Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did LE actually state she met someone who had a car? Is there a possibility that she was dropped off by the Lyft driver who saw a person greet her but there was no car and that’s why they haven’t released a make, model or color?

MacKenzie Lueck: Missing University of Utah Student Met Someone at a Park

Police said she does not have a known boyfriend or significant other and they are not aware of anyone who had made any threats toward her prior to her disappearance. A family source told CBS News’ David Begnaud that Lueck was known to date older men and was “currently dating multiple people” casually. Her family and police have been researching her dating app and dating website profiles.

Assistant Police Chief Tim Doubt said at the press conference on June 24, “Our detectives have been working around the clock on this case and finding MacKenzie is a very high priority for us. A significant portion of our department has been assigned to work the case, we’ve been in contact with our federal, state and local partners. We’ve had regular contact with the Lueck family. Chief Brown has personally talked with the family and offered our commitment to finding MacKenzie. We will continue to work with them or anyone who has information on this case.”

It’s not confirmed that the person she met was a male. What if the person was a female? And what about a male she knew who was not her SD?
OK. Thought it was the Lyft driver not confirmed as male or female.....

Ladd Egan‏Verified account @laddegan
CONFIRMED: Police in North Salt Lake say surveillance cameras at Hatch Park are NOT working. There's no video of when missing 23-yr-old #MackenzieLueck was dropped off at 2:59 a.m. last Monday by a @lyft driver. Police don't know who she was meeting at the park @KSLcom @KSL5TV

D93NkiDU8AAtdoX.jpg

D93NkuRUIAA6F71.jpg

D93NlL5UcAAgxuo.jpg

4:12 PM - 24 Jun 2019 from Hatch Park pst
So Lyft driver could lie about seeing them since no cameras. Hmmm

I know there has been bank activity since Monday- but has anyone noted if she withdrew any money prior/received money in cash from her parents while home/or from her deceased grandmother?

Just trying to think of alternative options for what may have happened.

If this was a planned disappearance/run off I could see her doing this as a thinking ahead measure. However I haven't heard any info from LE about that.

If this was a planned disappearance/run off I could see her doing this as a thinking ahead measure. However I haven't heard any info from LE about that.

Thanks Yellowmoose. And to reiterate everyone else, you are great here but it is clear you are an even better friend. ML is lucky to have you.

I know there has been bank activity since Monday- but has anyone noted if she withdrew any money prior/received money in cash from her parents while home/or from her deceased grandmother?

Just trying to think of alternative options for what may have happened.

EDIT: **so I’m not double posting** I would run out in the middle of the night for a love interest for sure. But I would also do so for a friend in need, or even someone I’m not super close with but know if they had a problem or needed support. She sounds empathetic so I don’t want to rule out that this could only be a love interest.

I thought that there hadn't been any bank account activity....where are you getting this info?

^Exactly!

Who is not acting like himself?
Who is not where he's supposed to be?
Who went on a vacation or business trip that same night?
Who was late for work/super tired on Monday?
Who left in the wee hours of the AM with a lame excuse?
The person could also be missing and that car could be in a lake or river.

Ladd Egan‏Verified account @laddegan
CONFIRMED: Police in North Salt Lake say surveillance cameras at Hatch Park are NOT working. There's no video of when missing 23-yr-old #MackenzieLueck was dropped off at 2:59 a.m. last Monday by a @lyft driver. Police don't know who she was meeting at the park @KSLcom @KSL5TV

D93NkiDU8AAtdoX.jpg

D93NkuRUIAA6F71.jpg

D93NlL5UcAAgxuo.jpg

4:12 PM - 24 Jun 2019 from Hatch Park pst
How far was the airport from this place?

2:50 AM?!?!

How convenient- another missing persons case, and the blasted cameras either aren't working or they are motion sensor cameras that conveniently cut out just as the driver of the car gets out.

What good are these damn cameras?

"Those who know her say they don't think she would up and leave her life that way."
@Nerissa... I'm sure u know ... denial reaction is typical from friends when someone disappears.

I would be shocked if this was a situation where ML disappeared on her own. It really makes no sense IMO. She seems close with family and has good friends - I think she would at least let them know she was getting away for a few days. And then there’s always the media attention. If someone wanted to disappear and saw all the media attention, I have a hard time believing they would not reach out. This reeks of foul play.

I find it super sketch that she was meeting up in a park. Why not just meet outside her house? Seems bizarre to meet someone with luggage in hand? I def feel like she knew this person and had met before. Perhaps a married (Mormon) man with a reputation to uphold who didn’t want her dropped off at his address for a particular reason. Really sorry to say but find the suitcase and you’ll find ML. MOO

Sure, but I think that’s spectacularly unlikely given the known facts here.

She chose the destination, and the driver delivered her to that destination (according to Lyft records).

Kenzie chose to go there, and it makes perfect sense that it was to meet up with someone.

There is nothing unusual about what the driver has to say, and GPS records seem to support the overall account.

Could but that would also require the lyft driver to have known ML was going to ask to go to that location when she request the lyft. Too many variables there to make it match up if LE has seen she put in the drop location on the app.

Hi. I’m new here. I always look to WS when I’m interested in a case and you guys always help think outside the box.
I’m also a local. I’m very familiar with the park she was dropped off at. It is Hatch Park on Center street in NSL. I find a few things interesting about the location. 1. It is directly adjacent to the freeway and in plain view of the interstate. Assuming they used the main parking lot and not the eastern smaller one, then anyone traveling on the interstate northbound could see. 2. Center street in NSL does not have a northbound exit. Only south bound. The Lyft car had to take an indirect route to the park. Most likely via highway 89 through a major intersection that would have traffic cameras. In addition, I feel like whomever she met is either local of NSL or came from the north and that person likely dictated the location.

And just FYI Hatch Park is an easy 10 min drive from her home near liberty park without traffic. She would never use the interstate if she were coming from home but from the airport she would.

Yellowmoose: you are saying that you could believe that she would leave, then....but just not 'spur of the moment'
If that's what you're saying....why do you think she'd 'run off' planned or not?
TIA

no we cannot because (ETA I'm way behind & see now this has already been addressed - my apologies):

MOD NOTE

Lay off Kenzie's friends now or warnings will be issued and you may find yourself on the outside of the thread looking in. Tricia is traveling and she is not in the mood to hear about anyone bashing Kenzie's friends. Unless you have been in their situation, I would think twice about judging their actions and statements. These are young people desperate to find their friend.

Also, a note about power posting. Some members are dominating the discussion in this thread and that violates our TOS. There is no need to respond to every post. Let others talk.

This post falls at random.

Please could anyone give some insight into the demeanor of the young man :20-:25?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member