The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you have mentioned TV series about the royals, and I wondered about your favorite feature films about the British royals though the ages. A few of my favorites are Anne of the Thousand Days, The Lion In Winter, A Man For All Seasons. Bette Davis portrayed Elizabeth I twice - The Virgin Queen and The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex. I like The Queen (Helen Mirren) and have watched it many times. I've also enjoyed books about various royals by Antonia Fraser and Philippa Gregory. I'd love to know about "royal" reads and films that my colleagues here recommend.

DH and I are celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary today :)

funny_48th_wedding_anniversary_gifts_t_shirt-r738274bbaab54f47a9411bd8b14246dc_k2gml_307.jpg

Happy Wedding Anniversary @BetteDavisEyes
Hope you both have a wonderful day

My cat Winston has only brought one mouse in from the garden in the 8 & 1/2 years I have had him he was playing with it and I got a terrible shock. Other cats in my family bring mice in all the time so it really varies. Hopefully Her Majesty will get the problem sorted.
Meh...Mice are everywhere in England well...once you get outta London :D
They're just not used to seeing them

Some of you have mentioned TV series about the royals, and I wondered about your favorite feature films about the British royals though the ages.
:) The Mudlark
(1950)

A little orphan boy (Andrew Ray) who survives by scavenging on the River Thames, decides to walk to Windsor Castle to see Queen Victoria.

The Mudlark 1950 Trailer

:D Carry On Henry

COH01.jpg
Henry VIII is up in arms about the garlic breath of his wife, Marie de Normandy, but although he finds it a turn-off, his equerry, Sir Roger de Loggerley, is enamoured by it and becomes her lover. The lecherous king, meanwhile, decides it is time for a new wife and plots with Thomas Cromwell and Cardinal Wolsey to get rid of Marie.

Carry On Henry - UK Trailer

My cat Winston has only brought one mouse in from the garden in the 8 & 1/2 years I have had him he was playing with it and I got a terrible shock. Other cats in my family bring mice in all the time so it really varies. Hopefully Her Majesty will get the problem sorted.
:) Is this Winston?
58698.jpg
That's a great name :D

E4F8FED9-04A1-4C1B-96DD-88C3692FA541.jpeg

:) Is this Winston?
58698.jpg
That's a great name :D

Yes this is Winston. Thank you very much @Keine Engel his name suits him as he is a Persian and spoiled rotten. He is a bit unhappy this week as my Mum is on holiday and I am looking after her adorable Shih Tzu puppy Maxwell. This is the first time he has stayed and Winston doesn’t like sharing my attention. So Winston is getting even more spoiled this week.

I could loan Winston to Her Majesty for a while I’m sure he would fit right in at Buckingham Palace.

Some of you have mentioned TV series about the royals, and I wondered about your favorite feature films about the British royals though the ages. A few of my favorites are Anne of the Thousand Days, The Lion In Winter, A Man For All Seasons. Bette Davis portrayed Elizabeth I twice - The Virgin Queen and The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex. I like The Queen (Helen Mirren) and have watched it many times. I've also enjoyed books about various royals by Antonia Fraser and Philippa Gregory. I'd love to know about "royal" reads and films that my colleagues here recommend.

The Kings Speech

The lion in winter is very good, love Peter O’toole

View attachment 190654

Yes this is Winston. Thank you very much @Keine Engel his name suits him as he is a Persian and spoiled rotten. He is a bit unhappy this week as my Mum is on holiday and I am looking after her adorable Shih Tzu puppy Maxwell. This is the first time he has stayed and Winston doesn’t like sharing my attention. So Winston is getting even more spoiled this week.

I could loan Winston to Her Majesty for a while I’m sure he would fit right in at Buckingham Palace.

Greg, you posted on another thread the name of Winston’s Instagram account. If you’re willing to do that here, I’m sure he’d have lots of fans! :rolleyes::) Does Maxwell have an IG account too?

Greg, you posted on another thread the name of Winston’s Instagram account. If you’re willing to do that here, I’m sure he’d have lots of fans! :rolleyes::) Does Maxwell have an IG account too?

Winston’s Instagram is winston_the_persian_cat and Maxwell’s is maxwell_shih_tzu I run both accounts. Thank you to you and @pillywiggin for your kindness to Winston and Maxwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57