Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUN 26, 2019
https://ksltv.com/416742/social-med...as-seeking-mutually-beneficial-relationships/
[...]

Two comments to a social media post sent anonymously to a private investigator and subsequently forwarded to the creators of a Utah missing persons and cold cases podcast suggested Mackenzie Lueck had been seeking “sugar daddy”-type relationships with older men.

“Try Tinder and be blunt about it,” read one comment, which appeared to have been authored by an account belonging to Lueck.

“Mine says ‘I want a SD/SB relationship with a real connection.’ If don’t know what a SD/SB is, tell them bluntly sugar daddy and sugar baby. But if they don’t know, they aren’t really worth your time. Set (your) age preference from 35+. You’ll have the most luck there. Private message me, if you have more questions! I have experience.”

“I have some experience on seeking arrangements, online only, tinder, and currently have two lol,” read the second comment, which had a time stamp suggesting it was 12 weeks old.

Other screens obtained by private investigator Jason Jensen showed a Seeking Arrangement profile with what appeared to be an image of Lueck.

It noted that the woman featured in the profile was from California, in Utah for school and graduating in kinesiology in Spring 2020, while mentioning that she was seeking a “mutually beneficial” relationship.

[...]
So this confirms what everyone has been speculating.

She was involved in those sorts of relationships.

#1 She didn't care if anybody knew, she was posting with her own name. That is a little risky and some might say reckless. That might be good news however in that she likely didn't have a burner phone and there are likely records of her contacts/relationships.

#2 What might cause you to meet someone in a park at 3:00am that you would want to do more than sleep, more than see your cat, more than get some rest for your exam...

#3 I am going to go out on a limb and say that this was not pre-planned before she left from LA. That means sometime between 1:35 when she landed, and 2:42 when the lyft picked her up, someone texted or messaged her where to meet, left their residence, and got to the park. If they didn't want to be at the airport to pick her up then they didn't want to sit in a parking lot for 30 minutes either so they were close enough to time it just about right.

I don't find it odd but I do find it interesting, because I agree. Her parents don't seem very concerned and maybe that is in itself a clue (of course they could be freaking out and just not doing so publicly). But they know their daughter, presumably. Maybe they know she was ready to run off and do something else with her life. Have you ever been around people who express a desire to do that? Even off-handedly, they'll say "I wish I didn't have to work and could just be independently wealthy and live on the beach" or something. Well, maybe she's one of those people but she meant it.
I don’t know if it’s been stated if the parents cannot or choose not to travel. It’s been stated that mom has an in-home daycare business. Do they have young children?

I find it odd that the parents are not going to UT. I also find it odd that the parents haven’t made any plea for her. Makes me think they strongly feel she is ok and chose to be out of touch. Since the beginning, I’ve wondered why she wouldn’t have texted that she got home safely once she was actually home. I know it is common to text or call someone once you land at a location, but she was then starting probably the most dangerous part of her night as a single girl riding home with a stranger. If she were my daughter, I’d want her to text again when she got home. All of this together makes me wonder if maybe there was an argument with the parents prior to heading back to UT. It would make it more understandable as to why the parents wouldn’t expect to hear from her during week and why they might feel she isn’t in UT anymore.

Maybe she told her parents that one of her friends was picking her up.

Tiffany Justice on Twitter
Last images of #MackenzieLueck at the Airport. The FBI now joining the search. Last seen at Hatch Park, in North Salt Lake- Lueck lived in Salt Lake City. @KUTV2News
D9_hkQ6U4AA6b3g.jpg

D9_hkQ6U0AAQ0uQ.jpg

7:57 AM - 26 Jun 2019 from North Salt Lake, UT

TIP LINE: 801-799-4420

JUN 26, 2019
Where is Mackenzie Lueck? What we know after 8 days
[...]

Cameras that might have captured critical clues at the park aren’t cameras at all, according to city manager Ken Leetham.

“This park’s right on a main street, it’s right near the police station, and so it gets a lot of attention. A lot of eyes are on this park,” added Leetham.

But at 3 a.m.? Likely very empty, said Leetham.

Those who live nearby say police have been patrolling their neighborhood visibly over the past few days, including asking those nearby for surveillance footage.

[...]

Her phone or SM/ Dating apps would have to (hopefully) give some leads. I’m thinking it’s possible her plane arrived late. 1:35am is later than any plane I could find coming from California. I checked LAX, San Diego, Orange County and Burbank. All closest airports to her parents. They all have flights to SLC, the latest arriving near or just after midnight. Scheduling a Lyft and arranging a pickup at the park has to have some digital trail. Especially if she did arrive at the airport later than scheduled. Jmo.
Her flight landed at 1:58 AM and the gate arrival time was 2:05 AM. Should be Southwest Airlines 3235.
Southwest (WN) #3235 ✈ 16-Jun-2019 ✈ KLAX - KSLC ✈ FlightAware

I know this has been mentioned in previous threads and cases, but it's worth remembering the role that a profound loss (ML's grandmother) can have in decision-making, especially at certain times of life. It can seem to draw a line under a time of life, can force reconsideration of where one is headed, the worth of particular aims and paths, and introduce the possibility of a radical, spontaneous change in direction.

To someone who is experiencing loss and grief in this way, the palatability of an encounter or decision can be much greater -- it isn't a bad decision, but "fate" intervening, and what might have seemed reckless or foolish can be suddenly enticing, even logical.

I'm not suggesting any particular sequence of events, just that ML's state of mind might have led her away from behaving in line with the expectations of even close friends, family etc. Previous behaviour, even when longstanding, isn't always predictive at such times. This might explain a greater acceptance of risk, and even a reluctance to reconsider a decision already underway, which then led to one of the several possible outcomes discussed here.

Just IMO, although a fair bit of my professional research is in this area. I've both experienced and studied these phenomena over the past few years.

Did she possibly meet up with a SD whilst in LA? She posted a SnapChat video from the Ritz Carlton when she was out on the west coast. Maybe a UT SD saw this and got jealous, maybe texting her and fuming. Perhaps she wanted to meet with him as soon as she got back to UT to try and diffuse the situation.

Someone else said it too, but it appears to me that her eyes are swollen, like she may have been crying. Also, it may be way off, but when I first looked at that photo, it almost looks like she has 2 phones in her hand - I may be seeing things since we are talking about another possible phone...
Here's another plausible theory (if she has severe allergies). If she had an allergic reaction to a food she may lose the ability to breathe. If she's with a guy who doesn't want the relationship known he could have tried to hide her body.

edit - I bet they are in contact with the POI and if not nefarious he is cooperating. PC's would slow down and the case would be worked on details and family matters until they are ready to disclose the full info.

I have not read this entire thread yet, but I am aware of ML's SD/SB stuff, and it's always a possibility this SD offered something she really wanted more than school.
Like a trip around the world and a proposal. IE a ring.
I know it isn't common for those relationships to cross those lines, but it can happen. ML was NOT a stripper or exotic dancer, but I have also known plenty of them that went on to successfully and happily marry men they met in their occupation.
That's the best case scenario for her IMO.
On the other hand, it's obvious that she isn't in contact with anyone to let them know she is safe.
So no longer voluntary on her part.
Just thinking outloud. There could have been a huge argument, or an accident, and it wasn't reported and she isn't with us anymore. :(
Or maybe they are both missing, which I highly doubt.
She could have been involuntary drugged without her knowing it.
I know lots of women who have sugar daddies.
It's been around forever, just not always referred to in that way.
Even older women have them.
Hoping LE is getting a full dump of her complete cell phone right now, though I also think she could have 2 phones.
MacKenzie where are you?
Chi (no stigmas in my world)

Last edited:
So this confirms what everyone has been speculating.

She was involved in those sorts of relationships.

#1 She didn't care if anybody knew, she was posting with her own name. That is a little risky and some might say reckless. That might be good news however in that she likely didn't have a burner phone and there are likely records of her contacts/relationships.

#2 What might cause you to meet someone in a park at 3:00am that you would want to do more than sleep, more than see your cat, more than get some rest for your exam...

#3 I am going to go out on a limb and say that this was not pre-planned before she left from LA. That means sometime between 1:35 when she landed, and 2:42 when the lyft picked her up, someone texted or messaged her where to meet, left their residence, and got to the park. If they didn't want to be at the airport to pick her up then they didn't want to sit in a parking lot for 30 minutes either so they were close enough to time it just about right.

I disagree. MOO but I think it was planned in advance. I think either she or the mystery person demanded to discuss something immediately and in person and things went poorly. I think maybe the person found out she was seeing other people and flipped out, or there was a pregnancy scare or something and the mystery person made ML disappear. I don’t think it was a premeditated murder and s/he just got super lucky that so much time passed before anyone reported ML missing.

Here's another plausible theory (if she has severe allergies). If she had an allergic reaction to a food she may lose the ability to breathe. If she's with a guy who doesn't want the relationship known he could have tried to hide her body.

edit - I bet they are in contact with the POI and if not nefarious he is cooperating. PC's would slow down and the case would be worked on details and family matters until they are ready to disclose the full info.

An accident of some sort is a possibility. I don't think we know enough to know that, let alone know if it was an allergy.

Yes, it concerns me too. Greatly.

If all this is correct, ML had at least two SD's as of 12 weeks ago. No telling how long she had been with them or if she has upped that number.

If she met one of them at the park...Is he married? Did they get caught? Did she try to break up with him? Did they argue/fight, did he pressure her for sex and she refused...?

I hold out hope that LE uncovers their communications. MOO
Good morning! Was it in the PC or somewhere else that states she was wearing a shirt with a peace sign or something to that affect on it? I tried to go back and look, but I know how quick you are at finding / remembering these details lol
I may be thinking about another case... do you recall? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member