Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that LE hadn't mentioned the fact that they can't confirm the car or driver from the meet up. How is that helpful at this point? They could have saved that for a few more days as they sorted through the tips that are coming in, along with the info they coming in from the warrants.

Maybe they CAN confirm and want to give the POI a false sense of security, especially if they believe he's holding her.

I’m curious if this park isn’t as weird a location for her to go and it appears now. Perhaps she’s been there many times. Maybe this person and her always meet up there when they meet. Could be part of her personal routine activities of safe spaces. I walk my dogs at night by some decommissioned railroad tracks and abandoned industrial park. I do this even at midnight, or if I go out and come home at 2am- I still walk them down there before bed. Maybe this park is similar to her and this person?

Just trying to think through some reasons for why she would be comfortable at the park to meet someone.

Also I am realizing I need to set more precautions and safety nets in my own life. Until today and everyone giving helpful tips on the prior thread, I never really thought about what poor situations I put myself in. Ironic for a criminologist.

MOO.

Again, playing devil's advocate, not exactly true. I unknowingly flew out of LAX with marijuana in my bag a few months ago. (it was inside of a suitcase inside of a bag inside of a bag) My bag was not searched or opened and I don't have a medical card so it was technically illegal. In California it's fine for me to have it, but I was traveling to Illinois, where it also wasn't caught.

Yay for IL legalizing come January!

RE the Lyft driver I can't find where I read it was female. I've looked through a lot and it seems they don't refer to the driver as either male or female. If I find it I'll surely share it. Seems they are keeping the sex of the Lyft driver kind of on the QT. Did I read they said 'he' at the press conference? Lets keep our eyes and ears open on that one. Could be why they were cleared so quickly!

Again, playing devil's advocate, not exactly true. I unknowingly flew out of LAX with marijuana in my bag a few months ago. (it was inside of a suitcase inside of a bag inside of a bag) My bag was not searched or opened and I don't have a medical card so it was technically illegal. In California it's fine for me to have it, but I was traveling to Illinois, where it also wasn't caught.

Oh, okay, I thought you meant she was carrying an amount to be sold. That would be much harder as bags are x-rayed.

Hello all. I've been trying to get caught up on this thread but its proving to be nearly impossible! I made it halfway through #3 then realized y'all are well into #4 already! It's been moving fast.

What are the new details from today?

Why do I think that the driver DID get out of the car to greet her? In the first presser, I believe LE said that the Lyft driver indicated that ML was happy to see the person she met and they "made contact." Did I just imagine that? Don't have the energy to scroll back and find that presser.

My God I hope your hunches are right. It would be game changer if LE had a description of the person, or at least a gender.

Welcome to Websleuths, and thanks for the very valuable insight!

So where do you suppose they planned to go from the park?

Depends on intention, but West of Hatch park (under the freeway) is basically nothing of interest. It's essentially a mildly industrial park with a few newer subdivisions. After a few miles you hit the edge of the Great Salt Lake. My money would be on going to one of the nice houses up above Eaglewood Golf Course. The neighbors up there are super nosey and would notice a random car arriving at 3am (the lyft), especially if it dropped off a young blonde girl.

I had friends in high school that lived around there and they were always caught by the neighbors sneaking out at night.

Hi there folks. I'm new here, and signed up just to provide some information about hatch park as I grew up in Bountiful, the town directly adjacent to North Salt Lake (NSL).

North Salt Lake and Bountiful are effectively one suburb of salt lake to the north, and are quite separated from Salt Lake itself by a very industrial area (Beck Street has many oil refineries and storage garages). Hatch Park, while visible from the freeway, is not especially prominent along that section. You probably drive by it in about 3 seconds. It's a very small park that only people local to NSL and perhaps Bountiful would even know the name.

Which brings me to my insight I'll share with all of you. If you wanted to meet with someone and they are going to get back on the freeway, heading north or south, you'd meet at 2600S in Bountiful. It's a big exit with onramp/off-ramps in both directions, with a gas station, a huge grocery store, and lots of public places. It's maybe another 60-90 seconds on the freeway to the north. The freeway exit near Hatch Park only has a south-bound off-ramp. It's really, really inconvenient to then get back on the freeway from that location.

Whoever met with ML knows the area very well, and likely lives, in NSL/Bountiful. There are other places to meet that are more inconspicuous, and other places that are more conspicuous. Either way, it's always struck me as a really odd place to meet knowing the logistics of getting to that park.

To play devil's advocate, they may not have known the area well. If you weren't familiar with this area you wouldn't know there isn't a convenient on ramp. I live right by the park, and always people get off that exit, and just assume if you can get off, you can get back on. I do believe it makes sense the person she was meeting was coming from the north, but I don't necessarily think they are local to NSL/Bountiful necessarily. I think that park was simply a meeting point, and then they immediately left the area.

IMG_20190625_155456.jpg

IMG_20190625_155452.jpg

IMG_20190625_155500.jpg

Police officials in Salt Lake City, Utah have released what they said are the last known photos of a 23-year-old Utah woman who has been missing from the SLC area since June 17th.

SLC Police release last known photos of missing woman - Oil City News Casper, Wyoming Community News Stream.

RE the Lyft driver I can't find where I read it was female. I've looked through a lot and it seems they don't refer to the driver as either male or female. If I find it I'll surely share it. Seems they are keeping the sex of the Lyft driver kind of on the QT. Did I read they said 'he' at the press conference? Lets keep our eyes and ears open on that one. Could be why they were cleared so quickly!
To quote myself I've read a lot of the articles and they purposely don't give the Lyft drivers sex. A couple of reporters have said 'he' but reporters aren't what they used to be anymore are they. They mess up the news many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire