Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding out more as I'm reading along. What kind of has me puzzled is that she missed her final. If she's a senior would these finals she missed have been from the semester that ended last month?? Seems to late for those finals. Or would it be from Summer classes? Seems to early for those.
Maybe that was a mistake that she missed finals?
If she was due to graduate I can see those finals being a huge part in why she would want to get back to school and also if she wasn't prepared to want to disappear.

It was a midterm for a summer class.

The accompanying emoji indicates computer money. Likely she is making payments on a laptop to this person

Looks like the person has a few customers. Just be a business.

This all seems innocuous to me. Like perhaps a roommate with whom Kenzie and other roommates would have regular money exchanges to split their utility bills, groceries, calling for pizza delivery, etc. They might even up after each expense, or combine/accumulate them and even up every so often, etc.

I'd guess the computer icon to be internet service, the plate icon for meals out/groceries, etc.

I actually said this same thing to Shannan Watts’ friends @Colorado303 and @BabyButterfly:

It must totally surreal for you, among other things, to one minute having your regular life last week, to now being on a forum posting to thousands of people on the internet about your friend missing. I bet you never would have ever imagined that if someone told you last week that’s what you’d be doing this week.

Again my heart goes out to you and thanks for being here.

Last edited:
Finding out more as I'm reading along. What kind of has me puzzled is that she missed her final. If she's a senior would these finals she missed have been from the semester that ended last month?? Seems to late for those finals. Or would it be from Summer classes? Seems to early for those.
Maybe that was a mistake that she missed finals?
If she was due to graduate I can see those finals being a huge part in why she would want to get back to school and also if she wasn't prepared to want to disappear.

I don't believe it was a final, but a midterm exam. Finals for spring semester at the U were taken at the end of April/beginning of May. The summer semester began May 13.

Wonder why the presser, and then the time change? Do you think they have new information? I hope it is good news.

Oh no, I’m behind, they changed the time of the presser? I could be reading more into this, but generally that’s not a great sign, unless they are just absolutely swamped...

I’m probably reading too much into this.

I’m assuming this presser is to release a sketch and vehicle description.

I wouldn't be so sure about this, seeing as she'd have to use the app on her phone to request the Lyft and keep tabs on when it arrived/which vehicle she knew she had to enter.

True.

Airplanes typically have power outlets, and she could have charged her phone in the airport (which incidentally, could explain the lengthy period of time between her flight landing and her Lyft ride).

Either way, I don’t think she used a payphone.

I work at a bank, and it's not that simple and easy if who you want to send money to banks at a different financial institution. Things like Venmo and PayPal make it a lot simpler because an individual person links their personal bank account to it, and people send money to that account. You can choose what you want to do with that money thereafter (like transferring it to your actual bank account).

Though from what I've seen in that Venmo activity, there is no raise for concern. The person the money was sent to also had similar transactions being sent. I agree with it being a way for them to assist with a bill payment.

(Also hi, I'm new!)

I really think if Venmo had any helpful information here it would be payments made to her, not her making payments.

True.

Airplanes typically have power outlets, and she could have charged her phone in the airport (which incidentally, could explain the lengthy period of time between her flight landing and her Lyft ride).

Either way, I don’t think she used a payphone.

Unless she wanted to make sure her call would be a secret, or to hide her personal number? I agree though. Unlikely.

This reminds me of a question I’ve always had: you know how you can set your phone to not show your number, kind of like *67 back in the day? Well, when the recipient views his/her phone bill later, does it then show the number from where the call was placed? Or does it say anonymous? Tia.

Last edited:
Is her secondary Instagram valid or a fake? If it's real I think the narrative is fairly obvious as to WHAT happened. Now WHO did it will come down to the phone and application data once the police are able to access it. I'm sure her friends could definitely verify whether or not she had the second Instagram... and more than likely others were into it as well but obviously don't want to paint a certain picture about their missing friend or themselves.... which is understandable to an extent.

There is no way the Lyft driver could be in cahoots with the guy in the car right? There is electronic evidence she plugged in the park to her phone? She possibly had a history of meeting in parks? The Lyft could forcibly take her to the park and transfer her to the other, waiting car and the electronic paper trail would not show anything different than his statement to LE.

along the lines of this C**** G******* character on venmo, it seems to me that this person is a roommate of ML. ML and another young woman pay CG monthly for something pertaining to computers (presumably wifi/internet bills). KL also paid CG money with icons representing a plate/silverware and soap... CG probably did dishes for her or something... JMO

There is no way the Lyft driver could be in cahoots with the guy in the car right? There is electronic evidence she plugged in the park to her phone? She possibly had a history of meeting in parks? The Lyft could forcibly take her to the park and transfer her to the other, waiting car and the electronic paper trail would not show anything different than his statement to LE.
Right. There is no way this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members