ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jessica still lives in the area? Still puts up posters, talks to LE on a regular basis, hits up local media to keep her sons name/face out there?

I’m not local to the area so I don’t know if the parents moved out of state.

I don’t know if I could move away from the area where my son went missing, if I was out of state on vacation when it happened- maybe a different story.

Unless I knew he wasn’t there.

Last edited:
Uncleared person of interest is entirely different than a suspect. Penner has never named a suspect.
That's true, Penner never named any suspects. OTOH he hasn't cleared any of the people Bowerman called suspects either, which was my point. IMO Deorr's parents are still on his radar, otherwise why does he call them POIs? It's about to be 4 years since Deorr disappeared. If he felt they were not involved then why not just say so?

Suspects or POIs - in the public's eye there's not much difference as both imply a lack of innocence. And there's still the problem of the parents' polygraphs and inconsistent statements; that's a separate issue that apparently has not been resolved.

However, it's all my own opinion, based on cases where LE has clearly stated that they don't believe family members are involved so maybe I'm just more cynical than you.

Baby DeOrr Missing: What Happened To The Idaho Two-Year-Old?

Two-Year-Old DeOrr Kunz Went Missing on a Camping Trip in 2015, and Evidence Is Piling Against His Parents
Updated: Jun 13, 2018

While the good Samaritans of Idaho searched desperately for the little boy, inconsistencies began to arise in the parents’ stories.

The police finally admitted that Jessica and DeOrr Sr. were suspects in January 2016, as citizens wondered whether or not they should answer the couple’s call for donations. “They need to know that mom and dad are being less than truthful, and they can make a decision on whether to donate based on that,” said Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman to the Idaho State Journal. “We’ve interviewed them multiple times, and every time there are changes to parts of their story,” Bowerman said. “The little things all change every time we speak with them. We re-interviewed them, but they weren’t willing to tell us the truth.”

As for Grandpa and his friend Isaac Reinwand, who were also at the campsite, “They were at the scene, so we won’t rule them out,” Bowerman said. “But in terms of persons of interest, I think mom and dad are higher on the list.”

In another blow to the parent’s credibility, the private investigator that they had hired to prove their innocence quit in November of 2017, telling the East Idaho News that, “It is our firm belief that until truthfulness comes from the persons that we, as well as law enforcement, have named as suspects, there is nothing further to investigate.” They went on to suggest that the parents get charged at least with child endangerment.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/11/private-investigator-philip-klein-withdraws-deorr-kunz-case/

That's true, Penner never named any suspects. OTOH he hasn't cleared any of the people Bowerman called suspects either, which was my point. IMO Deorr's parents are still on his radar, otherwise why does he call them POIs? It's about to be 4 years since Deorr disappeared. If he felt they were not involved then why not just say so?

Suspects or POIs - in the public's eye there's not much difference as both imply a lack of innocence. And there's still the problem of the parents' polygraphs and inconsistent statements; that's a separate issue that apparently has not been resolved.

However, it's all my own opinion, based on cases where LE has clearly stated that they don't believe family members are involved so maybe I'm just more cynical than you.

A POI can be a witness and that's it. It's true that in the public's mind a POI and a suspect are often thought of as the same but that is not correct. Of course it is significant that they are uncleared POI but as far as I know, so are the other two that were up there.

A POI can be a witness and that's it. It's true that in the public's mind a POI and a suspect are often thought of as the same but that is not correct. Of course it is significant that they are uncleared POI but as far as I know, so are the other two that were up there.
Yeah, it gets a little muddy. Just this morning I saw a quote from the sheriff working on Jonathan Minard's murder case where he said "Let me be very clear, Jonathan's parents had no involvement with this tragic outcome." I've seen similar from LE in other cases but not in every case. But you're correct; I believe there is no legal definition of POI (as opposed to suspect).

Yeah, it would be very easy for Penner to say the parents are not suspects to stop the speculation but he hasn't. I've been following this case so long, I really don't want this to be another case that lags on for years. I cannot imagine that and I don't want that for the family.

DeOrr's parents were never married.

If I recall correctly, The jacket found was similar, not THE jacket.

It means nothing, in my opinion, that DeOrr's mom got married. It doesn't indicate DeOrr's mom "moved on" from her son in any way.

All my opinion only.

Just a random question but how many people buy similar jackets for a steadily growing two year old?

Perhaps he had two jackets that were the same except the one left in the apartment was a smaller size.
I doubt they were so flush with money they bought two jackets.
JMO

Perhaps he had two jackets that were the same except the one left in the apartment was a smaller size.
I doubt they were so flush with money they bought two jackets.
JMO

No one has to be flush with cash to own baby/toddler clothes. There are family and friends looking to unload many bags of clothes. My toddler's wardrobe is almost one hundred percent hand me downs that we haven't spent a dime on since birth and we have been given multiple of the same item. We have had the same item in different sizes, the same item in the same size but different colors, We've been given two of the same brand new item as gifts, etc. There are also brands like Carter's that will sell 2 packs on Amazon so yes, we have been given 2 toddler jackets in the same size. Then there are thrift stores, garage sales, and generous grandparents who can't help but buy an outfit or two while they shop somewhere. As a parent of a small child, you can be drowning in baby/toddler clothes without having to be flush with cash. It just finds you. Go to a family gathering and a relative has given you 6 bags of clothes their older child has outgrown. Your mom's hairdresser has outfits they never cut the tags off before their child outgrew them, here you go! Not to mention brand new clothes are a popular holiday and birthday gift for this age group. My child's birthday is in the winter and we received THREE winter coats at the first birthday party. We already had one at home too since it was already winter. It's all just so cute and people love to buy! You get the idea. I received so many hand me downs (going into toddler sizes) and then so many clothing gifts at my baby shower, I can remember just sitting there and crying looking at all the clothes I had to find homes for and figure out what was worth keeping and how to organize futire sizes. And no we are not rich.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member