The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh... but ;)
This increase is only specifically for the renovation work (& hiring of the invading, plague carrying, mouse-like-looking RAT infestation Ratatouille-Resistance-Fighters Extermination Squad :confused:) at Bucks Palace.

It's a lump sum to help pay the £4million<?costs in restoration of the nation's Royal Palace.

It's NOT going to, or paying for, Meghan, Kate, Queen or Corgi to indulge in expensive shopping sprees :D

I think Her Majesty needs to get a cat or several of them to solve the mice/rat crisis.

I think Her Majesty needs to get a cat or several of them to solve the mice/rat crisis.

Cats who live a life of luxury are nit interested in rodents. And a cat is no match for a rat.

There is no such thing as a few mice or rats. I bet there are thousands.

I hope they find a solution, Rodents carry much disease

I don't know about the shower curtain, and I don't think of myself as an old lady, but I like the dress :)

DH and I are celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary today :)

I like Kate’s dress, too. It’s very feminine and that’s a look she wears well.

Oh my, happy anniversary BDE! That’s wonderful.

View attachment 190522

Kate Middleton looked a picture of happiness this afternoon as it was revealed the Queen has handed over a special role.

The Duchess of Cambridge has been announced as the new Patron of The Royal Photographic Society - a position Her Majesty, 93, has held for the past 67 years.

Kate Middleton beams as Queen hands over special duty she's had for 67 years

I don’t like this outfit the style and print it looks like a 1980s old ladies shower curtain.

I really like that dress, she looks great in it. Interesting how tastes vary.

View attachment 190426

James Middleton admits he 'finally feels like himself' again after a bout of 'crippling' depression - and reveals he suspects he suffers from attention deficit disorder

James Middleton reveals he 'feels like himself' again after a bout of 'crippling' depression | Daily Mail Online

Good for him for opening up about mental health. Not easy to do. This guy is not only handsome, but he has nine dogs. I love that.

Well, poor guy, that's awful. Some people are born with genes that cause them problems with their brain "chemistry". And yes, it can be part of Attention Deficit Disorder. We have a lot of ADD in our family. I see it as more of a blessing than a problem, except for the depression that can come with it. ADD people are actually very intelligent and high functioning. ADD is really less of a deficit in the ability to pay attention than it is the ability to observe and process many things at the same time, much more than the average person.

Glad to hear he's feeling better. He's such a handsome fellow and always seems a gentleman. I wish him luck.

Cats who live a life of luxury are nit interested in rodents. And a cat is no match for a rat.

Mice don’t stand a chance in my house with my indoor cats living the life of luxury.

Not sure about the rat theory as cats can take out squirrels and rabbits easily.

Just the presence of a predator is often a deterrent. I think of the eradication of pigeons at Trafalgar. They brought in the hawks and vacuumed up left over seed every day. And it worked.

Poison is so problematic for wildlife that scavenges, and gets poisoned, or dogs that scavenge, and dying rodents stuck in walls, etc. This issue seems like it was unearthed because of the renovation activity.

They do tend to concentrate around food areas. So, it may be more contained than is being reported.

Last edited:
Mice don’t stand a chance in my house with my indoor cats living the life of luxury.

Not sure about the rat theory as cats can take out squirrels and rabbits easily.

Just the presence of a predator is often a deterrent. I think of the eradication of pigeons at Trafalgar. They brought in the hawks and vacuumed up left over seed every day. And it worked.

Poison is so problematic for wildlife that scavenges, and gets poisoned, or dogs that scavenge, and dying rodents stuck in walls, etc. This issue seems like it was unearthed because of the renovation activity.

They do tend to concentrate around food areas. So, it may be more contained than is being reported.

Agree about the poison, it's a band-aid. Best thing is to find and seal up all the places where they're getting in. That's a monumental task at a place like Buckingham Palace.

Ahh... but ;)
This increase is only specifically for the renovation work (& hiring of the invading, plague carrying, mouse-like-looking RAT infestation Ratatouille-Resistance-Fighters Extermination Squad :confused:) at Bucks Palace.

It's a lump sum to help pay the
<?costs in restoration of the nation's Royal Palace.

It's NOT going to, or paying for, Meghan, Kate, Queen or Corgi to indulge in expensive shopping sprees :D
:confused: Duh ^ Should be £400million
obviously the Royal family could probably manage to scrape together £4m themselves

tenor.gif

Thanks for the anniversary wishes :) A colleague of DH sent him an ecard that I tried to post above. Copy/paste doesn't work, so here's what the greeting says:

48 Years
576 months
2,504 weeks
17, 531 days
25,245,570 minutes
1,514,739,000 seconds

Thanks for the anniversary wishes :) A colleague of DH sent him an ecard that I tried to post above. Copy/paste doesn't work, so here's what the greeting says:

48 Years
576 months
2,504 weeks
17, 531 days
25,245,570 minutes
1,514,739,000 seconds

Happy 48th Anniversary to you and your husband BetteDavisEyes I hope you are both having a lovely day.

My cat Winston has only brought one mouse in from the garden in the 8 & 1/2 years I have had him he was playing with it and I got a terrible shock. Other cats in my family bring mice in all the time so it really varies. Hopefully Her Majesty will get the problem sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater