Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenzie was casually dating so she wasn't afraid to meet up with "strangers" I guess you could call them off of dating apps/sites but that is pretty common for college kids and not at all out of the ordinary. But I doubt she would be willing to meet someone she didn't know at that hour of the evening. It does make me lean toward she already knows this person or thought she did.

HI! New member here :)

I just tried to catch up on all 3 threads and what has been discussed, but I did skip some pages so forgive me if this has been said already.

My thoughts on the drop-off location...

Meeting in a park at 3 am is strange for several reasons. ML went from one ride to another. What was the reason the car that picked her up at the park couldn't drive to the airport to get her? Meeting in a dark park that early is a weird place to meet up regardless of whether you know the person or not, but maybe there are reasonable explanations for the odd drop off location. I will make the assumption the person knew ML was getting a ride from somewhere else and therefore knew that there would be a witness that would see them picking ML up so that makes me think that if they had bad intentions to start, they would not want a witness seeing ML getting into there car. Also, the fact of the signs stating the park is under video surveillance whether they worked or not. I just think if this unknown person had bad intentions from the start picking ML up that would have thought more about video cameras at the park and the witness of the LYFT driver. That could mean that whatever happened after or was said between them after ML got into the car is what potentially made this go south. I know others have speculated that she could have been pregnant or other theories which would make sense that this park pick up didn't start out nefarious but potentially turned that way after due to circumstances.

I am hoping for some updates today!

I am pondering this as well. For me it is really strange to think that the Lyft driver didn't get a decent look at the vehicle. But it makes me wonder if SLCPD knows a little bit more and is trying to build a case while trying to keep the public in the loop.

Yeah, we don't really know what the driver saw yet, except ML meeting someone she seemed happy to see, making contact with this person, and transferring her bag from Lyft to person's car. We haven't received a description of the person or the car yet - doesn't mean LE doesn't have that info, just not releasing it. Just like they didn't release the park location for days, have never released a description of her luggage.

I apologize if this has already been posted before, but I haven’t been able to find it when I’ve gone through each thread:

Which airport did she land at in SLC? Whereabout is her home located? I would like to triangulate the airport, Hatch Park, and area where she lived to get a better sense of the geography.

I.e., was the Park in the opposite direction from her home? Or was the Park a midway point between the airport and ML’s home?

I think this one is what I posted last night.
upload_2019-6-25_9-29-22.png

Google Street view shows the area around Hatch Park has lots of traffic cameras as does the nearby highways. LE won't have a hard time finding the vehicle. Just need time to go through all that video. Hopefully whoever picked her up at the park comes forward soon because there is almost zero chance they won't be identified through phone records and their vehicle unless the vehicle was stolen beforehand.

I think most traffic cameras are still real time only. And poor quality I'm hoping for recording ones with good quality footage..

One thing about the location drop-off choice in this case: Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City, UT.

This is just a theory, but if you are meeting someone that you know at a park at 3 am, I think it would be because you are unsure of the right address, but have a general idea of where that person lives. So maybe the person on the phone says they live behind Hatch Park or something like that and offers to meet them at the park and take them the rest of the way. Or they live in a gated community or complex nearby.

So I would theorize that the location she ultimately went to was very close to Hatch Park, but complex in terms how someone would describe getting there at 3 am in the morning. Hopefully she is found safe. Whoever she went with must have been very confident she did not tell anyone else where she was going. It will be interesting to see how this missing persons case turns out.
The Gated Community or even a gated office building is an excellent plausible theory.

HI! New member here :)

I will make the assumption the person knew ML was getting a ride from somewhere else and therefore knew that there would be a witness that would see them picking ML up so that makes me think that if they had bad intentions to start, they would not want a witness seeing ML getting into there car. Also, the fact of the signs stating the park is under video surveillance whether they worked or not. I just think if this unknown person had bad intentions from the start picking ML up that would have thought more about video cameras at the park and the witness of the LYFT driver.

I am hoping for some updates today!

I agree with this. The person who picked her up wasn't initially trying to hide, maybe keep a low profile, but not hide.

I also checked last night, there were not any cameras I could see at the nearest major light/intersection next to Hatch Park. So I'm hoping they were potentially able to get them somewhere down the line based on where they went.

Have to admit, my overall hunch is that ML was lured into something that was beyond what she would agree to - that the unknown person had nefarious intentions from the start. My hunch is that a tragic accident didn't happen, but a purposeful, harmful act.

I'm considering other options, too, but I'm thinking she was noticed by a stranger online and lured. If this were someone she knew, I don't think that person would harm her but would want to keep an arrangement with this beautiful young woman going. A stranger would be more willing to use her once, for something specific. Total speculation.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more. I could be way off base.

I think this one is what I posted last night.
View attachment 190513

TYVM! So, it appears that each location (airport, park, ML’s home) are all about 20-something minutes from each other, and the Park is basically NNW (north northwest) directionally from her home.

I would theorize that whoever she was meeting potentially lived even further north of Hatch Park, and the Park was perhaps a halfway point between ML’s home and the meet-up person’s home. MOO

I also checked last night, there were not any cameras I could see at the nearest major light/intersection next to Hatch Park. So I'm hoping they were potentially able to get them somewhere down the line based on where they went.
I've been looking at the area online on google maps and there are possibilities of cameras around. You didn't see any though, in person?

jmo

Sorry she's still missing @yellowmoose.
So hoping today's the day.
Each day that passes worries us more.
I keep hope until there's definitive proof to the contrary.
MacKenzie if you can see this please let someone know you're ok.
And if you come back, they'll be no right to judge you.
Chi

Goodmorning WS! Hoping for some good news today. As each day goes by, I get more and more nervous that this isn't a voluntary missing persons case. With that being said- what are your current theories?
Good morning!
Unfortunately, I think the person she met at the park is responsible for her disappearance. They lured her there with evil intent. It’s possible that she is being held captive, but I fear worse. Less likely, but slightly possible in my mind: this is drug related or suicide.

Some other random thoughts: All My Opinion Only.
-Her social media presence and comments from friends make her appear to be more together and worldly than she actually is. In reality, she is young and rather naive.
-She appears to have a lot of acquaintances, but does anyone really know her? Does she have that one person that knows her completely? That she shares everything with?
-I don’t think friends are covering for her in any way.
-The “she likes to date older men” is recent, (past few months) something she is exploring since the breakup with her boyfriend of a year. He does not appear to be that much “older”.
-Her phone records should give investigators a lot of info they need, but there is a strong possibility that she also had a burner phone that no one knows about.
-Law enforcement knows a lot more than they are letting on, and are careful with every word they use when speaking to the public. Their pleas to Kenzie to contact them, are just a ploy to put the perpetrator at ease.
-I wonder if there is something in her past, something emotional, that makes her particularly vulnerable.
-The Lyft driver did not have anything to do with her disappearance.

Last edited:
This is an interesting question:
Tiffany Justice on Twitter
Did MacKenzie Lueck file any police reports before her disappearance? @slcpd could be letting us know about this today. @KUTV2News
I wonder what this is all about? Anyone else (local media or other) mention anything about a police report she may have filed before her disappearance? It’s seems like a strange thing to tease unless they have a tip or an actual basis to bring it up.
A reporter asked in yesterday's press conference if there were any prior police reports (a commonly asked question in missing person cases) and AC Doubt didn't know. IIRC, he said he'd find out. That's it, that's all... :)
Why has LE released description of what she was wearing in the airport, but no description or BOLO on the vehicle she got into at Hatch Park??????

What profession would a potential suspect have that would not be out of place with a 3:00am meeting?
AC Doubt explained in the press conference yesterday that they want to confirm the vehicle description before releasing it.

I encourage anyone who hasn't watched the press conference to do so. It's only about 10 minutes long.

Welcome to Websleuths, @PixieStix! :)

There is an interesting Like on her FB page for a page that did what sounds like parties for Eyes Wide Shut situations. Not sure if I'm allowed to link that page here, but I thought I would point it out. Maybe she was going to that type of party and things got out of hand.

The person she met could have been on break from their shift work and there wasn't time for a more formal meeting location. jmo
I totally agree with this! Someone mentioned a bartender or bouncer - 3am is pretty specific, especially since she spent a good deal of time at the airport before scheduling her Lyft. She wore leggings and a t-shirt, which to me signifies a level of comfort with whoever she was meeting. On the other hand, LE didn’t elaborate on whether or not the person she met actually got out of his/her car to help ML with her bag(s) and greet/hug her. If he/she didn’t, I feel like that maybe means they were acquainted but not close. I hope they release more information about the driver and his/her car very soon. This is all just moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member