Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely sounds to me like she had a meet-up scheduled for 3am at the park. IMO she didn't leave the airport until when she did, because she timed it to get there exactly when she did, 2:59am.

I'm not sure any thing nefarious happened at the airport. She probably freshened up, maybe had something to eat or drink, check SM and then, oh look, time to get my Lyft.

I don't believe there are cameras, unfortunately. There are actually two parking lots, this one I took those pictures in, which is on the south side of the park. There is another smaller parking lot on the northeast side as well. I'd be curious to know which lot she was dropped off at. I honestly take my dog there all the time, all times of the day, and it's just a very quiet nice park. Whenever I go there after dark to walk my dog around the little walking track they have, quite a few times I'll see police pulling in there to monitor it.
Can you tell us the first day that you noticed more police activity in the area? I’m wondering if LE went up there as soon as they learned where the Lyft driver dropped her. They may have wanted to look around before word got out and the place was trampled by looky loos. They could look for her, her luggage/purse, evidence of a struggle, and cctv cameras. Also, did they canvas your apartment building?
A lot depends on what the Lyft driver saw or said he saw when ML got out of the car. Was someone waiting there when they pulled up? On foot? In a vehicle? Did she walk off? Into the park? Out of the park? There’s been no description of a person she met or a car she might have approached.
So much may depend on the Lyft driver’s observations. However, it was late, he had more fares waiting, he may have been tired. He may not have paid one bit of attention to what ML did when she got out of his car. He may simply have driven off without giving her another thought.

So the question is... who is "they"? They, as in the driver made contact with the person? They, as in the driver and ML? They, as in the mysterious driver and ML?
That's why I called it kind of an odd exchange. The gist is, IMO, that ML knew the person in the vehicle and that he was there to pick her up. MOO

JMO this started out voluntarily and may have gone side-ways and ML can't contact anyone right now.
How I wish she is just missing on her own accord, taking a break, but it is certainly so concerning.
Especially missing the flight this past Sunday.
Chi
ETA anyone can suffer a mental break at any time, but it seems apparent that ML knew where she was going and who she "thought" she was meeting, if not actually knowing this person. :(

IMO if she was meeting for drugsm she would have had the lyft idle while she picked them up and returned. I dont think she would dismiss the lyft to be left alone with someone she didnt know.

imo
I'm the OP of the drug question - and I don't think she was at the parking lot to buy. Instead, I'm wondering if she and the meetup did drugs together and perhaps she OD'd. I wondered if that sounded possible....but seems like it's not something anyone she knows would expect of her. Still could've happened, but so could have a number of other things. We don't know.

jmo

If she landed at 1am how did it take that long to get to the park? What did she do in between those times???
Go to the bathroom, freshen up, retrieve luggage, takes time to walk through, maybe get a coffee???

At the PC they asked if they had surveillance of her in the airport and they did but they won’t reveal that footage as of now.

I hear ya, and good thought, but it seems to be a very important aspect, I wouldn’t think that would be something that there would be a lack of clarity about, even if he is getting this info from detectives? Either he saw her get in the car or he didn’t, moo.

Maybe it is what you said though.
I'm guessing that once the driver knew, in fact, that the unknown male was Kenzie's ride and (ie: someone known to her), he drove off before actually seeing them get in the car. MOO

re: cameras

UDOT does have traffic cams (LINK)

The nearest southbound onramp from the park would be here:
I15 NB @ I215 North Interchange MP 313.28 NSL

The nearest northbound onramp from the park would here:
I15 SB @ Main St MP 314.31 NSL
So if the car left via the highway, it should be on video, right?

Fingers crossed that is the case.

jmo

So I presume LE has to consider this so far a consensual meeting and as of yet, no crime appears to have been committed.

Other than neglecting her cat.

How long will they let this go on for without any contact from her or her friend?

They’re not trying to let this go on any longer than they have to.

The answers almost certainly lie within her social media and phone data, but they haven’t yet (that we know of), been able to get search warrants for these things.

Once they get that information, I expect things to really start moving.

Go to the bathroom, freshen up, retrieve luggage, takes time to walk through, maybe get a coffee???

At the PC they asked if they had surveillance of her in the airport and they did but they won’t reveal that footage as of now.

Sometimes it takes a while for a Lyft or Uber to arrive as well.

She could have potentially waited several minutes.

Can you tell us the first day that you noticed more police activity in the area? I’m wondering if LE went up there as soon as they learned where the Lyft driver dropped her. They may have wanted to look around before word got out and the place was trampled by looky loos. They could look for her, her luggage/purse, evidence of a struggle, and cctv cameras. Also, did they canvas your apartment building?
A lot depends on what the Lyft driver saw or said he saw when ML got out of the car. Was someone waiting there when they pulled up? On foot? In a vehicle? Did she walk off? Into the park? Out of the park? There’s been no description of a person she met or a car she might have approached.
So much may depend on the Lyft driver’s observations. However, it was late, he had more fares waiting, he may have been tired. He may not have paid one bit of attention to what ML did when she got out of his car. He may simply have driven off without giving her another thought.

I didn't notice anything going on there until this morning, there were several Salt Lake City police cars and what looked like several unmarked police cars as well. They were canvasing the area, talking to people at the park, as well as I know they went directly across the street and asked people in the apartment complex. I'm sure they did a canvas of the park, but I didn't see anyone there until this morning and they had come and gone within a matter of two hours. Of course it's possibly they did before this morning, but I am under the impression they believe she simply met someone there and they drove away. She probably wasn't there more than five minutes IMO. They really don't seem to be focusing on the park much at all, TBH.

65213806_10213669847091645_8964756791648845824_n.jpg

additionally, does anybody know what #callyourdaddy is? She has that posted on her instagram page. Thanks

I didn't notice anything going on there until this morning, there were several Salt Lake City police cars and what looked like several unmarked police cars as well. They were canvasing the area, talking to people at the park, as well as I know they went directly across the street and asked people in the apartment complex. I'm sure they did a canvas of the park, but I didn't see anyone there until this morning and they had come and gone within a matter of two hours. Of course it's possibly they did before this morning, but I am under the impression they believe she simply met someone there and they drove away. She probably wasn't there more than five minutes IMO. They really don't seem to be focusing on the park much at all, TBH.
Thank you @sweetcandyapple

Just a random thought from me, I don't think ML is a drug user since there's been no indication of that. And even if someone is, they still matter.
The point is, she knew she was meeting someone at that park.
It was pre-arranged.
She may have met this person before or never.
And it is always a sad possibility that when one goes in a vehicle with another, they can be drugged without their knowledge.
As in a drink, etc.
I don't even want to think of that possibility.
MacKenzie please call SLCPD or a friend or your family.
No one is going to judge you because everyone has made a bad judgement call before.
If anyone reading here knows where she is, do the right thing and phone it in. You can remain anonymous.
JMO and hoping ML comes back asap
Chi

Here’s the timeline, courtesy of the Salt Lake Tribune:

Doubt gave this timeline of Lueck’s activities on June 17: Her plane from California landed at 1:35 a.m., and she texted her mother at 2:01 a.m. She caught a Lyft at 2:42 a.m., riding to Hatch Park, arriving at 2:59 a.m. There she met someone in a vehicle.

Why did she wait so long to text her mom I wonder...

That's why I called it kind of an odd exchange. The gist is, IMO, that ML knew the person in the vehicle and that he was there to pick her up. MOO

One would think if Kenzie was familiar with the person, she would immediately hop into the car.

Because this wasn't said, it leads me to believe this may be a first time encounter...

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member