Found Deceased VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree that it's unlikely the kids slept for 10 hours straight. But I think it's possible mom, with a drug history, or dad even, passed out. Kids could've woken up, needed something, but are unable to rouse the parents.

Just another possibility. Neglectful for sure, and horrible, but doesn't mean they purposely and intentionally harmed Noah or disposed of his body somewhere.

Haven’t had much time this week to post on WS but have been reading along to this case. This is a trailor home. Can’t be that big. Anyone have insite to where the bedrooms would be located and how many there are? I would think these kids would be doubled up. If there is a 7 year old in the home. They likely have some info...i’m Not buying the time line. One or all of these kids were awake and about by 11:30am. So i’m Wondering if the parents were even home between 1am and 11:30am.

Two children, two adults injured after Buckroe Beach shooting

This happened Saturday night at the Pier. Noah went missing not long after. This shooting case is also a a big deal here and not being talked about. This 12 year old in the hospital is a good kid who was just playing on the playground. They have no idea who the shooter is. These were kids and families playing at the beach and the playground. It was super sad. Where Noah lives is literally a couple blocks and I mean easy walking blocks from where this happened. My husband and I went down to the staging area last night to see everyone before his shift this morning. We were thinking about how strange these events were closely related in time and proximity.

I have tried to post the link above. Sorry guys if it didn't work. Still trying to get the links added correctly.

Apologies if I'm judging prematurely ... but so many cases of "...We went to sleep and the next morning/afternoon our child was gone..."

Cases that have been solved , and some that have not.
Lisa Irwin and Ayla Reynolds come to mind.

In Noah's disappearance (as in some others) a very long time seems to elapse between when the child went to sleep and when the adults noticed the child missing.
My kids were good sleepers but woke fairly early , and rarely past 6 am.
Then they need changing (if in pull-ups) , breakfast, etc., etc.
Morning routines can be hectic.

Suspicious when the child wasn't noticed 'missing' until later in the day.
It can certainly happen that a complete stranger off the street walks into a house and carries out a child-- but I believe it's a rare occurrence.
Imo.

Niko Clemmons 13News Now‏Verified account @13nikoclemmons

DAY 3: @HamptonVAPolice still investigating the disappearance of 2-year-old Noah Tomlin. Chief Sult expected to speak to the media at noon. #13NewsNow

D9_1Xx3W4AA91Ce.jpg

D9_1Xx1XsAAE47b.jpg

Niko Clemmons 13News Now on Twitter

So many questions here, my main one being what other children were in that house the night Noah went missing. If none then I think Noah has been missing for longer than 3 days. I think if Noah took off on his own he would have been found by now. He's two. Even without any sort of disability or set back, he couldn't have gone very far. Would love to know the last time he was seen by someone who doesn't live in that house. The other kids may be too scared to speak up or tell the truth. I hope they drug tested the parents, I wonder if they were able to do that while they were questioning them? Interesting they've been released but definitely not the first time we've seen that.
Oh I'm so sick of these babies being disposed of like trash. Poor 6 year old Duke Flores in California, searchers have been looking for him in a landfill for two months. They finally had to end the search on Friday. Truly heartbreaking
25 minutes until PC

My SAR team is 100% volunteer and 100% self-supported. We get money from membership dues, individual and corporate donations. Zero taxpayer dollars. We volunteers take care of our own meals, unless an auxiliary or church group steps up during a big search and serves food, which happens. Hotels? Sometimes the group will cover, or work something out with a local hotel, depending on the situation. More often, we're sleeping in our uniforms in fire stations, armories or in our cars. If it's wilderness, we might have a place for a tent. We pay 100% for our own personal equipment, and the team pays for some expensive shared rescue and training equipment. I just wanted to paint that picture for you -- not all SAR groups cost taxpayer dollars, and all volunteer groups that I know of in the mid-Atlantic are structured this way.

And yes, I do take it personally when these resources are squandered because someone didn't tell the truth about how someone ended up missing. When dozens of SAR volunteers abandon their jobs, spend gas/food/lodging money and risk their lives to find a kid for several days, only to find that the parent disposed of the child, or something similar, yes, I take it personally. I know I'm not supposed to -- I volunteered for this, it's part of the reality of the service that we provide, but I do. And yes, I would support something in sentencing to repay those agencies and volunteers.

Has anyone ever run statistics on resolved cases here? I'd really like to see the percentage of cases where the responsible party is the one who reported the victim(s) missing, vs outsiders and unknown.

Sorry, rant over.
Nothing wrong with your rant, helpfulcharlie! Same here -- I am not on a SAR team, but a good friend of mine is. I know that SAR teams pay their own way, etc., and do not receive tax-dollar money.
My rant was/is the cost of most of the other organizations who do participate in this type thing. Local, county, state and federal search and rescue teams, drones, K-9 units, etc., etc., are all paid by our tax dollars. Again, I am all for thorough searches, and so many times those searches are fruitful with both good the very worst results. And certainly local volunteers will perform searches if needed.
When there is a false report of kidnapping or disappearance from the very beginning, and the child is found to be dead at the hands of the caretakers who reported the child missing, it just angers me greatly.
We have seen the dedication of LE of all levels, neighbors, volunteer searchers, SAR teams, etc., and their presence and energies have been outstanding.

So many questions here, my main one being what other children were in that house the night Noah went missing. If none then I think Noah has been missing for longer than 3 days. I think if Noah took off on his own he would have been found by now. He's two. Even without any sort of disability or set back, he couldn't have gone very far. Would love to know the last time he was seen by someone who doesn't live in that house. The other kids may be too scared to speak up or tell the truth. I hope they drug tested the parents, I wonder if they were able to do that while they were questioning them? Interesting they've been released but definitely not the first time we've seen that.
Oh I'm so sick of these babies being disposed of like trash. Poor 6 year old Duke Flores in California, searchers have been looking for him in a landfill for two months. They finally had to end the search on Friday. Truly heartbreaking
25 minutes until PC
BBM

Good point.
I've wondered the same-- in other cases here at WS.
And if the parents or adults living in that residence 'bristle' at such questions, well that's just too bad.
A toddler is missing and could be in danger !

I hope they (LE) have checked under the house. Mobile homes have underpinning of some type (some are brick, some are metal panels) with access doors for accessing pipes, vents, etc. I hope they've checked UNDER the house and not just in it.

I hate to be morbid, but it needs to be checked.

From the PC
Chief- what we know today hasn't changed much
Mom checked on Noah at 11-11:15 am and saw he was gone, called LE around 11:30
They have checked under houses, sheds, everywhere in the area
Searching the landfill today but they have not received any specific info that he's there, just based on past investigations this is the next phase in searching for a MP
Might do an update later with more info on the investigation
Local, state, and federal investigators are all involved
FBI is involved

Water, sonar searches, marsh searches, drone searches + searches on foot
Now taking questions- I can't really hear questions
Sounds like there are some posts on the Next Door ap (??) that are of interest- LE is aware
Noah was not very mobile- could only take a few steps before falling

Did drone video very early on of the landfill so they could get a benchmark of where the trash was, also made sure to note where the trash from this area was being dumped so they would know where to search once/if the time came
Searching out of state as well
Looking into every scenario, even someone who wanted to care for the child and took him
PC over

Did I hear that last part correctly??? Is he basically admitting Noah's living situation was awful and someone potentially took it into their own hands to "rescue" Noah??

Something along the "well being" or knew of the child, yes. This is why their search has extended to out of state....to check if any of those people have him. Equally investigating all possibilities (paraphrasing pc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam