Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just starting in following this missing MacKenzie. One question. Won't they be able to recover phone records to see who she was talking to after her flight landed. That should be a huge help. Of course she's an adult and there is that privacy problem for police getting phone records.

The accompanying emoji indicates computer money. Likely she is making payments on a laptop to this person
I'm curious. Is this how people are paying money owed to private individuals? If it is payments of some kind why not use online banking?

Spending a bit of time at the airport could mean she was having a discussion with the guy on a call after she had texted her mother. Then she, they or he decided to meet in person. If this is true, then this guy was really the first person she called after landing... The Lyft driver may not have picked up (no pun) on any nuances in her mood when she met the POI. They could have been hashing out a pretty serious issue, without her seeming to be distressed. Her mood could have been cordial to ecstatic. We don't know.

I cant guess what could go so south with someone she knew that would end up in national news. I believe she knew this person, because I sense a short history between them. Another option is a third party committed a crime against both of them, but the dude has not gone missing. Since nobody has reported anything weird about the guy, then he is back in his daily routine with a dark secret.

I posted this previously, so I'm not trying to sound like an annoying
broken record;
but I can't shake the feeling that something isn't being openly discussed.
(Not what we were warned several times by mods to no longer discuss) But something else that I can't put my finger on.

Everyone reports that MacKenzie is a serious student, dependable at work, in daily contact with friends and responsible or at the least, not reckless.

But no one local reported her missing; Her out-of-state father reported her missing late morning/early afternoon on Thursday.

There must be a reason that friends, roommates, sorority sisters, coworkers, bosses, and professors were not alarmed Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday morning by her unexplained extended absence and phone silence.

So, "out of character" yet not entirely?

Friends reported to the media that there was no reason for MacKenzie to be in North Salt Lake City. Prior to looking at a map, I assumed that must mean N. SLC was a great distance away; but it's a mere 10-20 mins from the airport as well as her home. Friends also reported saying she was casually seeing people. Our very helpful VI has confirmed that MacKenzie was, but didn't
share information about who/where/when she was meeting people online with anyone.

So, "no reason to be in N. SLC," yet, despite the odd time/place, there knowingly was?

Its almost as if some information is... contradictory is too strong of a word. I don't know what the right word is here without seeming accusatory, which is not my intention....at all! :) Just trying to figure out an additional reason for the juxtaposition of a few things.

Yes, I agree.
Maybe the roommates didn't report her missing because they were used to her traveling back and forth to CA often?
By all accounts she took her studies seriously, yet she's in her 5th year of college majoring in kinesiology and pre-nursing. I'm NOT JUDGING, just pointing out she could have had a Bachelors Degree in nursing by then. Maybe a change of majors?
By all accounts she was very responsible but met up with someone at a park at 3am?
I think she has many facets to her persona, moo.

So unfortunate that the cameras at the park weren't working. If they were never functional, I wonder if that was widely known?

I had started thinking that the person she met up with intended to do harm to her from the get-go. That would be one reason to not pick her up at the airport where you may have others see you (though I don't know how busy the airport would be at 2-3 AM. I once had a red eye get into O'Hare, a very large airport, at 4 AM and the whole place was basically deserted). But also, the airport most definitely has cameras.

However, you'd have to know the surveillance sign at this park was untrue and the cameras weren't operational. Plus you are close to a police station and know you'd have at least one witness with the Lyft driver. So I don't know. Maybe it started as a sexy meet-up and then something went wrong.

broken record;
(Not what we were warned several times by mods to no longer discuss) But something else that I can't put my finger on.

Everyone reports that MacKenzie is a serious student, dependable at work, in daily contact with friends and responsible or at the least, not reckless.

But no one local reported her missing; Her out-of-state father reported her missing late morning/early afternoon on Thursday.

There must be a reason that friends, roommates, sorority sisters, coworkers, bosses, and professors were not alarmed Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday morning by her unexplained extended absence and phone silence.

Friends reported to the media that there was no reason for MacKenzie to be in North Salt Lake City. Prior to looking at a map, I assumed that must mean N. SLC was a great distance away; but it's a mere 10-20 mins from the airport as well as her home. Friends also reported saying she was casually seeing people. Our very helpful VI has confirmed that MacKenzie was, and that MacKenzie
also doesn't
share information about who/where/when she was meeting men with friends.

So, "no reason to be in N. SLC," yet, despite the odd time/place, there knowingly was?

Its almost as if some information is... contradictory is too strong of a word. I don't know what the right word is here without seeming accusatory, which is not my intention....at all! :) Just trying to figure out an additional reason for the juxtaposition of a few things.

MacKenzie Lueck: Missing University of Utah Student Met Someone at a Park

Police said she does not have a known boyfriend or significant other and they are not aware of anyone who had made any threats toward her prior to her disappearance. A family source told CBS News’ David Begnaud that Lueck was known to date older men and was “currently dating multiple people” casually. Her family and police have been researching her dating app and dating website profiles.

Assistant Police Chief Tim Doubt said at the press conference on June 24, “Our detectives have been working around the clock on this case and finding MacKenzie is a very high priority for us. A significant portion of our department has been assigned to work the case, we’ve been in contact with our federal, state and local partners. We’ve had regular contact with the Lueck family. Chief Brown has personally talked with the family and offered our commitment to finding MacKenzie. We will continue to work with them or anyone who has information on this case.”

Just starting in following this missing MacKenzie. One question. Won't they be able to recover phone records to see who she was talking to after her flight landed. That should be a huge help. Of course she's an adult and there is that privacy problem for police getting phone records.

They will, but it’s still a matter of getting approval for warrants.

I imagine they are there right now, and have received some of their requests.

It won’t just be phone records, but social media and dating apps as well.

If something happened and the person she met is responsible the Lyft driver is a huge help. You know how in many cases you'll see potential witnesses being interviewed? This guy has stayed away from the media, hopefully this means that he can identify her meet up person...jmo.

Yes, I was thinking about this as well, Bestill....

Also, imo even if the driver came forward to talk to the media to explain his story in hopes of coming forward with nothing to hide, some people are still going to say, “well he’s hinky alright, did you notice how he winked twice in a row?? Let’s sleuth him and his entire family and make his life a living hell!”

I’ve just had it up to my eyeballs with that business from Abby’s and Libby’s thread. I do NOT want to see that start happening here but I’m afraid we could be on the verge....

M00.

Last edited:
Once her phone records are recovered, whomever's number shows up is going to have some major explaining to do if they have not yet come forward to speak with LE.

Let's hope that they get the break they need to find Kenzie.

JMO

Because something unintended and unplanned happened AFTER he picked her up.
That still does not explain why he has not come forward.
At this point we don't know whether there was intent or not, but it might explain why he picked her up at that particular location at that particular time. Imo

Link to FB post with comments. ABC4 Utah - Good4Utah

Kenzie's dating life, preferences/choices/relationship style has pretty much become known to a lot of people at this point. There is a SM group that continues to perpetuate not very victim friendly information IMO. So it's become pretty common knowledge and these comments are making appearances on the official Find ML page as well. The moderators of the official FB group are asking people not to share/victim shame.

By all accounts she took her studies seriously, yet she's in her 5th year of college majoring in kinesiology and pre-nursing. I'm NOT JUDGING, just pointing out she could have had a Bachelors Degree in nursing by then. Maybe a change of majors?

I'm pretty sure I read here that she was studying part time? Not sure if that's been the case throughout her studies or just at the moment.

broken record;

Friends reported to the media that there was no reason for MacKenzie to be in North Salt Lake City. Prior to looking at a map, I assumed that must mean N. SLC was a great distance away; but it's a mere 10-20 mins from the airport as well as her home. Friends also reported saying she was casually seeing people. Our very helpful VI has confirmed that MacKenzie was, and that MacKenzie
also doesn't
share information about who/where/when she was meeting men with friends.

In reference to your concern about no one noticing until Thursday, I don’t think that’s completely abnormal. A few years ago we had a gal go missing from here while living in Oregon. Her mom was planning on flying in to camp with her on a Wednesday and had not heard from her since Sunday. The mom has texted and called many times to no avail. She flew in anyway and went to her apartment to find her roommate who indicated she hadn’t seen her since Sunday. It seems so odd neither would be alarmed but each one just excused it away some how. It is natural for the mind to justify and certainly no one entertains danger or harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member