The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my children are gay that's fine by me: Prince William says he would fully support his children over their sexuality as he opens up on the topic for first time on a London charity visit

Prince William is all smiles as he arrives at a LGBTQ youth homelessness charity in London | Daily Mail Online

I’ve wondered what would happen if the heir to the throne was LGBTQ. Obviously they could have a child via surrogate with their husband or wife but I don’t know how that would work with the Monarchy.

Royal Family Resemblance. Of course this isn't unique to the Royal Family, relatives that share DNA share physical features. Sometimes lots, sometimes few.
I agree that Charlotte looks very much like Kitty Spencer and Princess Diana during the preschool years.
Prince Charles and William along with Lord Federick windor (the nose and brow). Didn't realize how much William looks like Charles with the red/auburn beard.

Royals and their lookalike relatives – from Princess Charlotte to Princess Diana
upload_2019-6-26_9-8-48.png

Royal Family Resemblance. Of course this isn't unique to the Royal Family, relatives that share DNA share physical features. Sometimes lots, sometimes few.
I agree that Charlotte looks very much like Kitty Spencer and Princess Diana during the preschool years.
Prince Charles and William along with Lord Federick windor (the nose and brow). Didn't realize how much William looks like Charles with the red/auburn beard.

Royals and their lookalike relatives – from Princess Charlotte to Princess Diana
View attachment 190710

This is the only one that really stands out, to me.
BC456F22-F427-4055-B9F3-1D42F2A526B3.jpeg

Yes this is Winston. Thank you very much @Keine Engel his name suits him as he is a Persian and spoiled rotten...
I could loan Winston to Her Majesty for a while I’m sure he would fit right in at Buckingham Palace.
Aww... they're both adorable!

I must confess... :oops:
I've had a soft spot for Winston for a long time

giphy.gif

I'm sure in time they'll become BFFs

BBM ^ I have no doubt Winston would fit in at the Palace only... a bit more like this 》 ;)

20190626_172355-png.190734

:D
20190626_173437-jpg.190733

Attachments

• 20190626_173437.jpg
    20190626_173437.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190626_172355.png
    20190626_172355.png
    345.6 KB · Views: 104
It looks quite modest

I think a significant part of the renovation expense was the home's basic infrastructure - heating, plumbing, etc. and the soundproofing of the house that is in a major flight path. Frogmore Cottage does not appear to be as externally ostentatious as other royal properties.

It looks quite modest
;)*"Fixtures, fittings and furnishings at the Victorian-era structure were paid for by the royal couple."*

"The property had not been the subject of work for some years and had already been earmarked for renovation in line with our responsibility to maintain the condition of the occupied royal palaces estate,"

The actual cottage IS of historical importance and desperately needed renovation work. It was planned already & would have been done eventually.

It's clear from pictures the cottage was in a bad state of repair.

Frogmore Cottage had some famous residents long before Harry and Meghan
Who lived in a house like this?
gettyimages-1141683793.jpg

Built in 1792, Frogmore Cottage, on the Windsor estate
...the house has an interesting history of former residents...

The beginnings of Frogmore Cottage go back to the reign of King George III when his wife, Queen Charlotte, wanted it built in 1792 as an escape for her and her daughters from the pressures of the palace.

gettyimages-464443479.jpg

QUEEN CHARLOTTE OF MECKLENBURG-STRELITZ, WIFE OF KING GEORGE III OF ENGLAND' 1773.
According to historians, it wasn’t just used as a refuge for Charlotte and her daughters from court, some say that Frogmore Cottage was an escape for the family from King George’s angry rages...

queen_victoria_and_her_indian_servant_abdul_karim_in_1893.jpg

QUEEN VICTORIA AND ABDUL KARIM, 1893
Abdul Karim, was one of two Indians selected to become servants to the Queen in 1887, the year of her Golden Jubilee.

The 24-year-old became a hit with Victoria, and it wasn’t long before she gave him the title of ‘Munshi’ (meaning teacher), presenting him with numerous honours and gifts, including the use of Frogmore Cottage, where she visited him almost daily...

gettyimages-820862274.jpg

GRAND DUCHESS XENIA ALEXANDROVNA OF RUSSIA, SISTER OF TSAR NICHOLAS II, WITH HER CHILDREN IRINA AND ANDREI. RUSSIA, 1897
In 1918, after the Bolsheviks brutally murdered Tsar Nicholas II and his family, the surviving members sought refuge and their relative King George V sent a warship to Russia to bring them to the UK.
One of the family members was the King’s cousin, Grand Duchess Xenia Alexandrovna, and her children, who after living independently for a while, eventually ran out of money and so in 1925, were put up at Frogmore Cottage by the King, along with several of her sons and their families.

..the house soon began to fall into disrepair, the house was falling apart, quite literally.

After his death in 1936, his son, King Edward VIII, gave the Xenia and her family a new home to live in, Wilderness House, in the grounds of Hampton Court.

Frogmore Cottage's other famous residents | Tatler

Queen Elizabeth gives photography patronage to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge

After 67 years, Queen Elizabeth is handing over the photography patronage to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge who is formerly known as Kate Middleton.

In a report by CNN, the Duchess is described as a keen photographer and celebrated this honor by attending a photography workshop run collectively by the Royal Photographic Society and the charity Action for Children.

The Queen has been a patron since 1952, and was happy to pass this on to Catherine....

Well I just fell down a rabbit hole on YouTube! Thanks @Keine Engel :D:p (I mean that in a very good special way ❤️)

and came across this doc that I had forgotten about
I actually own it on VHS haha

Thought I share as I love it, gives some behind the scenes of them as a family once upon a time

And also a very interesting look on how intensive it is to book engagements, scheduling etc, the staff, all of it

I'm in the middle of watching this, thank you for the link! Have never seen it before but wow...it really gives you the up close and personal look at what it takes to get the royals on the walk abouts and state visits and appearances. For those who say what the royals do isn't work need to see this. Tons of prep work, reading, learning, memorising information has to be done by the royal before these effortless looking appearances. They are not effortless in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member