Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnipped discusses topic that is off limits>
I feel really awful for her parents. It is so easy to get in over you head in your early 20s, even with a wonderful family and a bright mind & kind soul.
We can hope that there were other security cameras in the area at the time that the mystery driver left the park. I really don't understand why LE released the info on the cameras being non-functional. One would think they would keep that information a secret from the mystery driver, unless the cameras actually are functional and they do want him/her to be out and about again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he has said if it's a sedan, suv or truck, old or new. But he doesn't know what make and model (type) of car it was.

I don’t know... time is of the essence. Someone goes missing, an eyewitness saw them get into a car, what legitimate reason would LE have in withholding a description of a suspect or vehicle? Can you think of another scenario where they refused to release details until another person corroborated what may be the ONLY eyewitness?

Unless they don’t 100% believe the Lyft driver’s story.

MOD NOTE

The next member who refers to prostitution or "Johns" is going on a long TO or will be banned. Since quite a few members cannot follow simple rules and have now created a huge mess for the moderators to clean up, effective immediately, there is to be no more sugar daddy/sugar baby/sugar lifestyle talk.

Unless and until LE tells us that the sugar lifestyle has anything to do with Kenzie's disappearance, it's off limits for discussion.

BUMP.

Maybe they met halfway in between?

This is where my thinking is leading... since we don’t know who it is, but whoever it is she’d have to feel comfortable meeting at that time and the location, so it would need to make sense to her to choose the park or agree to go there. Possible a halfway point? Possibly explains why she didn’t leave the airport right away - maybe the person said they’d let her know when they were about 15 minutes away... I can think of plenty of other “maybes” that could make sense too, but definitely thinking something like a halfway point makes most sense right now.

I don’t know... time is of the essence. Someone goes missing, an eyewitness saw them get into a car, what legitimate reason would LE have in withholding a description of a suspect or vehicle? Can you think of another scenario where they refused to release details until another person corroborated what may be the ONLY eyewitness?

It could be a strategic decision.

They might be close to identifying who this person is, and don’t want to tip them off, or escalate things.

Put out information like that, it could turn up the heat, and lead to unintended consequences.

Law enforcement wants to solve this, and there has to be a solid reason behind this decision.

Possibilities, imo (not necessarily in any particular order)

1. Unknown person intended to hurt/kill her and he set her up to be his victim.

2. Something went wrong on accident on their hook-up/date. I'm thinking drug OD, and yes I know there has been no talk whatsoever of her using drugs. I'm thinking she was in a vulnerable position - late at night, after a funeral, stressed about exams, eager to please a date - she might have imbibed even if out of character, and perhaps it went wrong. Date panics and hides her.

3. Unknown person is holding her against her will.

4. They had a car accident and the car has not been discovered yet (but woudn't someone report the unknown person as missing too?)

What else explains her meeting the unknown person and disappearing?

jmo

Trip out of town together, i.e., vacation/cruise, etc., to remote destination.

Escapism d/t mental and emotional stressors. Hiding out somewhere.
Doesn't want to return to work and/or school, but doesn't want to contact LE, either.

JMO.

Wow wow wow. If this is her A) I love her B) she for sure is a free spirit with strong opinions. I’m assuming Utah is not even a medicinally legal state?

We passed medical last fall. It's also a pretty easy drive to certain parts of colorado and then once Wendover opens their dispensary in NV, it will be an even shorter drive from SLC

They want to let the contact know they have a description & are putting them on alert to contact LE or the info is disclosed to all MSM

Whole issue here is you think she works somewhere now that takes plasma donations when she doesn't. She works for a place where drug companies test new drugs on humans to make sure they are safe for the human body now. They can spend months locked up there why she measures the side effects the drugs are having on that person's body. A choice someone decides to do to themselves when they have very limited options for money as it can be so very harmful and cause permanent damage. Just saying she could have met a lot of bad people there that should be looked at especially if they also live in the North Salt Lake Area

On Facebook, Kenzie lists her employer as Grifols. Google them in S/L City, and you get two different facilities.
One of those is a plasma donation center.

Was Kenzie scheduled to work at Grifols , that Monday morning?
(Or did she work a night shift..)

I keep coming back to.... Why? What could be so vital or urgent, to place her at Hatch Park, at 3 AM, on a work/ school night, during midterm exams?
I so hear you. The why is the biggest piece of the puzzle missing. We don't know why or who she met. Conveniently, once again the cameras aren't working (or in some cases, just before the driver gets out of the car, it turns off!), so there's no video of a vehicle or a person she met.

Not one family member or friend knows a thing about why she went there that night, instead of home. I don't care if you're an energetic college student or an old lady- something made this woman meet someone late at night, by herself, with her luggage. She just came back from her grandmother's funeral, had exams to take, a job, and a wedding to go to the following weekend that she missed.

Why?

It doesn't make any sense to me. If she wanted to run away or get away, it makes no sense that she would do this at that hour of night. She has a cat at home- most people don't leave their animals without provisions, but there have been a few that have stranded their pets- she doesn't sound like the kind of person to do this. Going by what her friend has said on here, she sounds like a caring young lady that had a lot going for her.

So again, we ask, Why? After a trip home, getting in late, she texted her Mom who probably assumed she was either already at her residence or on her way. What caused this woman, who should have been tired and emotionally drained from her grandmother's funeral and had an exam to take, went to this park instead?

Why is probably the same question going through all of her loved ones and friends minds. We can't understand why, and it's clear they can't, either.

I don't buy that she went on a date at that hour- not with a cat at home, probably needing food and water, an exam to take, work. I just don't see a date with all that she had going on.

I am wondering if someone texted her while she was on the plane, they wanted to talk or something, told her where to meet them, and from there.........we just don't know the rest.

May have overlooked earlier posting here of details from SLPD website (SLPD.com), general info on disappearance of ML including clothing she was last seen wearing:

Black leggings, white t-shirt (peace sign on shirt).

SLPD doesn’t specify who/how confirmed clothing (airport video, lyft driver, ?).

SLPD.com
Missing Name: Mackenzie Lueck

Date Missing: 2019-17-06

Missing From: Salt Lake City, Utah

Clothing: Black leggings, white t-shirt (peace sign on shirt)

Details: Mackenzie was last known to be at the Salt Lake City International Airport around 1:01 AM. She left the airport in a ride share vehicle and was dropped off at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.

Sex / Race: Female / White / Caucasian

Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Brown

Height / Weight: 5’6″ / 145 lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads