Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean?

It's just truly MHO, Muddy, starting with Lyft dropping her off in a park around 3am. From there we are going off in 90 (exaggeration) different directions that go from bad to worse, with a possibility she just went off the grid.
Sorry, but I sincerely believe even LE needs a better direction. Nothing against them! They're doing the best they can with what they have. But IMHO, until there is a better direction, that clock is ticking and clues may be lost in the process.
MOO, MOO

i wonder if the encounter started out fine but something was slipped into her drink and she had a bad reaction to it and died. Then a panicked disposal of her body ensued.
Seems LE needs to get a lead on who she met. It is hard for me to think she had a life so secret that NO ONE had any inkling about it.

Jason Nguyen on Twitter

ABC4 News did a story this morning saying they have gone through her phone records and bank account and this hasn't as of yet given them any leads in the case. They also said the cameras in and around the park, even the working ones, did not help them identify the make and model of the vehicle.

They are asking that anyone that may know the following information contact the SLCPD tip line:

-Make or model of the vehicle she was picked up in.
-Name or description of the person who picked her up.
-Any of her social media accounts they may not be aware of.

They have served warrants on many of her accounts already but they have yet to yield any valuable information.

How frustrating. It sounds they have the vehicle on camera but for whatever reason (too far away, too pixelated, etc, etc) they can't get any information from it.

Hi all, I am just peeking in here and have not read back through all the posts. I caught a LEO on Fox this morning that was saying that if she is out there they would like her to contact local PD or them just to let them know she is safe, etc. I got the impression that they think there is a possibility she doesn't want to be found? I only caught the end of it, I recalled seeing her name on the banner at the top of WS, so had to come and see what you all think.

Either the cops are being coy saying they have absolutely nothing from her phone so far or she definitely had a burner phone for this type of activity. Although having a burner phone doesn't make a ton of sense because she was open about the SD/SB stuff on her other public facebook accounts and her secondary Instagram that she followed with her first account. I'm thinking the cops know more than they are letting on in order to not spook the suspect and give him a false sense of security hoping he makes a mistake.

EDIT: another possibility with the burner phone is she actually wanted to disappear with this person. Which I really don't see being likely but we have to keep everything on the table at this point with the limited facts we are given.

Just trying to look at this from a different angle. Having a burner phone would make it exponentially harder for them to track down who she arranged the meet up and I honestly don't think she has one but if she does it is going to be a huge struggle for cops.

I've been focusing on a different case for the last day or so, so pardon me if these questions were already answered:

Do we know if KL was in any non-SD/SB relationships at the time of her disappearance, or was she only looking for a SD?
Where was she staying when she was in California, and with whom? Did she have a SD located in the LA area?
What was the nature of the "mutually beneficial" SD/SB relationships KL was allegedly in? W/married men, etc?

These are good questions. To the best of my knowledge we do not know if she was in any traditional relationships with men (ie not a sugar relationship). We also do not know the extent of the exchanges taking place in any of her sugar relationship- though MANY people are speculating and alluding to things with no biases. I suggest keeping it as tame as possible because we have no idea what her exchanges were or the terms she made any agreements under. We also have lots of speculation that SDs are married- we also do not have solid evidence of this for Kenzie. While SDs are sometimes married, especially in the geographic area Kenzie is- this is NOT always the case.

Last edited:
I wonder if ML wore a fitbit or an Apple Watch?

We know from the Mollie Tibbets case that her Fitbit information was used to help LE. Any device or app with a GPS tracker would be helpful too.
the images are so grainy but I'm not seeing a fitbit but she does have long sleeves, don't they usually slide down the wrist a bit when you are picking up luggage or are they tight fitting?
  • It’s now day 9 since anyone has seen or heard from #MackenzieLueck.
    @slcpd using multiple tools to search for her including these images of her at the airport on June 17th. The latest on the investigation
    @KSL5TV

Where did this description of her clothing come from - she wasn't wearing this attire from the footage at the airport?
I don't think we know who provided the clothing description. Possibly her parents? I think it's close though (to what she was wearing in the airport photos). I'd say those are yoga pants and not leggings from what I can tell. It could be that whoever gave the description didn't know the difference. MOO

Pregnancy scare sounds feasible. Most dangerous time for a woman. Especially in these situations. SDSB, or non exclusive, married man. Etc

It doesn’t even have to be a SD/SB sort of thing for it to be dangerous (especially considering most aren’t sexual at all) so that part may not be a factor. Just because she did that doesn’t mean she didn’t also date in more conventional ways.

Plenty of men kill their pregnant girlfriends or someone they had a one night stand with simply because they don’t want a baby. This guy could have just been a regular relationship / FWB / whatever and maybe he was married and didn’t want to be caught? Maybe he has a career or reputation he thought would be trashed if he was caught cheating with a college student he knocked up.

You never know. But this has so many parallels to Heather Elvis so I can’t help but think it factored in.

An accident of some sort is a possibility. I don't think we know enough to know that, let alone know if it was an allergy.
Certainly we don't know fur sure, just speculation, but her eyes were puffy for sure in that photo. A number of non-nefarious things could have happened to her and what happened afterwards could have been poor decision making by the last one with her.

Normally I would agree, but a funeral/death in the family situation is one of few where that wouldn't inherently concern me if I were a roommate.

Those are fluid situations, easily subject to change timing-wise, plus if attempts at contact were not returned one could easily assume the person was already being inundated with well-wishes, etc and/or just did not want to talk, and it would be totally understandable.

Unfortunately this seems to have worked out really well for whoever is responsible (if anybody, but I believe somebody is). They were extremely, extremely lucky.

But if, in theory, she told her friends she was coming back later that same day, like I suspect she did, I wonder why they didn’t reach out to see why she didn’t. We often will hear that so and so texted or called and never got a response. When you factor in exams at school, it becomes less fluid especially in a summer course which is on an accelerated schedule. I don’t know. Maybe her roommates are used to her not following through? It’s hard to say for sure. Maybe I worry too much about my friends because of a friend didn’t return the day they said they would I would have called their parents.

Has anyone found her profile on Seeking Arrangements?

I did, although the site/app now is called Seeking.com. I found it Monday night, made a few screenshots and copied and saved the URL for her page. But when I went back Tuesday morning, I could no longer find it, and when I put the URL directly into the browser, it said "Profile Not Available," adding that the member might have deactivated the account or been suspended. I won't speculate on how that might have happened.

One thing I find mildly interesting, is how massive her checked bag was. This has my wheels turning as to why so big, although I realize some people pack HEAVY. This was just a weekend trip.

This also gives us a clue as to the interaction between either she and the Lyft driver or all three: POI, ML, LD. She couldn't have just popped out of the Lyft and hopped over to the waiting vehicle. There were serious ride share logistics involved. I'm sure the driver even got out to help her... I would very much like to learn what the driver saw in detail. And I would love to question the driver.
Think her bag could have been so big because she would be finishing school soon and was transporting belongings she had here in Utah back home to California since she had to go home anyways. It may not have been full for the return flight to Utah.

I did, although the site/app now is called Seeking.com. I found it Monday night, made a few screenshots and copied and saved the URL for her page. But when I went back Tuesday morning, I could no longer find it, and when I put the URL directly into the browser, it said "Profile Not Available," adding that the member might have deactivated the account or been suspended. I won't speculate on how that might have happened.

If it is part of an active criminal investigation it is possible it was pulled from the site for LE reasons and to keep it from being flooded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303