Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #10 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC the trash was shredded but not yet incinerated. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Here is the news report from inside the MIRA facility to explain what LE is searching. It appears the MIRA staff segregated the trash from the area that LE was interested in searching and that is what the workers have been searching through 12-15 hrs a day for weeks now. It looks to be meticulous and tedious work but everyone appears to be dedicated and focused on the task at hand.
A Look Inside the MIRA Trash Facility, Dulos Search Continues

But he did build and sell a number of houses. What difference does it make if you get a loan from a bank, your father in law or another private investor? Why his business eventually got in trouble, that's another matter.
You ask an interesting question about whether it makes a difference to get a loan from a family member or a bank or private investor. IMO the source of funding can have some bearing on the overall situation as I'm not sure most family loans would be 'arms length' or involve much due diligence that would be part and parcel of private equity investment or typical real esate transaction IMO.

JD father was in the financial world and was no doubt saavy and sophisticated about many things but I wonder how much he knew about residential real estate development in suburban CT or even Hartford area? Would he have questioned putting up a $4-5 million house in Farmington when a local lender might have seen this as a red flag and deep sixed the loan request? IDK but we do know that Fore Group is sitting on a bunch of white elephant houses in Farmington and to sell them will no doubt involve taking healthy haircuts to the selling prices IMO. I wonder if some people would be reluctant to bid at this point at any price on the houses in the portfolio due to the notoriety of the developer? The NC house has been subject to alot of adverse press and I wonder in the slow real estate market how much it could sell for these days? 1/2 of the list perhaps? IDK but given there are so many houses on the market why step up for one tainted by press or that could have been a key location in a murder?

IMO had FD been financed by a typical bank loan it would have been unlikely that he would be sitting on 6 or more unsold properties today as funds to develop new properties would not be forthcoming without prior inventory being reduced/eliminated. Having a FIL self fund the development most likely didn't involve alot of scrutiny and oversight IMO for the most part. We know FIL died in 2017 and the Fore Group property portfolio hasn't shown much change since that time other than the Hemlock Hill property that was discussed in the prior thread. I also think the level of oversight involved in a bank or private equity transaction would have been totally different than the FIL route. I could have seen the FIL funding route to build a track record as a new developer but most serious developers would have moved on to other types of funding IMO over time. So, to me the fact that FD stayed with the FIL financing indicated either a lack of confidence in obtaining outside funding or some other financial game in play that we don't yet fully understand. I hope LE/FBI financial crimes group is looking into the overall Fore Group books and records as we know Family Court was unsuccessful in this regard.

With all due respect, I think FD is overqualified for a project manager position. It may not be a popular opinion but I do not think his actual intelligence is an issue. When people are entrenched in an emotionally charged situation, they can do really dumb things--including exaggerate how much money you can make to in-laws you really want to impress. I certainly have no love for FD, but IMO, he is more than a figurehead.
I agree with you. FD no doubt was smart enough to figure out how to spend the least amount of money possible to create a massive structure and sell it (or try to sell it) for the most money possible IMO. The houses have the appearance of being expensive but aren't of the highest level of construction so his margins most likely were high. You combine the construction cost savings with his nickel and diming people that were foolish enough to sign a contract with Fore Group and there was a good amount of money flowing through the Fore Group. Where the money all went is not certain at this point but its no doubt safe and in the control of FD or perhaps MT?

I was stunned by how low he was willing to go, when he made the “Gone Girl” comment yesterday.

He’s going lower by the day.

Snakes are comfortable down there.
Yes, you are correct! But the NYP article alluded to JD working on an autobiography of sorts. Wonder if we will see this introduced into evidence sooner rather than later? Looks like the GF legal team and friends are sharpening their claws IMO and this NYP scoop could be just the beginning of their campaign to bury FD once and for all!

Snipped by me.

Whoa. I think you might be on to something. I have thought it odd that the kids were going to spend the night in NYC when they were going to spend the holiday weekend with FD on visitation hours. On one hand, it was a short school day so maybe the trip to NYC and back again was no big deal..but on the other hand, it seems sort of a hassle with 5 kids to go to Grandma's apartment for an overnight and then back home for FD to pick up the next day.

I wonder if a safety plan was in action? Had something spooked JD into getting out of CN? And she was right?

I'm not totally sold on this, but will consider it. I got shivers when I read your post about safety plans.

Thinking aloud, pondering with the group, jmo.
My bet is that the safety plan was in action that day as the checkin's from friends had gone unanswered and the nanny was well aware of what was going on and secured the children with the person that could protect them. JD seemed to have a strong friend group around her and no doubt had people checking on her or she would check in with specific people to make sure all was well. JD knew she and her children weren't safe and so she probably created as many ways to check in with outsiders during the day as she could all while trying to not scare the children.

I wish people in Connecticut would start a social media campaign with the judge's email address and phone number so people can ask him to silence the attorneys. Are the judges elected or appointed there?
Totally agree with this point. Why is Pattis permitted to taint the pool in a very small state and the judge does zero to silence the situation? Also, why has the States Atty not filed to gag Pattis? Judges are sadly appointed in CT but the Judge that heard the last bail hearing has more on the ball than many of the judges in his peer group IMO. But I agree that something needs to be done quickly.

I think the more damning thing in the description of the license plates being consistent with was the description of the sticker on the back rear window and the light stain on the front of same Raptor
Agree! The cameras caputured details on the truck and about the people in the truck and I'm also not convinced LE disclosed all that they had from the cameras but rather just enough for purposes of the warrant.

This may not be a popular opinion regarding MT. Paramour and such. My thought was even if MT knew about the crime before the fact she feared for her daughter. I remember those pictures in on the 31st when the house was being searched and they had a warrant and all the pictures showed FD close by MT but she offered her out her hand to the LE guy and my thought at the time was (what if she had a note in her hand?) Estranged husband of missing Connecticut mother-of-five is questioned by police | Daily Mail Online
There is only one time she is alone in those pictures. Jmo. Not trying to help her but look at the pictures! FD was all over her except in one
Yes, agree with you here and we have the statement from the arrest warrant that MT is NOT cooperating with the investigation. I believe that her choice to not assist from the earliest possible time to find JD will cost her extra jail time. The lack of cooperation choice she made then required LE to file for warrants which took possibly 3-4 extra days. The earliest days in a missing case are hugely valuable which FD and MT no doubt knew. And knowing this what did they both do? Wasted time and didn't cooperate. Not the mark of innocents IMO based on watching cases play out many times before this one!

Video surveillance has shown the pair disposing items at 30 different locations along a four-mile stretch and police believe those items are connected with Jennifer Dulos's disappearance.
Snipped - here’s the 4 mile stretch again - one of our sleuthers didn’t think Albany was 4 miles long?
Albany is not 4 miles long and the names of the streets in the Arrest Warrant don't appear to be correct either. Could have been mistakes but it was surprising to see street names incorrectly listed.

Missing Connecticut mom 'wrote a Gone Girl style novel' her estranged husband's lawyer claims | Daily Mail Online
" ...Fotis' lawyer claims Jennifer wrote a 500-page 'Gone Girl' style script years ago"

So, how many years ago ?
When she was in HS ? His lawyer is the lowest of the low.

And I believe that FD may have been involved in the death of his mother...just hinky.
I think Pattis is bringing up the 'old' novel to deflect from whatever is in the 'new autobiography' that was referenced in NYP article. Would think that FD would not be happy about the 'new autobiography' IMO.

From the search warrant, we know Fotis was seen putting doctored license plates (previously issued to his 2007 Chev Suburban) in a storm drain (inside fedex box).

Are there any reports that these doctored plates were seen and/or used on a vehicle?
No, we don't yet know but have been speculating!

How long were the children at NCCS? If just since her move to New Canaan, she would have had no reason to stay in CT once she fled Fd.

I can’t imagine the kids went to NCCS while living in Farmington which is 1 hour 20 mins from New Canaan.

I’m local. No one would ever drive that far for school. There are private schools up near Avon and Farmington just as good.

There are not many gated communities in CT but there are some in Greenwich. Which would have put her closer to NYC. She could have lived in one of the gated communities and the kids went to GCDS instead of the very woodsy New Canaan.

Also, absolutely NOT blaming JD. But no security cameras, not even nest cams .. out in the sticks, it’s kind of creepy with all the woods around you, and it’s quiet and the houses are far apart. You need cameras and alarm .. I wished she would have gone to Greenwich ..
I don't think a gated community would have stopped a determined killer. There just might have been more obstacles in the way to achieving the goal but JD would still have been missing had she lived in Greenwich or even possibly NYC.

We don't know about the camera situation at the rental house but my guess is that cameras did exist. We also don't know if FD planted a hidden camera at the JD residence in order to follow her movements. My guess is that he did something of the sort. We also don't know if FD had any secret means to communicate with the children in order to circumvent the courts orders. Wouldn't be surprised to see any/all of these items discussed in the future as we learn more about the case.

Most of these large homes are built with the better security systems installed in them. I can’t imagine the rental house JD was in not having a security system.

Her mother seemed very aware of the dangers FD posed to JD so I think she would have insisted JD have one installed if there wasn’t one when she moved in. It would only be an asset to the landlord if JD had one installed.

One thing that concerns me is that with FD having visited with the children the prior day, was there any way he could have done something to a door to disengage it from the security system to give him access on the fateful day?

If she had cameras, would there have been one in the garage? I don’t remember.
The house had a security system based on pictures available when the house was for sale. We don't know about cameras being part of the security system but I would be surprised if there were no cameras as many in NC have them as part of their system or separately and backed up to the cloud.

I’ve not seen anything to confirm either way; if she had cameras LE would have someone on video in the garage.

I have a Sams Club system, less than a $1000., no monthly fee and like 16 cameras. I can see completely around my house, inside garage, basement and several point to the street.

These systems are cheep, wireless and easy to install. Living alone with the children to protect, just don’t understand.
There appeared to be a full house security system based on pictures of the rental house posted up thread. We don't know if there were cameras as part of the system.

Albany is not 4 miles long and the names of the streets in the Arrest Warrant don't appear to be correct either. Could have been mistakes but it was surprising to see street names incorrectly listed.
I’ve seen this a couple times and meant to copy the post saying Albany is not 4 miles - it’s up thread- what part is wrong ? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23