Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really surprises me since it seems like they are a close family. I don’t know any parents with the means that wouldn’t go help find their daughter. Not to victim blame, but this seems odd unless they have information as to there being no reason to worry/help.
Perhaps there are younger children to look after, and with a death in the family they were already in a form of crisis. My heart goes out to them.

I don’t mean to sound morbid, as I am hoping and praying for ML’s safe return, but at what point are search teams and dogs called in? I realize there is no sign of foul play, as in a trail of evidence, but ML has been missing for almost 9 days now. I couldn’t help but notice when mapping the park several national forests and large bodies of water, all within / under a one hour drive. The red square on the attached image represents the park. Note national forests on 3 sides as well as rivers and lakes.

They need a smaller, specific area to search in order to employ teams and dogs. They have no idea where the two of them went from the park so unfortunately they can’t just go out to places they *think* someone might discard a body, they need a reliable lead for a certain area in order to use the resources and manpower. Wish we could have teams of people and dogs searching everywhere at all times for the missing but sadly that’s not realistic :( (tho of course as citizens we CAN spend our own time looking and stay vigilant to anything that seems odd and out of the ordinary. How many times have we heard that average Joe citizens were out walking their dogs that came across a body—or a courageous girl who escaped like jayme closs!...keep walking your pooches and keep your eyes peeled my friends!)

BBM
I'm quite a bit older than Kenzie, and I use that phrase or similar one, a lot.
Yes and I am around the early 20's age group A LOT and saying, "I'm dead" or "I'm dead inside" is a phrase that is said a lot....usually meaning something is hilarious or they are embarrassed about something funny. In fact, "I am dead inside" is something Michael from the Office says occassionally......and The Office is huge with this age group. I honestly wouldn't read too much in to this phrase she used.

I think some posters are getting too caught up in the semantics related to the sugar daddy/baby relationships and/or are passing unnecessary judgement.

@poppydarling is an expert in this realm and conducts research. I believe we should trust her judgment over our conjecture/opinions.

@poppydarling has already asserted that many if not the majority of these relationships do not have a sexual dynamic and her point about people caring more about human companionship and connection makes perfect sense to me. The couple people I know who have engaged in these types of relationships relay the same message. The sugar daddies or mommas are oftentimes people who spend a tremendous amount of time working and therefore lack time for the dating scene. When you are dating, many expectations/pressures are in place of what you will need to bring to the relationship. In a SD/SB relationship, you can clearly outline exactly what you hope to get out of the dynamic without all of the added strings of a typical dating relationship. Therefore, it may just be going out for dinner/drinks once or twice a week to offer a fun exchange.

If we are deconstructing things, one income households are common within "traditional" relationships. Does that mean that one spouse is paying for the other's companionship/sex? Absolutely not.

This has crossed my mind several times. “Meet me at our spot” is not an illogical thought, especially reeling from a loss. The thought of meeting a friend, ex or love interest after a tough time is appealing, especially after sadness and loss, regardless of time of day. However, if this was ML and ?’s “spot”, I think someone would know. Maybe not point blank but I think somehow “Hatch Park” would come up in a regular convo (having been there, being familiar with the area etc) therefore at least one of her friends would recall her having mentioned it bs being completely confused as to why ML was even in that part of town and remarking that they knew no one. JMO
Same thing that I am thinking. I feel that if she was comfortable going there at that time then this must be a common meeting spot. Also the way she is dressed seems as if it's someone she is comfortable with.

Seeing KUTV2 news saying the FBI has joined the search. Just hopping back on now so trying to catch up. Any other links about this?
I’m glad FBI is in. I think it implies they don’t just think she’s off grid. This opens up so many more resources to find her. I am genuinely worried for your friend.

Apologies if this has already been suggested: since the police have asked more than once about an additional phone, I wonder if they saw her using two phones on the surveillance footage from the airport. She didn’t “talk” to anyone, but she could have texted.

Can confirm local news KUTV2 News just stated that the FBI has joined the search.

Interesting. Must be super serious in order for the FBI to get involved especially with a bigger city.

I think that’s the most telling part. They don’t believe she’s voluntarily missing.

How often does the FBI get called in for cases like this especially a big city? The only I seen that happen was the Alexis Murphy case and that’s only because it’s was a super small town ...

Definitely said it in the PC. I typed it as they said it. I think it was at the very end.

Oh okay I see. So strange since I hadn't really seen it mentioned in the thread - but again rough day so I easily could have missed it. Thanks for keeping your eyes and ears open and picking up on things I missed!

Okay, everyone. I have to get some sleep and there are dozens of alerts on this thread that I haven't gotten to yet. We're going to close the thread for the night. @Tricia will open a fresh thread tomorrow morning. She said she is setting 2 alarms to ensure that she doesn't forget to start a new thread. See y'all tomorrow. Get some sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆