Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m afraid this person at Hatch Park knows where she is and there’s a reason they have yet to come forward - hoping someone saw something and the family gets some answers - just think if the park had working cameras? Would that help at this point? Hope they fix that and soon JMO

Hi from Australia!

One of the new accounts she follows is someone from CA. Likely to be people she connected with at the funeral IMO.
She doesn’t post much on her public account (18 posts in 5 years ) but does have over 1000 followers compared to 220 follows and 14 posts on her private. This is quite reserved usage of Instagram, I wonder if she mainly used the DM feature or just wasn’t very active on Insta.

Not sure if this has been posted since I haven't read back, but it's the first time I've seen (in writing) what I've bolded below:

After Lueck arrived in Salt Lake City early last week, officials added, she took a Lyft from the airport to a park about 20 minutes away. There, the 23-year-old reportedly met an unknown individual who welcomed her into his car. She put her bag in the person's car and left with them, and she hasn't been heard from since.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mackenzie-lueck-new-details-of-university-of-utah-students-disappearance-emerge/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+CBSNewsEarlyShow+(The+Early+Show:+CBSNews.com)

Last edited:
I noticed the same. So the lyft driver obviously saw the other car she was getting into enough he could give a general description of it. Did she put her luggage in the back seat or trunk? Was it a sports car or sedan or truck? I'm wondering if it was a high end car or not. (Mercedes or Ford kinda thing)
I don't see her getting into a family van or something. jmo
ETA
Oh! And the lyft driver saw her leave with the other car? He stayed that long? To see them leave?

Last edited:
What a great question! And....did the lyft driver overhear anything? If so, what?
I think is going to be the key.

She obviously knew the person she met and I think it is safe to say they pre-arranged this meeting via her phone.

All of this will be evident on her phone.

If she was communicating, as people her age often do, via alternatives to text like Snapchat, Finsta accounts, Tinder, VSCO etc... it could take LE much longer to find this person she met. The FBI may need to help local LE navigate the big SM companies.

When LE gets the cell data my guess is the case will move very quickly.

So, the Lyft driver was the last KNOWN person to see KL? Is there any evidence KL DID meet up with another person (apart from LYFT driver's testimony)? Not trying to cast aspersions on the driver, just trying to go on what is actually known so far.

Tiffany Justice‏ @KUTVTiffany

Did MacKenzie Lueck file any police reports before her disappearance? @slcpd could be letting us know about this today. @KUTV2News

D96CVEUUEAAQZpQ.jpg

Tiffany Justice on Twitter

I noticed the same. So the lyft driver obviously saw the other car she was getting into enough he could give a general description of it. Did she put her luggage in the back seat or trunk? Was it a sports car or sedan or truck? I'm wondering if it was a high end car or not. (Mercedes or Ford kinda thing)
I don't see her getting into a family van or something. jmo
ETA
Oh! And the lyft driver saw her leave with the other car? He stayed that long? To see them leave?
From yesterday's press conference, at about the 12-minute mark:

Reporter: Can you say, did the Lyft driver watch her get into the car, or make contact with the person or did she just say, "Oh, that's my ride."

AC Doubt: They did make contact.

Reporter: With the person in the car?

AC Doubt: Yes.

Reporter: And then they see him get in the car and drive off?

AC Doubt: I'm not sure if they actually got in the car or not.

So, the Lyft driver was the last KNOWN person to see KL? Is there any evidence KL DID meet up with another person (apart from LYFT driver's testimony)? Not trying to cast aspersions on the driver, just trying to go on what is actually known so far.
Well, from his story, which has been cleared, her luggage was placed into another car and she drove off with that driver. The lyft driver is not a suspect. So, imo the last person to have seen her is the driver of the car that was awaiting her at the park.

Upstream, a poster indicated helicopters supposedly were searching the area where ML was last seen.

Any updates on this?
Likely were news helicopters but helicopters should be used in the search. With night condition, a helicopter spotlight can break through the water and make brightly colored or painted things like cars and clothing show up easier from a high angle. Low angle lighting from searchers wouldn't be very beneficial as it will reflect and bounce off the surface. Divers should search nearby areas anyway.

May have overlooked earlier posting here of details from SLPD website (SLPD.com), general info on disappearance of ML including clothing she was last seen wearing:

Black leggings, white t-shirt (peace sign on shirt).

SLPD doesn’t specify who/how confirmed clothing (airport video, lyft driver, ?).

SLPD.com
Missing Name: Mackenzie Lueck

Date Missing: 2019-17-06

Missing From: Salt Lake City, Utah

Clothing: Black leggings, white t-shirt (peace sign on shirt)

Details: Mackenzie was last known to be at the Salt Lake City International Airport around 1:01 AM. She left the airport in a ride share vehicle and was dropped off at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.

Sex / Race: Female / White / Caucasian

Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Brown

Height / Weight: 5’6″ / 145 lbs

Does anyone else think she looks like she weighs 145lbs? In recent photos, she looks about 120-125 to me, so I'm wondering if they got that info from her DL.

She definitely has lost weight, to me some of the photos of her I've had to look at twice because she doesn't look the same. I did see the post about "revenge diet" and the photo - big difference. Wondering about when this happened? I love her outfit shots on insta, she has a very cute style!

I’m afraid this person at Hatch Park knows where she is and there’s a reason they have yet to come forward - hoping someone saw something and the family gets some answers - just think if the park had working cameras? Would that help at this point? Hope they fix that and soon JMO

I can’t help but think that the person knew the park’s cameras weren’t working :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell