Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Lyft driver.
1. I really think it's time to move on from them as a suspect
2. A lot of folks seem to be expecting a lot out of a rideshare driver. Many of them don't talk to the fare and some of them are super weird and... and this is the important one: most that I have ridden with (lots) don't strike me as the type to give a moments though about the safety of a 23 year old at 3 am.

Good point. A lot of divers are just ready for their "shift" to be over with. Since the driver was immediately taking requests after, i don't blame them for the hazy details. I can imagine they could've been a bit tired as well.

Last edited:
Michael Locklear on Twitter
JC says she visited her friend #MackenzieLueck’s apartment after getting a call from Lueck’s dad Thursday. No luggage. “She cleans up her room every time before she leaves, and it was perfectly clean, and everything was in place just like she would have left it.”
D977gzRU4AAYtdd.jpg

3:11 PM - 25 Jun 2019

(Name changed to initials by me)

Just read back some on this case.

JMO
If this timeline is accurate then it is very unusual to me to come back from any trip with a large luggage and not go directly home. If we are to believe the Lyft driver then I find it very strange she went to the park to meet someone else there instead of first going home to unload that luggage she was hauling around.

Wouldnt the Lyft driver have to get out of the car to help her take her big piece of luggage over to the other car's trunk. That luggage was huge and was probably put in the trunks of the vehicles. It could fit in backseat I suppose but either way the Lyft driver would have got out to help her with it I would have thought. They usually do this to try to up their tip they may get.

I know the LE has said they cleared the Lyft driver but IMO I have not yet cleared anyone.

The timeline appears to have changed ... the flight was delayed 30 min and she landed after 2 am, which means she didn’t hang around the airport. The AC said in the presser she got off her flight, went to baggage claim then went outside to catch her Lyft ride. That’s a big deal. I was thinking she was waiting at the airport to meet someone who got off work late, but now think otherwise.

As to moving the suitcase, I could possibly see the Lyft driver getting it out of the car for her and ML rolling it herself to the waiting car.

Yeah that makes zero sense.

I don’t think standard protocol is to get into your drug dealer’s car with your luggage.

I think standard protocol is to ask the Lyft driver to wait because you’ll only be a minute, and then you take the Lyft on home.

(Reminds me of the time we were burglarized, and I kept telling my mother that the burglars had done such-and-such because that’s how it said to do it in the burglar’s handbook, until she finally asked me if there really was a Burglar’s Handbook.)

Yep, but what does it say about the relationship with the person who picked her up?

Could say something, could mean nothing. I, for one, would be pissed if someone I’m dating got out of the car to lift a bag I could clearly lift- especially if I’m tired from traveling and it’s late. I’d be like “you think I can’t do this myself?!?” Given what we know about ML, she comes across as being capable and wanting to be empowered so it wouldn’t shock me if she were also this way. Doesn’t mean the relationship is poor, could mean the opposite.

I’m also aware this sounds so illogical to not want help, but it’s truly how I feel and my partners in the past had to learn to just go with it.

IMOO.

But IS Hatch Park a good location? I live 30 minutes north and am trying to recall this intersection. From Google Earth it looks like there is an exit SB onto Center Street but NO other onramps or offramps. The Lyft driver had to take some side roads (unless some redesign has occurred that I’ve missed). That’s why I feel this is a good meetup place for a guy living up in the NSL Foothills. Easy and fast for him, literally 2 miles off the freeway for her due to that weird interchange.

I would like to get his name so we can run him and see all his phone records for that period

Respectfully, the driver has not been named as a person of interest or a suspect by LE, and according to the TOS here, any information about the driver is not to be discussed here.

IMO, LE has already investigated the driver six ways to Sunday and has not announced any arrests or identified any suspects, so we don't need to worry about the driver.

I keep thinking about the "mystery person" she met at the park. If I am a 23-year-old girl, I have just gotten off a plane at 2 am after attending a family members funeral, and by her friend's admission she was traumatized by I might not be so quick to want to go home. So, what would I do? I would probably call a friend, a friend I knew had a good chance of being up to hang with for a while maybe get something to eat. I kept thinking about the unknown person at the park as being someone she must not have known very well primarily fueled by the talk of *the subject we aren't allowed to talk about* however, it's more likely she called someone she knew. Maybe it wasn't someone in her close-knit circle of friends but perhaps someone outside of that. Someone, she felt comfortable to show up in yoga pants and a messy ponytail. Maybe a coworker, old friend, family friend, or just someone she felt would be able to comfort her and hang for a while so she could unwind? I think it's easy with all the talk to jump on to the stranger/date train here, but it might be someone closer to home?

D97rAHJUcAEuAKr.jpg

In this image ML appears not only tired , she also appears to be sporting the result of 'crying eyes' which is not surprising since she was arriving from a funeral trip. Given what we might glean from ML's appearance, could we extrapolate to assume she would not be up to meeting someone in a formal context? This indicates casual/comfortable; IOW, the person(s) with who ML set to meet that evening at the park were person(s) with who she would feel comfortable to present herself in such a state... unless the meet was of an urgency/importance that dictated as a must-do, regardless of state of appearance or mental attitude.

What occurred during the funeral visit/flights? Is it possible ML was so distraught over her family's loss or did something else (unrelated, but exacerbated by the family loss) occur that caused ML to seek a comfort with a confidant (or sponsor/mentor?) or maybe suffer a mental break that resulted in unexpected/unusual behavior?

Last edited:
D97rAHJUcAEuAKr.jpg

In this image ML appears not only tired , she also appears to be sporting the result of 'crying eyes' which is not surprising since she was arriving from a funeral trip. Given what we might glean from ML's appearance, could we extrapolate to assume she would not be up to meeting someone in a formal context? This indicates casual/comfortable; IOW, the person(s) with who ML set to meet that evening at the park were person(s) with who she would feel comfortable to present herself in such a state... unless the meet was of an urgency/importance that dictated as a must-do, regardless of state of appearance or mental attitude.

What occurred during the funeral visit/flights? Is it possible ML was so distraught over her family's loss or did something else (unrelated, but exacerbated by the family loss) occur that caused ML to seek a comfort with a confidant (or sponsor/mentor?) or maybe suffer a mental break that resulted in unexpected/unusual behavior?

Sorry... my post seems to duplicate what others have already postulated

But IS Hatch Park a good location? I live 30 minutes north and am trying to recall this intersection. From Google Earth it looks like there is an exit SB onto Center Street but NO other onramps or offramps. The Lyft driver had to take some side roads (unless some redesign has occurred that I’ve missed). That’s why I feel this is a good meetup place for a guy living up in the NSL Foothills. Easy and fast for him, literally 2 miles off the freeway for her due to that weird interchange.
Exactly. The situation is the same and has not changed. There is only a southbound exit. No on ramp. The Lyft driver had to take either HWY 89 to center or Redwood to center. I too believe this a local guy who drove down the hill to meet her and intended for it to be clandestine (but not necessarily sinister) as he has a double life

I bet the lyft driver wishes he wasn’t a lyft driver. Of course he’s not gonna notice the other car/driver. He’ll notice if she’s happy to see the person by smiling, cheerful demeanor getting out of car and getting bags. But he’s not gonna look at the driver and car very intensely. He does this all day and it’s the middle of night. You don’t preplan what you need to remember until you need to remember it.

100%
By the time LE questioned the Lyft driver it had been 4 days! Sure, he/she remembers picking up a girl from the airport and dropping her at the park but the make and model of the car waiting for her?! That's like asking one of us to remember the make and model of the car parked next to us at the grocery last Sunday. *Insert mind explosion emoji*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave