Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy would probably love to be treated like someone so famous as Manson. I wouldn't put it past AT to pull some other trick, even as handcuffed. Lunge himself out of the chair, scream, defecate (don't know where that last idea came from, but it just popped into my head....so sorry!).

jmo

I think he is probably as twisted and demented as Charlie Manson, but the world has changed a lot since 1969 and there have been so many hideous murders since then.

The "mystery" behind what makes people who
murder tick has pretty much been determined and accepted that they are antisocial, narcissistic and often illegal drug use is involved.

AT is not "special". He's in a pool with a lot of murderers. He'll never get the national notoriety of Manson and in Nebraska, he's not going down in history as Starkweather and Fugate did. JMO.

He's a disgusting narcissistic sociopath (or psychopath) who murdered a completely innocent and beautiful young woman. It's time for him to pull up his big boy pants and accept the consequences, and it's time for him to accept that his tantrums are not going to prevent BB from paying consequences for her role in this.

JMO

It'd be laughable if poor Sydney's family wasn't being re-victimized by this jerk.

Anyone remember some Saturday Night Live skits with Jon Lovitz and John Lithgow as overdramatic actors where they would pretend to hurt themselves and when the other person asked them if they were OK, they would dramatically say, "YES! FOR YOU SEE I WAS MERELY...ACTING!!!" and the other one would exclaim "Genius!!! Brava!" ? I suspect Aubrey's "collapse" was from the school of merely ACTING! But he ain't no genius, that's for sure.

It'd be laughable if poor Sydney's family wasn't being re-victimized by this jerk.

Anyone remember some Saturday Night Live skits with Jon Lovitz and John Lithgow as overdramatic actors where they would pretend to hurt themselves and when the other person asked them if they were OK, they would dramatically say, "YES! FOR YOU SEE I WAS MERELY...ACTING!!!" and the other one would exclaim "Genius!!! Brava!" ? I suspect Aubrey's "collapse" was from the school of merely ACTING! But he ain't no genius, that's for sure.
Yes, it makes my heart hurt that Sydney's family is waiting for truth and justice, and he is putting on this ugly theatrical show in court.

Completely insulting.

jmo

Awesome.

I'm totally prepared for this guy to appeal any guilty verdict because the trial wasn't done properly. Judge, please be more alert than you ever are! I think he has more tricks planned, just no idea what.

jmo
I totally agree. He is a master manipulator
Last week I observed more than once when there was only one deputy standing near him with their back turned to AT, gun in holster where AT could easily have grabbed it, stood up and who knows what might have happened
This is all a show- HIS SHOW. I only hope in the end that justice is served

O.M.G. JenniD...of course you weren't there today!!!

I'm trying to get work done and this comes across my news feed....

I have no words, at least that I can say here without getting in trouble.
Wouldn’t you know it? I had other obligations today and thought it would be an uneventful day. Guess I was wrong

I totally agree. He is a master manipulator
Last week I observed more than once when there was only one deputy standing near him with their back turned to AT, gun in holster where AT could easily have grabbed it, stood up and who knows what might have happened
This is all a show- HIS SHOW. I only hope in the end that justice is served
That is a scary thought. I'm glad he will be handcuffed and hope he remains cuffed for the rest of the trial. Outbursts could still happen, I suppose.

jmo

Paul Hammel on Twitter
Trail attempted to slash the side of his neck just after a Spencer, Iowa, motel clerk testified that he and Bailey Boswell spent three days there starting on Thanksgiving Day 2017, about a week after Sydney Loofe went missing

Paul Hammel on Twitter
Both Trail and Boswell (who faces trial in October) stand accused of first degree murder and dismembering Loofe’s body

David C. Solheim on Twitter
Court reconvened at 2:00PM. Jury told to disregard what they witnessed. One of those legal fictions that makes sense in theory but near impossible in reality.

Judge will speak with each juror individually—presumably to see if they have now drawn a conclusion as to Trail’s guilt.

Trail was not present in the courtroom. Still no word on his condition.

No mention of a mistrial. Still wouldn’t rule it out necessarily. I think the judge wants some sense of how the jury perceived this. And the defense needs some time to speak with their client and understand his physical and mental condition.

Court scheduled to reconvene tomorrow at 9:00AM. Will be interesting to see what happens. Will Trail be present? It’s possible, though not preferable, to have a trial in the defendant’s absence. Will they just call the next witness like nothing happened?

Follow at @NewsChannelNE

Comparing notes with other attorneys. Normally a defendant is not allowed to cause their own mistrial. You see outbursts and disruptive behavior with some frequency. It almost never results in a mistrial.

This might be different. Can this jury disregard and still be impartial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151