Dominican Republic - American tourists found dead in resorts, same cause of death, 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out if a person dies from one drink in a bottle, there is plenty of booze left. Plenty for someone else to drink it but they do not die.

The bottle will then be refilled with one drink gone? Refilled with good or bad booze? Bad booze but it does not kill the next person?
There is also the chance that the switchers (say a maid working in conjunction with others) may hear of the sudden hospitalization(s) in grave condition.

They then get worried and re sub the alcohol with either a cheap but safe generic substitute or even street alcohol made by somebody who knew what they were doing- at least somewhat.

I cannot see that an employee is doing this. Too many resorts. Maybe the employees are relatives or friends so that would explain the many resorts?

My guess is that substituting name brand "call" alcohol with either a generic brand "well" substitute or street alcohol is a fairly common stunt known to maids, bar tenders, bar managers etc. at resorts all over the Carribean.

More senior people are probably aware of it in general terms, but may have a "dont ask, dont tell" policy so long as there is minimum disruption and profits are good from the bars. Some Executive managers may even order the switching themselves. Others may just tacitly accept it.

In either case, my guess is that there are many "midnight bottlers" at work in different resorts and working with varying degrees of skill and with varying substitutes. Thus, some victims get sick, others are killed and still others given subbed but safe alternatives just gag a little.

BINGO ! HR Resorts has a $$$$ USD billion empire to control. Rather than rage and protest until the inevitable disclcosure of poisoning, they've chosen to get out ahead of all of this, hoping this will shut down the negative publicity. They must have had a significant drop in bookings.

Now for the results of the toxicology tests to be revealed and the further scam that the DR Medical Examiner, the hospitals, and the DR funerary business are all parties to.

There had to be substantial collusion by the above to keep these deaths from being identified as poisonings.

This would be called fraud and negligent homicide. And we will find it at all levels in this government and then what will we do?

People want a cheap vacation and DR seems to provide it.

"Round up the usual suspects?"
YES.

I totally agree with every word.

And I think they will round up the usuals, put on a show that the problem is solved.....and then it will all happen again.

jmo

Last edited:
So multiple unexplained deaths and serious illnesses didn't get their attention, but a drop in revenue did !

Buyer beware.

There is a good reason I will never ever stay in a Hard Rock property or other AI and I certainly will never visit DR.
I love AI resorts, but I probably wouldn't do Hard Rock and probably wont ever go to D.R. We've been to Sandals Resorts on several islands and they are amazing.

Can't go wrong there. Try the Bahamas too. Very safe and friendly.

Did you read about the Bahamas? Oh oh.

Some of the incidents happen anywhere. The stealing from rental cars or hotel rooms or the beach.

But the armed robberies and sexual assaults. Are those happening in the US, too in resort areas?

Did you read about the Bahamas? Oh oh.

Some of the incidents happen anywhere. The stealing from rental cars or hotel rooms or the beach.

But the armed robberies and sexual assaults. Are those happening in the US, too in resort areas?
The times we were there, it was very low crime. But that has been a couple years. I had heard that things had changed a bit lately.

Nice to know, PrairieWind

I think I'll just stick to Hawaii

I loved Hawaii but it’s a 22 hour trek for us from the UK. The jet lag when we arrived was actually fine but when we got home it was like I was dead for 2 weeks afterwards. It’s was also such a clean place to visit but super expensive and my sunburn I have never experienced anything like it. My pale white English skin had never felt Sun like it and I still have Not experienced anything hotter in the last 4 years.

I would say their tourism business is going to be gone for awhile.

This will be a negative spiral. No money for maintenance so the resorts will fall apart.

If there was monkey business with booze, those people will have a huge issue for destroying tourism

If there was monkey business with booze, those people will have a huge issue for destroying tourism
Saying that the source of the deaths is alcohol substitutions, why only the Dominican Republic?

Every country in the Carribean, including Haiti, has a tourism industry. All of the independent nations would have the same economic levels and lax attitudes that would support "mid night bottlers" switching alcohol with not just generic brands, but street alcohol as well. Yet, only the Dominican Republic has had a rash of known deaths.

Have other nations also had similar deaths? Are they being covered up? Or, do they rigorously shut down mid night bottlers? I can see midnight bottlers in US and European over seas territorial possessions only doing generic brand sub outs due to better economic conditions, but the other nations would seem to have a street alcohol sub out practice as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member