airport to the park.
The Lyft driver is the one who described the interaction between Mackenzie and the unidentified individual as pleasant & happy to see each other

Well this seems promising. The other person has to know they were seen by the Lyft driver, and you'd assume the driver could give some sort of a physical description. Maybe this really is a case of ML wanting to get away for a bit and not FP? *fingers crossed*

Still odd there hasn't been any communication on her part, though. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member