Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far is the park from her home and what does she drive, anyone know? Really hoping that LE is checking her car and it has gps on it. If it's "business" this may be a regular meeting spot for her, jmo

I wonder how long she was in LA. I would be curious how much luggage she brought.

Most young people travel light with maybe one carry on and a backpack if only a day or so. That way you don’t have to wait for luggage.

If that’s all she had hard to imagine she was running away with someone longer than a few days unless she was going to buy all new clothes and essentials which I doubt.

Ladd Egan‏Verified account @laddegan
CONFIRMED: Police in North Salt Lake say surveillance cameras at Hatch Park are NOT working. There's no video of when missing 23-yr-old #MackenzieLueck was dropped off at 2:59 a.m. last Monday by a @lyft driver. Police don't know who she was meeting at the park @KSLcom @KSL5TV

D93NkiDU8AAtdoX.jpg

D93NkuRUIAA6F71.jpg

D93NlL5UcAAgxuo.jpg

4:12 PM - 24 Jun 2019 from Hatch Park pst

Well.....some here are unhappy @ discussing the SD/SB angle - however (& maybe I missed it, threads going so fast!) - I have yet to see anyone who doesn't like that 'angle' to give a theory of their own...
I'd love to see one
In all sincerity - I would....
A gal, after attending funeral for beloved Grandma, having been gone a weekend, having midterms starting next day arranges to meet up at 3am an unknown male who she is happy to see.....so: ignoring SD angle: what do you think happened?
Aside from ab affair - I'm pretty much a blank as to what could have occurred....

Suppose maybe she just hooked up with a friend (why at the park though, why didn't they pick her up from airport, why not a lyft ride to his house, why not meet at her place??)- something happened, maybe accident, maybe even car accident that hasn't yet been discovered.......

Sure like to see more theories not related to SD/SB....

JMO

It’s not confirmed that the person she met was a male. What if the person was a female? And what about a male she knew who was not her SD?

Police: missing U of U student MacKenzie Lueck took Lyft to park, left with someone in a vehicle
[...]

Doubt said the Lyft driver reported Lueck met someone at that park, who had arrived in a vehicle. He said the driver reported that “MacKenzie did not appear to be in any kind of distress” when she was picked up.

No details about the vehicle or a description of the person she met are available at this time.

“At this time there is no evidence that any harm has come to her, however because of the circumstances of the case we want to make sure that she is all right,” Doubt said.

Police have tried to locate the woman through her phone, which is turned off, but said that has not been successful. They are interviewing those known to her and searching areas she frequents.

[...]
The names in Utah are always unique. Chief Doubt especially. :(

Ladd Egan‏Verified account @laddegan
CONFIRMED: Police in North Salt Lake say surveillance cameras at Hatch Park are NOT working. There's no video of when missing 23-yr-old #MackenzieLueck was dropped off at 2:59 a.m. last Monday by a @lyft driver. Police don't know who she was meeting at the park @KSLcom @KSL5TV

D93NkiDU8AAtdoX.jpg

D93NkuRUIAA6F71.jpg

D93NlL5UcAAgxuo.jpg

4:12 PM - 24 Jun 2019 from Hatch Park pst

This is heartbreaking for sure. Seems like a big missed opportunity to be able to contribute information to this case. I'm hoping they will be able to identify other cameras in the area that maybe grabbed something.

To have a non-SD theory
Maybe Kenzie, grief, stress about midterm exams - just decides: screw it!
She hooks up with - (here I draw a blank, but plenty of options) this guy at 3am.....she cannot face midterms, cannot face the shame she feels at bailing, not coping well with grief...
Now maybe whomever she hooked up with did harm to her....OR
She still cannot step forward, and each day that passes it gets more difficult for her to come forward & admit she bailed on her life, her goals & her family...
Just speculation....
I don't know her at all - I don't know what her mental state was, how well prepared, or not, she was for exams, how close to her family etc. - to say if it's plausible.....
I doubt it - but I don't know her - I think only someone who knows her would know if what I just typed up is a possibility.....from what I have heard: those who do know her say they don't think she would have up & left her life like that
JMO

But who could sneak away from a wife in the middle of the night to meet a date? Unmarried person? Someone whose wife works? Someone who works nights? A young person who doesn't care that it's 3am? I think the meeting time has to be a clue.

jmo
Someone homeless?

Well.....some here are unhappy @ discussing the SD/SB angle - however (& maybe I missed it, threads going so fast!) - I have yet to see anyone who doesn't like that 'angle' to give a theory of their own...
I'd love to see one
A gal, after attending funeral for beloved Grandma, having been gone a weekend, having midterms starting next day arranges to meet up at 3am an unknown male who she is happy to see.....so: ignoring SD angle: what do you think happened?
Aside from ab affair - I'm pretty much a blank as to what could have occurred....

Suppose maybe she just hooked up with a friend (why at the park though, why didn't they pick her up from airport, why not a lyft ride to his house, why not meet at her place??)- something happened, maybe accident, maybe even car accident that hasn't yet been discovered.......

JMO

It’s not confirmed that the person she met was a male. What if the person was a female? And what about a male she knew who was not her SD?

This is heartbreaking for sure. Seems like a big missed opportunity to be able to contribute information to this case. I'm hoping they will be able to identify other cameras in the area that maybe grabbed something.

In the case that the cameras aren't working and we can't validate LYFT driver's account of what happened, I think he should still be considered as a POI

I have known plenty of women who had sugar daddies.
Big deal, heck if I was young enough, I could use one. :p
I have a definite feeling that SLCPD has a good description of the vehicle ML got into, as well as the individual who was waiting for her, IF the lyft driver got a good look at them.
jmo and seriously,
Chi (there's secrets in everyone's closets, including mine)
:eek:.....moo

I'd love to see one

JMO

I don't think it has to be SD necessarily, but I do believe it's a male/love interest. That's the only type of person I would've run off to meet in the middle of the night back and the day - and did several times.

I know there hasn’t* been bank activity since Monday- but has anyone noted if she withdrew any money prior/received money in cash from her parents while home/or from her deceased grandmother?

Just trying to think of alternative options for what may have happened.

EDIT: **so I’m not double posting** I would run out in the middle of the night for a love interest for sure. But I would also do so for a friend in need, or even someone I’m not super close with but know if they had a problem or needed support. She sounds empathetic so I don’t want to rule out that this could only be a love interest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members