OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Oops, I was wrong about possible mislabeling of DS's call. It's listed separately there.
I wonder if the friends who were riding with BJM that morning also made a call?
For now, I'm going with LM or JM calling 911 because they were trying to hurry up LE or because JM found the third crime scene.

BJM's call also could have dropped. From many remarks of locals in the MSM, cell phone service is very spotty in the area.

Reminder: This discovery doc is from Jan 7, 2019. The news media apparently didn't report on it or otherwise make it available to the public.

Also, iirc, 9-1-1 had trouble deciding which LE to send as the scenes covered 2-3 counties: CR’s & FR’s trailers were in Pike & DR’s home was in Scioto but they were very close to Adams Co line as well.

Thanks!

Yes, that's when they discovered the Maglite - either an entire Maglite or just the long tube-like handle. Someone posted some info about how that part could be used to make a silencer.

ATF analyzed it and we've been wondering ever since what it was they found to make the final irrefutable link to the Wagners as the killers.

New facts show that the homemade gun silencer that prosecutors found was at the bottom of a well on property the Wagner’s used to own, according to court documents.

“They may have had a certain interest in it. But it seemed to have resonated with them in terms of what to do -- how to solve their problem”, said Marc Clauson, Cedarville University Law Professor.

Johnny, friendly reminder, you need to include links. Do you need any assistance doing that here at WS?

I was wondering how much a handgun would cost in Ohio. I won't link the site so it's JMO, but the different models of Glocks were about $500, interestingly, there were silencers priced at $1000. So if the W4 were trying to save money, it would make sense to DIY the silencer(s).

:(:)
But no, I am now realizing and understanding that the Wagner's are not like any of them at all.

The Wagners are not like anyone any of us have ever known. The Wagner 4 are all in a place of their own that no one else inhabits. That is because the Wagner's are monsters.

And none of us have ever seen the monster in the dark who sneaks into your home and slaughters your whole family. But little Brently did. Little Chris did. So did Big Chris and who knows how many others were awake?

To compare the Wagner 4 monsters to the good people of your husband's family and the good people of Appalachia is completely unfair. The Wagner's are nothing like those hard working, honest people who try their best to live life the right way.

And trying to put the Wagner 4 in a category that we can all understand is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. They just don't fit in anywhere.

JMO
Thankx @RAISINISBACK . I apologize for over-reacting to your post a few days ago. My sister passed and I'm so stressed trying to pay everything and distribute everything fairly as executor of her estate ("I want her grill", "I want her jewelry", "a pipe burst in her house fix it "Cool Cats!", " her mortgage payment is due" "you need to pay it "Cool Cats!" " You better pay it!!! ETC"...) She was divorced with no kids and I'm her only sibling. I was just too emotional to even be posting, the thread isn't about me! I like your posts and look forward to many more posts from you and all the other posters on here.

Justice is coming!..:(:)...Sorry, don't want to make the thread about what I'm dealing with. I, we, all of us, just want to see it through and look, wait , and hope, for Justice!;)

Last edited:
Thankx @RAISINISBACK . I apologize for over-reacting to your post a few days ago. My sister passed and I'm so stressed trying to pay everything and distribute everything fairly as executor of her estate ("I want her grill", "I want her jewelry" , a pipe burst in her house and her mortgage payment is due ETC...) She was divorced with no kids and I'm her only sibling.I was just too emotional to even be posting, the thread isn't about me. I like your posts and look forward to many more posts from you and all the other posters on here. Justice is coming!..:(:)

So sorry to hear that Cool Cats. Much sympathy to you and your family. There's nothing as awful as having to settle an estate for a loved one, has to be one of the most stressful situations ever. Take care of yourself.

Thankx @RAISINISBACK . I apologize for over-reacting to your post a few days ago. My sister passed and I'm so stressed trying to pay everything and distribute everything fairly as executor of her estate ("I want her grill", "I want her jewelry", "a pipe burst in her house fix it "Cool Cats!", " her mortgage payment is due" "you need to pay it "Cool Cats!" " You better pay it!!! ETC"...) She was divorced with no kids and I'm her only sibling. I was just too emotional to even be posting, the thread isn't about me! I like your posts and look forward to many more posts from you and all the other posters on here.

Justice is coming!..:(:)...Sorry, don't want to make the thread about what I'm dealing with. I, we, all of us, just want to see it through and look, wait , and hope, for Justice!;)

Big hugs CC. I am so sorry you are going through this.

In November 2018, a defense attorney for the Wagners said in a statement, “Given the fact that the Wagner’s have been indicted with capital murder with death penalty specifications, we respectfully decline making any statements at this time. However, the Wagner’s eagerly look forward to their trial and to have their day in Court so they can vindicate their names. The Wagner’s are also ever hopeful that in the ensuing months there will be a thorough vetting of all the facts. Moreover, we look forward to the day when the true culprit(s) will be discovered and brought to justice for this terrible tragedy,” according to a local ABC station.
This came from Oxygen Crime form.

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The defense in the Pike County massacre case has asked to see a slew of evidence.

Jake Wagner, the man whose custody dispute may be at the center of the murders of the eight Rhoden family members in Pike County, appeared in court Thursday. He is the youngest of the four Wagners charged with the killings. He fathered a child with one of the victims.

The judge ordered Thursday that Wagner have no contact with the three other accused killers and the two grandmothers accused of covering it all up.

RELATED | Wagner son who fathered daughter with slain-Rhoden teen in court for Pike Co. murders

Among paperwork filed this past week were requests from the defense including a more detailed list of evidence in the case, such as silencers on guns the Wagner’s are accused of buying and using to commit multiple murders.

A seven-page evidence list uncovered Thursday gets a little more specific. For example, the defense is asking to see:

• Hundreds of crime scene photos taken by investigators from all of the murder scenes
  • Ballistic evidence
  • Autopsies and X-ray photos for all eight Rhoden family victims
  • Video and audio interviews taken with the Wagners
  • Nearly 300 seized voicemails
  • Cell tower records from Billy Wagner’s cellphone
  • Nearly 600 photos from the search and seizure at the Flying W Farm
  • One photo of George “Billy” Wagner’s tattoo
  • A “Boondock Saints” video clip
  • Records and photos from the evidence trailer searchers
  • More than 500 photos from the Rhoden house searches
    • Including 1 photo of a burnt VCR
The list goes on.

Also submitted in court Thursday: a bill of particulars and six more motions filed, outlining exactly what Jake Wagner is accused of, and what the defense team wants to see.

In November 2018, a defense attorney for the Wagners said in a statement, “Given the fact that the Wagner’s have been indicted with capital murder with death penalty specifications, we respectfully decline making any statements at this time. However, the Wagner’s eagerly look forward to their trial and to have their day in Court so they can vindicate their names. The Wagner’s are also ever hopeful that in the ensuing months there will be a thorough vetting of all the facts. Moreover, we look forward to the day when the true culprit(s) will be discovered and brought to justice for this terrible tragedy,” according to a local ABC station.
This came from Oxygen Crime form.

:)

An interesting quote from the article at your link:

Brian Stephens, another Pike County resident, said growing up his family did work on a Wagner property, and he remembers the family, and being around the property "just seemed off." "They were real sketchy and they just always lashed out on people if they did one thing wrong," he said.

BBM

So sorry to hear that Cool Cats. Much sympathy to you and your family. There's nothing as awful as having to settle an estate for a loved one, has to be one of the most stressful situations ever. Take care of yourself.

Thankx so much Betty P....:).....I am serious, it means a lot to me that you would say this --- and I very much enjoy your posts, and I can't wait to hear what'all you have to say when we get to the actual trials!..;)...I am looking forward, very much so, to your commentary on the 6 trials! :cool: Take Care...;):cool::eek::D

The Hunters Became The Hunted, but now....... ;)....JUSTICE IS COMING!

Last edited:
First call, 7:49 a.m. Friday:

Caller: Inaudible words

911: 911

Caller: Yes, I need a deputy at 40… breathing and inaudible words

911: I need you to tell me the address. What’s the address?

Caller: Give me just a second. Let me walk to the mailbox. I think my brother-in-law is dead.

911: OK. What’s the address?

Caller: Give me just a second. 4077 Union Hill Road.

911: 4077 Union…

Caller (interrupting): 4077

911: OK. Four. Zero. Seven. Seven. Union Hill. Is that correct?

Caller: Yes. 4077 Union Hill Road.

Caller starts to cry.

911: Ma’am. Ma’am, you have to tell me what’s going on.

Caller: There’s blood all over the house.

911: OK.

Caller: My brother-in-law’s in the bedroom and it looks like someone has beat the hell out of him.

Caller: There’s blood all over the (inaudible).

911: Ma’am, can you tell me what county that’s in?

Caller: Pike County.

911: It’s Pike County?

Caller: Yes. And they inaudible back room.

911: OK. I need you to get out of the house. Did you drive over there?

Caller: Yes, I did.

911: OK. What’s your name?

Caller: Mine’s Bobby.

911: Bobby, what’s your brother-in-law’s name?

Caller: Huh?

911: What’s your brother-in-law’s name?

Caller: inaudible sounds

911: Ma’am. What’s his name?

Caller: Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden.

911: Chris and Gary Rhoden?

Caller: Both of them’s in there look like they’re dead.

911: You think they’ve both dead?

Caller: I think they’re both dead. It look like someone had beat the f---- out of them.

911: OK. Is there anybody else in the house?

Caller: Not that I know of.

Caller: The door was locked when I got here, but I have a key to his house, and I went in and they were laying on the floor.

911: OK. Bobby, I need you to get out of the house and wait.

Caller: I’m staying outside right now.

911: OK. Just say out of the house. Don’t let anybody go in there, OK?

Caller: Yeah.

911: Alright. We’ve got deputies on the way.

Caller: Alright. Thank you.

911: You’re welcome.

Caller starts to weep.

Second call, 1:26 p.m. Friday.

911 dispatcher: 911. 911.

Third party: There’s Pike County, sir. Go ahead.

911: This is 911. Can I help you?

Caller: I need a deputy to come out to close to 799 Left Fork.

911: OK

Caller: It’s all that stuff that’s on the news. Um, I just found, I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound.

911: OK, sir. Is he alive?

Caller: No. No.

911: OK. And you’re at 799 Left Fork?

Caller: It’s close to 799. I don’t know what his address is. He don’t have a box.

911: You don’t have a box. OK.

Caller: I’ll be standing out by the roadway.

911: What’s your name, sir?

Caller: Donald Stone

911: Donald Stone?

Caller: Donald Stone

911: Stone? S-T-O-N-E

911: What’s his name?

Caller: Kenneth Rhoden

911: Kenneth Rhoden?

911: OK, sir. Are you out of the house?

Caller: I’m out of the house right now. I just went in, hollering at him, and checked if he was alright, and I looked up at him and he had a gunshot wound.

911: OK, sir. We are going to get deputies out there to you, OK?

Caller: OK.

911: Alright.

Caller: Bye.

Originally Published 7:32 pm EDT April 23, 2016
Updated 3:41 pm EDT April 29, 2016

Posted in the Chillicothe Gazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online