Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my thought too. If you were that person and had no intention of harming Kenzie, wouldn't you have reached out to LE?

Only thing I can think of is IF this person has nothing to do with ML being missing (read: she goes hangs out and leaves and THEN goes missing) the only reason they wouldn’t come forward is if they have a lot to lose by being with her at all.

Maybe married? Maybe political position? Not a lot of variation in what would make someone not come forward beyond status.

Other option, this person HAS come forward and we simply don’t know that yet.

moo

I’m not sure if this has been asked/mentioned yet.

Might she have eaten something at the airport? Would the airport food vendors/restaurants be open that late? What about bars in the airport? Would regulations allow for them to serve alcohol that late?
It's so much regulation but customers. The last flight out of Salt Lake City leaves before midnight, and there are few flights departing between 10 and midnight. People landing rarely stop and eat or have a drink - they want to get away from the airport and to their home or hotel as soon as possible. For that reason, most airport restaurants close up much earlier than restaurants/bars in the city. At Salt Lake International all of the food establishments (including those that serve alcohol) are closed between 9:30 PM and midnight. They would have been closed when she landed.

What do you mean?
Maybe that he could be in danger from the perpetrator? If he gives too much info?
I don't think he would be, though. If whoever picked her up hurt her in some way, I would think he would be doing everything possible to remain discreet and cover up his actions. He's not going to take any risks. Imo

This is pretty accurate. As a Uber/Lyft driver, I can say that you do see the passenger's name, but only the first name, no picture. When they request a ride, you have a few seconds to accept, and it only displays their rating, first name and time/distance to their pickup point.

They know the passenger's first name, but that's right, only the passenger can edit their destination or add stops. The driver does not know where the passenger is going at all until they are in the vehicle and they swipe to start the ride.

(A driver was telling me very recently that now Lyft can see how far the passenger is going before they accept the ride? Maybe it was Uber, I can’t remember. I did ask another driver about this but he said that was news to him, but that he had not updated his app.

ETA: For those not experienced in rideshare apps, the driver, when he/she gets your call, does not know where you are going until they pick you up)

We are allowed to post the victim's public facebook page only, is my understanding. ......I can be wrong....... I sure would like to know if WS is now allowing us to post all these other SM sites now ?????
I

Smh. People post victims ig and Twitter almost every thread. Venmo is no different. Stop looking for a problem. My god

The Lyft drive from the airport to the park took 17 minutes.

Why did the person she was meeting not just pick her up at SLC? If we go with the reason that the person did not want to be seen on any cameras at the airport, then the outcome is not a good one. Because IMO if the person was married, for example, why would he think that airport footage would be pulled for review based on an affair?

If, on the other hand, someone was planning to harm her, THEN they would have a reason to not show up on those airport cameras.

I am hoping this is voluntary but I am very concerned it is not. So much sketchiness.

Ch*se Gri*wold (on VENMO)...seems to do a lot of business...??? jmo
MOD NOTE

The venmo account seems to be open to the public to view. I don't have a venmo account and I can see it. This doesn't seem different from posting a link to Kenzie's public instagram or FB pages. There are going to be names on those pages of people who are not Kenzie.

Common sense should tell everyone that we are not going to publicly sleuth the person to whom Kenzie made payments on venmo unless LE tells us that person is a person of interest or a suspect.

As always, you may privately sleuth and privately discuss anything you want. Just don't mention it here on the open thread.

Do NOT discuss moderation on the thread. That results in an automatic TO. If you have a question about moderation, please message any moderator and patiently wait for a response. Alert on the post if you need to.

Not POI...

That's my thought too. If you were that person and had no intention of harming Kenzie, wouldn't you have reached out to LE?
Unless maybe you dropped her off in front of her apartment and drove away. She never made it inside and you can't prove you did drop her off. For me that would be a hard call.

I doubt it. She was meeting someone at a park in the middle of the night. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't have some serious questions about what was going on. That's not a normal thing to do.
I tend to believe that the Lyft driver noted the color (or tone) and general model of car and LE is withholding that info. from the general public.

(A driver was telling me very recently that now Lyft can see how far the passenger is going before they accept the ride? Maybe it was Uber, I can’t remember. I did ask another driver about this but he said that was news to him, but that he had not updated his app.

ETA: For those not experienced in rideshare apps, the driver, when he/she gets your call, does not know where you are going until they pick you up)
This might be for Uber platinum or pro or something. I can't say for certain, but Uber has a perk for drivers who have a very high number of rides with a certain threshold of ratings, acceptances/cancellations. I think that might be one of the perks, but I'm not sure as most "regular" drivers don't get that status.

The Lyft drive from the airport to the park took 17 minutes.

Why did the person she was meeting not just pick her up at SLC? If we go with the reason that the person did not want to be seen on any cameras at the airport, then the outcome is not a good one. Because IMO if the person was married, for example, why would he think that airport footage would be pulled for review based on an affair?

If, on the other hand, someone was planning to harm her, THEN they would have a reason to not show up on those airport cameras.

I am hoping this is voluntary but I am very concerned it is not. So much sketchiness.

Maybe the person she met only had a short period of time to spend with ML. Driving to the airport might have taken up more time than he/she had. MOO

I don't believe we can make the drugs/no drugs assumption. We don't know ML.
A full time college senior, who is also holding down a job, that's a whole lot of pressure and a busy schedule.
She could be using something, to help her stay awake.
My daughter did this for awhile; some of her friends did as well.
It's something that high achievers seem to do.
Not saying ML does ....but it's certainly possible.

(Gosh, back in my day people took “bronchidilators” aka “Vivarin” that they sell at gas stations and truck stops to help stay awake to study...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member