Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Facebook, Kenzie lists her employer as Grifols. Google them in S/L City, and you get two different facilities.
One of those is a plasma donation center.
That's not her current employer. It's been widely reported through many different news sources and on her LinkedIn profile that she has worked for P.R.A Health Sciences since Aug. 2018

I so hear you. The why is the biggest piece of the puzzle missing. We don't know why or who she met. Conveniently, once again the cameras aren't working (or in some cases, just before the driver gets out of the car, it turns off!), so there's no video of a vehicle or a person she met.

Not one family member or friend knows a thing about why she went there that night, instead of home. I don't care if you're an energetic college student or an old lady- something made this woman meet someone late at night, by herself, with her luggage. She just came back from her grandmother's funeral, had exams to take, a job, and a wedding to go to the following weekend that she missed.

Why?

It doesn't make any sense to me. If she wanted to run away or get away, it makes no sense that she would do this at that hour of night. She has a cat at home- most people don't leave their animals without provisions, but there have been a few that have stranded their pets- she doesn't sound like the kind of person to do this. Going by what her friend has said on here, she sounds like a caring young lady that had a lot going for her.

So again, we ask, Why? After a trip home, getting in late, she texted her Mom who probably assumed she was either already at her residence or on her way. What caused this woman, who should have been tired and emotionally drained from her grandmother's funeral and had an exam to take, went to this park instead?

Why is probably the same question going through all of her loved ones and friends minds. We can't understand why, and it's clear they can't, either.

I don't buy that she went on a date at that hour- not with a cat at home, probably needing food and water, an exam to take, work. I just don't see a date with all that she had going on.

I am wondering if someone texted her while she was on the plane, they wanted to talk or something, told her where to meet them, and from there.........we just don't know the rest.
Why did she schedule a flight that would get her into SL at such a late hour before a busy Monday? Did she make any adjustments to her flight arrangements at the last minute? Did she schedule that late flight to coincide with the park rendezvous? Did she make her travel arrangements from her parent's home? Were they within earshot? Any calls re this case come in on her parents phone lines? Was she taking private calls/texts before booking the flight? Just some thoughts

Last edited:
I just read on twitter and saw pictures of hatch park and there are security
cameras there

That's not her current employer. It's been widely reported through many different news sources and on her LinkedIn profile that she has worked for P.R.A Health Sciences since Aug. 2018
So, I wonder why she never changed the employer from Grifols to PRA, on her Facebook profile? That's interesting to me. A phlebotomist, a detail person, who leaves the wrong employer on their social media? It seems out of character.

MOO - in my younger days I used to meet my secret boyfriend in park and ride lots, parks, etc. it was fun and exciting. This is before social media and even cell phones were a thing. I think it is highly possible she was very enthusiastic about meeting this person. It is possible that something unintentionally happened during the meet-up that could have caused her to be incapacitated. If this person was married or a professional with a career at risk, etc. they may be reluctant to come forward. Or, maybe the meet-up person went their own way after their get together and something completely unrelated befell her. I wonder if LE can look at her Lyft history to see if there is a pattern to her drop-off locations. - JMO

IMO this is the most likely scenario given the hour and the time killed at the airport. A planned meet-up she was excited enough about it didn’t matter she had to wait around at an ungodly hour (my guess is he was working, so she waited at the airport and timed Lyft to get her to the park by 2:45 or 3). And probably someone she hadn’t told too many people about for whatever reason. When you really like/miss someone things like sleep tend to not be so important.

I notice plates. I think everyone does. I’m wondering if maybe she bolted and that vehicle was out of state. Maybe the Lyft driver noticed.

Sounds like a lot of pressure. Funerals, weddings (for some just as hard) school, politics that don’t jibe with surroundings as much as other places. I’m not completely ruling out consensual flight.

She’s a free spirit. Sometimes free spirits like to “break the rules” so to speak and break them in public places. Maybe a reason for a park meetup. What happens after is the problem.

Also agree with poster up thread that an auto accident involving both and undiscovered is possibility,( bodies of water, canals, lakes, cliffs). I know of many cases of this.

Whole issue here is you think she works somewhere now that takes plasma donations when she doesn't. She works for a place where drug companies test new drugs on humans to make sure they are safe for the human body now. They can spend months locked up there why she measures the side effects the drugs are having on that person's body. A choice someone decides to do to themselves when they have very limited options for money as it can be so very harmful and cause permanent damage. Just saying she could have met a lot of bad people there that should be looked at especially if they also live in the North Salt Lake Area

I feel like I’m going a little off the deep end with this idea. Could she have learned anything at her job that would make her a target/liability?

May have overlooked earlier posting here of details from SLPD website (SLPD.com), general info on disappearance of ML including clothing she was last seen wearing:

Black leggings, white t-shirt (peace sign on shirt).

SLPD doesn’t specify who/how confirmed clothing (airport video, lyft driver, ?).

SLPD.com
Missing Name: Mackenzie Lueck

Date Missing: 2019-17-06

Missing From: Salt Lake City, Utah

Clothing: Black leggings, white t-shirt (peace sign on shirt)

Details: Mackenzie was last known to be at the Salt Lake City International Airport around 1:01 AM. She left the airport in a ride share vehicle and was dropped off at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.

Sex / Race: Female / White / Caucasian

Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Brown

Height / Weight: 5’6″ / 145 lbs

Thank you! I have been waiting for this info to be released! Her clothing could offer clues, and it may not... Right off the bat, it doesn’t tell a whole lot. But it also is really interesting to note that the info was withheld for so long. Why?

Mackenzie Lueck – SLCPD

I notice plates. I think everyone does. I’m wondering if maybe she bolted and that vehicle was out of state. Maybe the Lyft driver noticed.

Sounds like a lot of pressure. Funerals, weddings (for some just as hard) school, politics that don’t jibe with surroundings as much as other places. I’m not completely ruling out consensual flight.
So glad you mentioned this. The fact that she disappeared just before this wedding could be important.
Weddings can definitely be triggers for some people, depending on 1.who is getting married and 2.who is attending.
The police did not appear to get very involved last week.... until Kenzie didn't show up for the wedding.

So, I wonder why she never changed the employer from Grifols to PRA, on her Facebook profile? That's interesting to me. A phlebotomist, a detail person, who leaves the wrong employer on their social media? It seems out of character.
Not exactly a place everyone is proud to say they are working at I guess. Although the experience she would get there would be great for a future Nurse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members