Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of thoughts this morning.

1. I initially thought that it was odd that her parents had not gone to SLC. Now, I don't really think it's odd. Maybe LE told them to stay as there was really nothing they could do. There are no searches to be present at or help organize because no one even knows where to search. It is clear to me (maybe not others), but wherever ML is, she's not in the park. She is lone gone from there so where do you start? What's the point of her parents being there? What are they going to do? I'm not second guessing this anymore.

2. Occam's Razor. What is the most simple explanation of what happened without all the sensationalism of whatever type of relationships ML preferred? To me, a date went bad. Probably very bad. The last person to see ML was the driver of the other vehicle. He/She has not come forward therefore that puts that person front and center in the disappearance. That person is most likely involved and responsible. The why's and the how's will hopefully be answered somehow at sometime I hope but right now we are going to have to wait.

3. ML's phone and social media information will lead LE where they need to go. Until LE has all that information, they won't be knocking on doors or doing searches. They desperately need the digital and cellular information to move forward unless friends and/or family know more than what is being reported and are helping LE fill in the gaps. BTW, I believe they do know more about ML's behaviour and relationships, quirks, etc.

At his juncture, it's all about social media and cell phone info unless a really good tip comes rolling in.

MOO

I agree with this post.
Many times the simple explanation is reality.
As for her parents, it's possible that the parents are besides themselves with worry and they can't believe she got into this mess. Meaning, they are hoping and praying that she is just "away" and will be coming back soon. Here is hoping with them that this is true.

Another thing, is it possible that her flight got delay and this person was in fact waiting for her at the airport. But maybe she was unsure of when it was going to get in. So she just told them at the last minute and they arranged at that time to meet at the park. I am really hoping she is somewhere, safe. I know, wishful thinking.

Gated communities usually have several entrances. One is manned 24/7 (just call the gatehouse and leave visitor’s name and approx time of arrival), others have scan capability for QR codes you email to your visitors or a keypad that they enter a specific code on to open the gate arm. If that were the case, the person wouldn’t have to meet her at another location to give her access.

Unless that person lives with someone, has nosey neighbors or doesn’t want to bring a SB into his or her her home.
jmo

Question for anyone local, as I haven’t seen any mention of search parties orchestrated by LE. I know her sorority sisters have posted signs etc but I’m really surprised LE hasn’t begun canvassing the area with dogs, etc. Regardless of lack of evidence, this seems to be SOP after day 5’ish. There was hearsay of LE knocking on doors at an apartment complex near the park but that’s the only thing I’ve heard.

If you’re local, have you noticed or heard of police presence in a “searching” capacity. It may be a waste of time but if this were my daughter, sister, friend, I would be physically searching. Why isn’t anyone? I totally respect allowing LE to do their job and to not impede but I would HAVE to do something!

• We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to meeting national security or law enforcement requirements;
^^Seeking Arrangements Privacy Policy^^

https://www.seeking.com/privacy

There's speculation that the SA profile has been taken down which makes me hope that maybe it is being accessed by LE.

This seems particularly alarming, especially taking into account the previous discussion of her having 2 SD's 12 weeks ago.

She may have only had that site for a few weeks but if you look at her Facebook post she said her best luck with SD's had come from Tinder. The fact that she was comfortable meeting this guy in this location at that time tells me she probably knew him for awhile and had more than likely met up with him in person before with no issues.

I can imagine, since 9/11, that such things like in-flight use of wi-fi is logged and kept for some period of time. From such records they should be able to identify her phone and isolate the records for her usage. They should be able to use the IP address destinations of any data send/receive and be able to identify the App being used. From that a warrant to the App company should allow them to find out the user on the other side of any communications and the ip address for that user's device. From there they should be able to work that backwards to where that device was. If they keep working it back there is a more than reasonable chance of identifying the other party.

This would take some time to do since it would involve several warrants, one after the other.

The same process can be applied to the airport wi-fi - SLC, LAX or both.

I’m betting this is happening behind the scenes, if it’s possible.

For me - Something or someone was really important to go meet at 3am in a dark deserted park after a night flight lugging my checked suitcase.

I would have been in comfy clothes with no makeup - ready for my own bed. Not up for meeting someone without at least a quick shower and freshen up my makeup.

How far is the park from where she lived?

~ 20 minute drive

Think her bag could have been so big because she would be finishing school soon and was transporting belongings she had here in Utah back home to California since she had to go home anyways. It may not have been full for the return flight to Utah.

I’d assume she wasn’t moving back after summer term, since usually it’s just a short time between summer and fall starting up. Do we know she was definitely moving back?

Anyone who was in one of these relationshipsn with or had even just “liked” her profile really should contact LE to get their information & alibis out there.

I think that things will move along much faster now that FBI is involved & there is access to her phone & social media info.

As someone said threads ago - I think she had rendezvoused before in that park before with the same person & that’s why she did not appear anxious or uncomfortable.

Plus, there are lots of very expensive and gated homes east of that area, so the park might actually be quite close to the perps domicile.
Yes, I hope all these people she had contact with are heading to the police station to provide their alibis. This will help narrow down the suspect list quite a bit.

Just based off how she's dressed here and it appears she has very little make up,when in many of her other photos it appear she normally wore some, I wouldn't think she would meet a sugar daddy looking this way. Makes me lean to someone she's known for a while and is very comfortable with.
She must have changed though because they were saying she was wearing a white tshirt with a peace symbol on it which is not what the airport pics show. Also, she could have taken 5 minutes in the bathroom or car to quick put some makeup/lip stick on.

For me - Something or someone was really important to go meet at 3am in a dark deserted park after a night flight lugging my checked suitcase.

I would have been in comfy clothes with no makeup - ready for my own bed. Not up for meeting someone without at least a quick shower and freshen up my makeup.

How far is the park from where she lived?

Maybe we’re barking up the wrong tree here? If she didn’t “freshen up” after her flight/before meeting someone, maybe the person is just a friend from school (albeit male or female) who offered her a friendly shoulder to cry on once she got back in town? Offering an ear to listen, cozy bed, ride home in the morning, who would refuse?

It also seems to me, based on the available information, the person she went to meet was someone with whom she has a relationship. How her dating lifestyle is defined doesn’t matter for this purpose. Regardless of how she met this person, it doesn’t preclude there being a very real relationship between them.

The fact that ML went to meet this person in the middle of the night after an emotional weekend and a flight delay makes me lean toward a relationship. That she went in “airplane clothes” and little make up makes me lean toward a relationship. I think many are baffled by how this may have started but in the end they may look very close to how any other couple might.

And just like many other stories on this forum, I fear that she has fallen victim to something done by an intimate partner.

Jmo.

Great post.

She must have changed though because they were saying she was wearing a white tshirt with a peace symbol on it which is not what the airport pics show. Also, she could have taken 5 minutes in the bathroom or car to quick put some makeup/lip stick on.
Airport pics show a hoodie, it could have been under it and she could've put the hoodie in her bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw