UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snelling did drive a light blue older style Ford Focus (think you alluded to this in your blog). There is one on his mother's drive in the 2012 googlemaps and when his house was searched and he was arrested in 2014, it was on the drive and remove for forensics. But you're right, it doesn't explain the odd circuitous route other than he thought a lot of CL and was prepared to go out of his way (using the route suggested) to collect her. This would explain police interest in him, especially if they were steered in his direction.

I worked Thursday to Sunday before moving to Sheffield and clocked that he arranged to give her a lift to work usually on Mondays. As a lab tech it is plausible, but not that plausible, that he started work early on Mondays. If he didn't, perhaps he had an early Monday morning hobby that meant giving Claudia a lift was not as out of his way/gestural as you might first suspect. Otherwise it does suggest he was quite fond of her, he seemed to be......

I worked Thursday to Sunday before moving to Sheffield and clocked that he arranged to give her a lift to work usually on Mondays. As a lab tech it is plausible, but not that plausible, that he started work early on Mondays. If he didn't, perhaps he had an early Monday morning hobby that meant giving Claudia a lift was not as out of his way/gestural as you might first suspect. Otherwise it does suggest he was quite fond of her, he seemed to be......
@moonsafari I know her car was in for repair when she went missing but did she not take her car to work normally or was Monday a morning that preferred a heavy night at the Nags Head and so a lift was a better option ?

Sunday night would often end late when there were visitors from further afield and yes I think it was often the case she didn't feel comfortable driving herself or wanted to sleep in as late as possible so didn't want to walk either.

Perhaps he went in to the Roger Kirk cafe with her and had an early morning fry up before work?

Sunday night would often end late when there were visitors from further afield and yes I think it was often the case she didn't feel comfortable driving herself or wanted to sleep in as late as possible so didn't want to walk either.
@moonsafari We're they regular visitors from further afield? I am currently reviewing all Facebook posts for the last 10 Years. What is interesting is that one of "the group" who doesn't post that frequently, does appear to "sew distracting seeds" These could be to throw people off the scent. I will know more in the next few days as I check the whole FB page out back to its start. I don't know if you have seen all of my posts on this thread but in one of them I mention Google images in 2009 that show a warehouse at foundation stage of building and today is a Travis Perkins warehouse next to a builders merchants near Malton. I would be interested in your view? Personally I don't believe that CL was buried at York University foundations. But could be at another build.

@moonsafari We're they regular visitors from further afield? I am currently reviewing all Facebook posts for the last 10 Years. What is interesting is that one of "the group" who doesn't post that frequently, does appear to "sew distracting seeds" These could be to throw people off the scent. I will know more in the next few days as I check the whole FB page out back to its start. I don't know if you have seen all of my posts on this thread but in one of them I mention Google images in 2009 that show a warehouse at foundation stage of building and today is a Travis Perkins warehouse next to a builders merchants near Malton. I would be interested in your view? Personally I don't believe that CL was buried at York University foundations. But could be at another build.

You mean York Road Industrial Park, Seph Way? I know Ruane's business is/was based out of there. It would be helpful to know everywhere police have searched but I imagine they're keeping schtum. Have to wonder who started all those rumours too.......

Have you joined the Facebook group about Claudia? Look for the post about police sniffer dogs

I joined v recently. I'll take a look but if you have the webpage open/url saved please link/screenshot. What's the jist?

Tha
Terry? Profile: Terry Ruane

More: Taxi driver steps in to help couple tie the knot

I detect there's a degree of covert messaging going on between families/media networks re: Claudia. That said, people play up to this stuff for the thrill of it too.
Thanks @moonsafari Yes Terry. Interesting that on Facebook everyone follows the walk to work kidnap theory and no one is brave enough to suggest a mishap locally. The choice of the second codename for the CL case by Police is quite telling-"Essence" meanings-centre of or Nub....

I joined v recently. I'll take a look but if you have the webpage open/url saved please link/screenshot. What's the jist?

So what is your theory of the case? (if you have one?)

I loved your blog BTW

It was that piece of writing got me interested - a fantastic long form piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie