Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the opposite. I think her weight WAS 145 and she lost weight.

I remember seeing some hashtags on her IG, of #145. There were others that were using the same hashtag and I think it meant they were down from that previous weight of #145 to a lower weight.

JMO

BBM

LE does have that info. It has not been released yet:

"We have not yet confirmed the make and model of the car or the description of the person, but may release further details once we have verified that information,”

MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

And when they release it they will have verified it, I hope someone is very nervous right now. As @MassGuy said LE may be giving him time to come forward before his life blows up. jmo

I don't think we can really gauge how well she knew or didn't know the person based on the very little info we have at this point. When I was in my 20s (I'm 39 this week) I met tons of people online. At first I was extremely skeptical and guarded, after all, this was the early 2000's and people thought meeting people over the internet was weird in general. However, after meeting a handful of people, I let my guard down more and more. It got to the point where the majority of my friends were people I had connected with online. If Kenzie has been making connections online for a while, she very well might have had her guard down too.

As far as the Lyft driver getting a good look at the person she met - I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Kenzie chose the location to be dropped, she (most likely) had someone there waiting for her that she appeared to be happy to see - why would any of this cause alarm for the driver? He was probably preoccupied with getting to his next call. At best I would think he got a glimpse of the car, but could barely recall any specifics regarding the car/driver days later.

Hopefully the police have found surveillance of the car in question and will be releasing it this afternoon.

I hope she explained to the driver why they were meeting at the park, hopefully she's a chatty kind of rider that shared a lot on that drive.

I doubt it. She was meeting someone at a park in the middle of the night. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't have some serious questions about what was going on. That's not a normal thing to do.

I've wondered about why she didn't ask someone to come get her. A lot of her friends live in the SLC area so it really wouldn't be out the way and I know plenty of people would have (myself included) gone to get her. My thoughts are either someone who was supposed to pick her up bailed, she didn't want to inconvenience her friends at 1 am, or she had planned to meet up this person anyway and knew she didn't need one. I think Kenzie tends to be overly trusting sometimes. She looks for the best in everyone and is very positive. I think this outlook applies to dating and she might not be as careful as one would hope. But I don't think she would be reckless enough to meet a stranger at a park at 3 a.m. I think it's someone she knows or feels comfortable with. But I know she likes to be independent and fiery as well. She is willing to take risks too. But I don't think she is reckless.

My son, who knew her in high school, described her as "naive and ditzy," but he hasn't seen her for five years.

In the grand scheme of things, the airport video will tell us nothing really. Except what her luggage looks like. We now know what she was wearing. To me anyways, the airport video is a nothing burger.

I think the airport video will show us what she potentially changed into from her black leggings and white peace t-shirt. It is my opinion that she didn't wear that to meet our mystery person.

It will also show if she was on her phone and how she was responding while on the phone.
Could be insightful if those were the last of her hours, IMO.

It is interesting to me why he wouldn't go pick her up at the airport. These are some good theories. It does make me wonder if he knew the amount of cameras that are at the airport and that's why he wouldn't get her there. But it being a last minute thing, maybe he didn't have time to get all the way down there and she suggested let's just meet here instead.
Could it be an ex boyfriend who all her circle of friends knows is married now, in another relationship. Couldn,t risk being seen.

I've wondered about why she didn't ask someone to come get her. A lot of her friends live in the SLC area so it really wouldn't be out the way and I know plenty of people would have (myself included) gone to get her. My thoughts are either someone who was supposed to pick her up bailed, she didn't want to inconvenience her friends at 1 am, or she had planned to meet up this person anyway and knew she didn't need one. I think Kenzie tends to be overly trusting sometimes. She looks for the best in everyone and is very positive. I think this outlook applies to dating and she might not be as careful as one would hope. But I don't think she would be reckless enough to meet a stranger at a park at 3 a.m. I think it's someone she knows or feels comfortable with. But I know she likes to be independent and fiery as well. She is willing to take risks too. But I don't think she is reckless.

She did meet someone at a park in the middle of the night rather than go home, so she took a risk. In this case, that risk led to her disappearance. Risky behavior means a higher probability that something could go wrong, but it is exciting when it doesn't.

If this is someone that she knows and is comfortable with, why didn't they meet at her house, the other person's house, a public restaurant? There's a reason that she met this person at an isolated location in the middle of the night, and nothing about it says "friends that know each other" or that everything is on the level.

Tiffany Justice‏ @KUTVTiffany

Did MacKenzie Lueck file any police reports before her disappearance? @slcpd could be letting us know about this today. @KUTV2News

D96CVEUUEAAQZpQ.jpg

Tiffany Justice on Twitter
Has anyone searched this yet?

A reporter asked in yesterday's press conference if there were any prior police reports (a commonly asked question in missing person cases) and AC Doubt didn't know. IIRC, he said he'd find out. That's it, that's all... :)

AC Doubt explained in the press conference yesterday that they want to confirm the vehicle description before releasing it.

I encourage anyone who hasn't watched the press conference to do so. It's only about 10 minutes long.

Welcome to Websleuths, @PixieStix! :)
I bolded my concern here... how could they not know this already? Seems incompetent not to look for a vpo?
In the grand scheme of things, the airport video will tell us nothing really. Except what her luggage looks like. We now know what she was wearing. To me anyways, the airport video is a nothing burger.
Unless she left with someone, or appeared drunk?

Just a quick fact for eveyone: The cameras at Utah stoplights and on the freeway do NOT record. They are live view only.
Any business near the route that might have video?
My wife is going to find it odd if she looks into why I am searching LDS dating profiles.
I think I read on this forum about her being on a site like that maybe from the VI. Anyway, this is a good find. Thanks for the article.
Oh boy, my search history... yikes as well.

Do you believe the novababy96 insta profile is hers?
absolutely

When was her midterm? I'm wondering if she contacted the instructor ahead of time and let them know she would not be in attendance due to her grandmother's death? That would be one less stressor for that week.

If she knew that she didn't HAVE to be back, perhaps she is taking a break with a friend. Unfortunately, I don't believe this is what is happening , but I am trying to remain optimistic.
i’d really like to know the exam question too.

Well, that's a good question--I'm assuming the answer is yes because why else would it be asked?

Oh, I don't know....To grab headlines, maybe?

Never underestimate the media's appetite for sensationalizing a story.

This story is sensational enough: it doesn't require any titillating, bombastic flourishes by MSM.

JMO.

Last edited:
I feel like the fact the person in question didn't want to pick KL at the airport says a lot. He didn't want to be seen in public. Someone would have more than likely recognized him/ he didn't want to be seen with a younger woman. There's no other reason. I'm thinking it's possible this is an older man, married. When I was on SD apps many of the men that messaged me were married. They said no meeting in public places or at his home, it had to either be at my place or somewhere like a hotel.

I think the airport video will show us what she potentially changed into from her black leggings and white peace t-shirt. It is my opinion that she didn't wear that to meet our mystery person.

It will also show if she was on her phone and how she was responding while on the phone.
Could be insightful if those were the last of her hours, IMO.

You could be right. I hope the video reveals a lot. IMO though, the video us more about appeasing the media and public curiosity. Give us something, without giving anything away.

KJZZ14 News just did a story on their broadcast that SLCPD has surveillance video of ML and to expect a update on the case later this morning or early afternoon.
Excellent news!

I'm wondering if this surveillance footage is from the airport or from around Hatch Park.
Guessing it's the former, but any footage of her from that night is helpful.

LE is releasing the info they're able to without compromising their investigation,
and they've said they'll keep the public updated on their progress.
I think that they'll provide fairly regular case updates right now, as the case is extremely fluid.
New developments are hopefully occurring as they gather more information, tips, etc.

I think as soon as we see a sudden flurry of activity coming from them, that will be the sign that they've secured the info r/t her digital footprints.

Things will happen very quickly once LE's gotten hold of and analyzed all that electronic data.

This case is solvable.
LE will definitely find out what's happened here.
It's not a question of "if," it's only a question of "when."

Hopefully, today brings more clarity, more answers, and progress toward locating ML.

JMO.

Last edited:
Had she recently started a new diet or workout? Or could the weight loss possibly come from drugs?

Kenzie is pretty healthy. She does workout and she was aware of her weight and I think she had some weight loss goals. In my opinion she’s very thin. But she’s decently athletic/built as well.

Thank you! Great insights and very well said. She does seem like a very upbeat, positive person and smart enough to not be reckless. That’s why this 3:00 am meetup seems so strange. If someone was supposed to pick her up, but bailed, I think we would have heard about it. Unless it was the person she met in the park that was supposed pick her up at the airport, but plans changed.

It certainly has some markers that would appear as though it is hers. She has it linked to her public page which makes me think so. It also makes me think Kenzie wasn't going to great lengths to "hide" another life/lifestyle. I can't confirm for sure.

Wondering why you don't consider her reckless. Have you seen the hashtags she used on this IG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304