UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is your theory of the case? (if you have one?)

I loved your blog BTW

It was that piece of writing got me interested - a fantastic long form piece.

Cheers, very kind. No theory per se but I felt it was time to write something. It's Catch 22: getting involved in the scrum feels disrespectful in it's own way but saying nothing given my knowledge about their friendship group and experiences since felt cowardly. Even if this person/s only ever killed Claudia they sent a message to the world, but particularly locally, that you really can get away with murder. I think the river deaths are bizarre...

Wow, from her home? Also my post about the Heworth Place house/electoral register info were deleted on grounds of not relating to the case? Does that happen often on this forum?
@moonsafari Yes my 2 posts were also deleted. This was because I referred to someone who was not a "POI" (Person of Interest) I apologise for this and I am quite new so wont do it again.
The point I was trying to make however was and as verified by yourself, One of the Persons of Interest (PR) had properties in the area that he owned and didn't necessarily live in.
Was one of these properties in Heworth Place at the rear of CL's house?
If it was, feasibly the person on CCTV on the evening of 18th March, who dissapeared from CCTV view for just over 1 minute could have been visiting somewhere else other than the rear of CL's house?

I'd love to know where he meant, because the river is nowhere near Claudia's house or route to work

Trevor Gamble post :
Very interesting as is also the post on FB by a Paul Crook that was deleted by an administrator who claimed that FB had received a complaint. It was then alleged that Administrator had deleted it without complaint. it then transpired that Paul Crook was bared from FB and so he started his own FB group? His post was said to be getting too close to the truth and it was about a group liaison with CL and something going wrong...

Very interesting as is also the post on FB by a Paul Crook that was deleted by an administrator who claimed that FB had received a complaint. It was then alleged that Administrator had deleted it without complaint. it then transpired that Paul Crook was bared from FB and so he started his own FB group? His post was said to be getting too close to the truth and it was about a group liaison with CL and something going wrong...
Eh? Is Paul Crook legit?

Eh? Is Paul Crook legit?
@Pinkizzy I don't know but a number of FB group members were upset when he was barred. Please see the post which took place around July 30th 2018 and what appears to be where the administrator of the group on FB is caught out being untruthful about the deletions

Not really related to current discussion, but we had 2 unsolved double murders, a rape and many robberies where I live (rural West Wales miniscule crime rate so huge deal). The murders occurred in 1985 and 1989. The police had little to go on (granted they had bodies, but 2 were badly burnt) and the theory police released locally and on crimewatch was unfortunately completely incorrect and quite sensationalist (through a lack of forensic knowledge at the time - not the fault of police). The case was solved over 20 years later (2012) It was a local man with a criminal past for robbery. Yes, forensics had advanced and it took huge time and expense to retest the old exhibits. But they got the man. The police dealt in facts and forensics, dismissed the sensational stories and even managed to break the petrified offender's family's wall of silence eventually. Which made me think of this case. Strange coincidence I found out today that it features on the same june 2009 crimewatch (update) programme that Claudia's case headlined on the main programme. Anyhow point was the truth will out eventually.

Last edited:
Not really related to current discussion, but we had 2 unsolved double murders, a rape and many robberies where I live (rural West Wales miniscule crime rate so huge deal). The murders occurred in 1985 and 1989. The police had little to go on (granted they had bodies, but 2 were badly burnt) and the theory police released locally and on crimewatch was unfortunately completely incorrect and quite sensationalist (through a lack of forensic knowledge at the time - not the fault of police). The case was solved over 20 years later (2012) It was a local man with a criminal past for robbery. Yes, forensics had advanced and it took huge time and expense to retest the old exhibits. But they got the man. The police dealt in facts and forensics, dismissed the sensational stories and even managed to break the petrified offender's family's wall of silence eventually. Which made me think of this case. Strange coincidence I found out today that it features on the same june 2009 crimewatch (update) programme that Claudia's case headlined on the main programme. Anyhow point was the truth will out eventually.
I'm following a case in North West Wales, Anglesey, atm. Four people arrested today in the crossbow murder of Gerald Corrigan.

I'm following a case in North West Wales, Anglesey, atm. Four people arrested today in the crossbow murder of Gerald Corrigan.
Yes I saw that today, 4 arrested on murder/assisting a murder/fraud etc so some money motive and not an accident as I thought. Generally rural Wales is quiet! But then terrible things like April Jones happen. They got him though. They get them all eventually!! 'What a web we weave when we try to deceive'. Will untangle soon for this case too.

Back to Claudia case: Can anyone remember that the evening CCTV of man in black at side of house. There has been commentary on some Blogs that the first CCTV police issued showed a man stood outside of the doorway oposite side of road. The second time the police issued same CCTV the man in doorway had been removed??? Does anyone else recall this strange "Change" of CCTV footage? Woder why

Back to Claudia case: Can anyone remember that the evening CCTV of man in black at side of house. There has been commentary on some Blogs that the first CCTV police issued showed a man stood outside of the doorway oposite side of road. The second time the police issued same CCTV the man in doorway had been removed??? Does anyone else recall this strange "Change" of CCTV footage? Woder why

NYP seem to have removed and reuploaded a number of appeals/webpages.
Given the Heworth Place potential revelation I've paid more attention to the ambiguity of the right hand side of the shot.... is this person walking into the alleyway, or checking to see if a vehicle is in the drive of said house on Heworth Place/light is on?

NYP seem to have removed and reuploaded a number of appeals/webpages.
Given the Heworth Place potential revelation I've paid more attention to the ambiguity of the right hand side of the shot.... is this person walking into the alleyway, or checking to see if a vehicle is in the drive of said house on Heworth Place/light is on?
@moonsafari The CCTV shows the person going out of shot and so it is difficult to say. They appear to come from Direction of CL house and then return in same direction. It could be something as simple as someone calling on a mate to go to Nags but they weren't in?
It would be easy for Police to look at any movement from Heworth Place due to CCTV (People and car comings and goings).
As there is only one way out / in to Heworth Place and covered by CCTV.
If they were just going into alleyway they wouldn't even have time to get to CL house but they could have "Kept watch" at end of alley for someone if they were transporting something / someone out of CL or another house backing into alley way that comes out at other end in Nags Car Park.
I will take a look again at CCTV and see if I can tell.

One question I have for you @moonsafari. There appears to be a Shed / Outhouse at rear of Nags car park in back corner near alley way.
It could have been used for storage or for Beer kegs?

Could something been hidden there for onward transportation to be dumped?

One of theories I have seen on this site is that CL was transported out of rear of her house and along alleyway to Nags Car Park. As Nags CCTV was not working then she could have been placed in store area or straight into a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie