GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

Placing a body in the closet and hiding bloody couch cushions but then stating the victim left is indication of concealing and covering up a murder. I don’t see this case involving insanity however I suppose a self-defence scenario might be a possible defence for a couple of reasons - the victim was in TJs premises plus his prior criminal record, possible illegal drug use. It wouldn’t surprise me if a plea deal is in the works. The premeditation part over jealousy seems unlikely for me given TJ told the two girls in advance RM would be at his place that morning.

A lot of unanswered questions though - what was TJ’s stated reason for ousting the two girls out of the house by 7pm. Did SR know RM wasn’t coming straight home from work as she expected he would and if not, was he generally unreliable? Then RMs cellphone, nothing mentioned about that and was it found on his body or in his vehicle and what’s the timeline between him responding to calls and TJ driving the vehicle to his home? How long was TJ away from his house and where did he go after he was sighted by SR? With the assistance of any CCTV, LE must be able to establish a timeline.

Really fetched I know but what if TJ drove RMs vehicle back to his garage as RM’s restricted drivers licence had been revoked, others were also in TJs apartment during that time and TJ became the fall guy with all fingers pointed at him? The main reason I wonder this is because RM was facing possible six months jail time within only a few days and so he may’ve been considering offering incriminating info to LE regarding gang activity in exchange for his freedom. If TJ was aware of RM’s intentions, now facing a murder charge for killing his coworker would silence him too. JMO
Dont
Placing a body in the closet and hiding bloody couch cushions but then stating the victim left is indication of concealing and covering up a murder. I don’t see this case involving insanity however I suppose a self-defence scenario might be a possible defence for a couple of reasons - the victim was in TJs premises plus his prior criminal record, possible illegal drug use. It wouldn’t surprise me if a plea deal is in the works. The premeditation part over jealousy seems unlikely for me given TJ told the two girls in advance RM would be at his place that morning.

A lot of unanswered questions though - what was TJ’s stated reason for ousting the two girls out of the house by 7pm? Did SR know RM wasn’t coming straight home from work as she expected he would and if not, was he generally unreliable? Then RMs cellphone, nothing mentioned about that and was it found on his body or in his vehicle and what’s the timeline between him responding to calls or using his phone and TJ driving the vehicle to his home? How long was TJ away from his house and where did he go after he was sighted by SR? With the assistance of any CCTV, LE must be able to establish a solid timeline but what that might be, we don’t know.

Then really fetched —- but what if TJ drove RMs vehicle back to his garage as RM’s restricted drivers licence had been revoked, others were also in TJs apartment during that time and TJ became the fall guy with all fingers pointed at him? The main reason I do wonder this is because RM was facing possible six months jail time within only a few days. He may’ve been considering offering incriminating info to LE regarding gang activity in exchange for his freedom. If TJ was aware of RM’s intentions, now facing a murder charge for killing his coworker would silence him too. I can’t help feeling the timing of RM’s upcoming hearing on May 28th in some way was key to his untimely and tragic death. JMO

MOO RM got in a lot of trouble over his years, but held his job at Arconic through it. He had custody of his daughter who clearly loved him. He was a complete scofflaw about driving suspended and a full fledged middle america drug culture guy.
MOO it is TJ who seems unpredictable and maybe has either an MH aspect to his psyche or a drug ruined one or both.
What stands out to me is that MOO this was an impulsive murder followed by immediate bold action plan to get away with it. MOO it was very likely to have worked without the sighting by SR.

Placing a body in the closet and hiding bloody couch cushions but then stating the victim left is indication of concealing and covering up a murder. I don’t see this case involving insanity however
Dont

MOO RM got in a lot of trouble over his years, but held his job at Arconic through it. He had custody of his daughter who clearly loved him. He was a complete scofflaw about driving suspended and a full fledged middle america drug culture guy.
MOO it is TJ who seems unpredictable and maybe has either an MH aspect to his psyche or a drug ruined one or both.
What stands out to me is that MOO this was an impulsive murder followed by immediate bold action plan to get away with it. MOO it was very likely to have worked without the sighting by SR.
Dont

Sounds like you might know RM? Where did it say he had custody of his daughter? MOO seems like there is way more to it all. Seems very odd imo that he was getting ready to serve jail time and has the exact charges on his record of how his cause of death was All TJ has that I could pull up was PO and traffic ticket. Did RM maybe get him into drugs? Maybe since SR was living with him now maybe he did his deals at TJ place and something happened and it was self defense. The news only hears what they want us to hear. It just seems like it's a twist. It will be interesting when things come out. But we might not get all the information. It's very sad that this happened and I do feel bad for all affected by this.

I consider a version of your last paragraph but not exactly as you are thinking of it. I think there may have been a "snitch" or "informant" situation possibly and it also could have involved the former gf and RM even, hence his "protecting" her. Could he have willingly went into the apartment hoping to get more information? Could TJ have been onto or suspected RM and/or his ex were informing--I mean he did head for her next...? Not just on gang activity but on who knows what? There also could have been more involved or more aware but I don't see why TJ would take RM's car home and RM remain if TJ did not know what was going on, that part of your thought, I can't quite see but otherwise, I have had very similar thoughts.

Just speculation and jmo.
@ilovechili I kinda wondered about the snitch part as well. I have also thought maybe self defense and if something happened. I really wonder about SR. The PO was filed where she lives 3 hours away. So that means she would have had to be living there when she got it. Why would you get a PO then move back up here and start dating coworker of the guy you got a PO on? I would like to know more about SR past. Seems fishy to me. That's just my opinion.

Dont

RM was due to appear in court May 28th as the State was petitioning that his parole be revoked due to a violation regarding his most recent DUI charge so his legal troubles were not quite behind him, job or not. As his most recent one year parole was only half over, he faced a possible six month sentence in jail.

How do we know RM had custody of his daughter? According to My Case he also had a prior RO filed by the mother of his child. Adding to that a history of domestic violence often results in supervised visitation at best. That is what I find sort of unusual ...how the allegations against TJ by SR mirror prior circumstances involving RM and his ex-partner.

Case Search - MyCase

Case Search - MyCase

RM was due to appear in court May 28th as the State was petitioning that his parole be revoked due to a violation regarding his most recent DUI charge so his legal troubles were not quite behind him, job or not.

How do we know RM had custody of his daughter? According to My Case he also had a prior RO filed by the mother of his child. Adding to that a history of domestic violence often results in supervised visitation at best. That is what I find sort of unusual ...how the allegations against TJ by SR mirror prior circumstances involving RM and his ex-partner.

Case Search - MyCase

Case Search - MyCase
I would love to know more about SR. The PO was filed where she lived which is 3 hours away. So if she was scared of TJ why would she moved back close to him and start dating his coworker. Then if TJ was like that to her as she says why date RM that has a battery and strangulation charge in front of minor child?

Case Search - MyCase[/QUOTE]
I would love to know more about SR. The PO was filed where she lived which is 3 hours away. So if she was scared of TJ why would she moved back close to him and start dating his coworker. Then if TJ was like that to her as she says why date RM that has a battery and strangulation charge in front of minor child?

Your questions are for information that can't be found, and information that was available at first is gone now too. Like SR's Facebook, and TJ's Instagram. If there is a trial some on these questions might be able to be answered. With a plea deal, I think there will be no more information about the situation.
Maybe there was a love triangle, maybe TJ obsessed on the loss of a GF either as jealousy or as an insult to be avenged.
MOO what we know is that RM is dead, by blunt force and ligature strangulation and that after killing RM, TJ attempted an escape of consequences by lying to police. We know TJ went to RM's house driving RM's car -- MOO with the intention to leave RMs car at RMs house in order to have the search for RM start as if he had made it home that morning, others think he might have been going to kill SR.

RM was due to appear in court May 28th as the State was petitioning that his parole be revoked due to a violation regarding his most recent DUI charge so his legal troubles were not quite behind him, job or not. As his most recent one year parole was only half over, he faced a possible six month sentence in jail.

at
Case Search - MyCase

Case Search - MyCase

I will take back the statement about custody because can't find the MSM source again, paywalls are up now on articles that few articles that are left. I can say the for RMs funeral costs and to provide funds to his daughter did well, and the comments indicate he was thought of as a good father.

@ilovechili I kinda wondered about the snitch part as well. I have also thought maybe self defense and if something happened. I really wonder about SR. The PO was filed where she lives 3 hours away. So that means she would have had to be living there when she got it. Why would you get a PO then move back up here and start dating coworker of the guy you got a PO on? I would like to know more about SR past. Seems fishy to me. That's just my opinion.

I wonder not just about her but about the relation amongst all three of them at minimum. I have seen what I consider odd loyalties and situations in life or maybe I should say even disloyalties. Why would you even be riding with someone you had issues with or who was with your ex-gf. That in itself is odd but I have seen stranger things (not in my life but among others).

I don't know enough about the PO but I would agree one or the other was living where it was filed. Where was that?

I don't know about the snitch thing but it sure appears there is something more here and possibly bigger than we know; otherwise, it is flat out odd but, as I said, I have seen some strange relationships/misplaced loyalites in life.

With regard to I think another post of yours I saw, TJ having not much for a record means nothing to me because first, we do not know his juvenile record and he is young and second, I have also seen where an entire neighborhood can know the no good someone is up to but they never seem to be arrested...

I have no personal knowledge of anyone, just going by what we know here. Someone said awhile back that SR did not seem to be the type RM would be with and they wondered the reason.

The entire situation seems odd and as if there must be something more to it.

Jmo though and entirely speculation on my part.

Yes, I admit to not knowing but money wise a fairly secure person financially can be financially devastated in fairly short order paying for a private attorney to defend a murder charge. So even if a good job for a young adult, I would not think if he scraped up the funds for a retainer, that it would last long, especially since the job probably ended with his arrest. That would lead to make an educated guess/speculate that he has help or another way of financing the attorney.

I think there is likely way more to it than jealousy too.

Jmo.
JMO but a private murder defense lawyer is going to be high 5 figure at a minimum, and more likely in the 6 figure range.

Sounds like you might know RM? Where did it say he had custody of his daughter? MOO seems like there is way more to it all. Seems very odd imo that he was getting ready to serve jail time and has the exact charges on his record of how his cause of death was All TJ has that I could pull up was PO and traffic ticket. Did RM maybe get him into drugs? Maybe since SR was living with him now maybe he did his deals at TJ place and something happened and it was self defense. The news only hears what they want us to hear. It just seems like it's a twist. It will be interesting when things come out. But we might not get all the information. It's very sad that this happened and I do feel bad for all affected by this.

The first SR protection order - the one TJ violated by going into RMs home after killing him, as you pointed out was issued in Clark County which is on the SE border with Louiseville Kentucky.

The first requests for a PO against TJ by SE were in Dec 2018/Jan 2019. It is mystery why TJ recent Delphi HS 2018 grad went Clark County, family, college, SR?
Did he get involved with Skyler there or in Lafayette or Delphi and follow her to Clark Co?

MOO It is a fast degression for TJ:
He was on the Quiz bowl team in HS which seems like a college prep activity.
MOO possibly he tried college fall 2018 and didn't like it, or he drugged himself out of the capacity to make the grades, or was suspended or expelled.

Then a relationship with SR ending badly in with Protective Order against him.

Case Search - MyCase

Case Search - MyCase

I don't know any more than is the available records. I see that KH, the mother of RM's daughter wrote a letter on RM's behalf to the court during the case of his domestic violence.
In SR's case her new BF was murdered and a new protective order was issued against TJ 5/31/19 at his hearing to prevent him from making contact with her.

The first SR protection order - the one TJ violated by going into RMs home after killing him, as you pointed out was issued in Clark County which is on the SE border with Louiseville Kentucky.

The first requests for a PO against TJ by SE were in Dec 2018/Jan 2019. It is mystery why TJ recent Delphi HS 2018 grad went Clark County, family, college, SR?
Did he get involved with Skyler there or in Lafayette or Delphi and follow her to Clark Co?

MOO It is a fast degression for TJ:
He was on the Quiz bowl team in HS which seems like a college prep activity.
MOO possibly he tried college fall 2018 and didn't like it, or he drugged himself out of the capacity to make the grades, or was suspended or expelled.

Then a relationship with SR ending badly in with Protective Order against him.

There is a state college in Clark County as well as a satellite campus of Ottawa University. I wonder if either TJ or SR (or both) had enrolled in either after high school graduation. (There also is a college specializing in funeral services.).

I find it odd that the protection order was issued in Clark County, yet apparently both chose to move back to the Lafayette area so soon after. It seems too coincidental. Maybe obsession/stalking is a factor that led to the PO?

There is a state college in Clark County as well as a satellite campus of Ottawa University. I wonder if either TJ or SR (or both) had enrolled in either after high school graduation. (There also is a college specializing in funeral services.).

I find it odd that the protection order was issued in Clark County, yet apparently both chose to move back to the Lafayette area so soon after. It seems too coincidental. Maybe obsession/stalking is a factor that led to the PO?

MOO complicated lives - for TJ probably because there was some trouble with his college plan. It is possible the PO for TJ was to stop phone calls?
TJ has a new PO in place as of 5/31/19.
As for TJ and RM's odd neighborhood proximity in Lafayette, RM had lived at his address for a long time. It is TJ that rented an apartment near RM.

Last edited:

Your questions are for information that can't be found, and information that was available at first is gone now too. Like SR's Facebook, and TJ's Instagram. If there is a trial some on these questions might be able to be answered. With a plea deal, I think there will be no more information about the situation.
Maybe there was a love triangle, maybe TJ obsessed on the loss of a GF either as jealousy or as an insult to be avenged.
MOO what we know is that RM is dead, by blunt force and ligature strangulation and that after killing RM, TJ attempted an escape of consequences by lying to police. We know TJ went to RM's house driving RM's car -- MOO with the intention to leave RMs car at RMs house in order to have the search for RM start as if he had made it home that morning, others think he might have been going to kill SR.[/QUOTE]

MOO what we know is that RM is dead, by blunt force and ligature strangulation and that after killing RM, TJ attempted an escape of consequences by lying to police. We know TJ went to RM's house driving RM's car -- MOO with the intention to leave RMs car at RMs house in order to have the search for RM start as if he had made it home that morning, others think he might have been going to kill SR.[/QUOTE]
JMO but a private murder defense lawyer is going to be high 5 figure at a minimum, and more likely in the 6 figure range.
@Hraefn JMO I think your right. It's going to be very costly for a private defense lawyer. It looks like per court documents he was hired right away. With this type of case a public defender wouldn't be a good idea jmo.

Thank you! That just confirms to me that I do not care how good of a job he had, he very likely has family paying for it then or has some asset to tap which seems highly unlikely at his age. I have seen where those $$ run out fast, sometimes they start with a private attorney and end up with a public defender is that right, or is the private attorney required to stay on even if not being paid?

Thanks again, appreciate the knowledge.

JW Good thinking! Based on limited information...I wonder if TJ found out who SR was dating and went out of his way to become friends/acquaintance of RM. Since everyone who has known RM personally describe him as likable, great & devoted Father, and someone who would go out of his way to help a fellow worker....why is anyone surprised he would not go out of his way to help a troubled TJ?? RM had worked through his Baby-Mama-Drama issues and had on going dialogue and visitation with KH(mother of daughter.) That tells me even though he may have had issues in the past...(most young break ups are traumatic & dramatic) he didn't give up on being an involved parent! Maybe he was trying to let TJ know that break ups happen, restraining orders happen...but you can eventually work past them. No big deal RM "faced a possible 6 months in jail." IMO. I think a judge would see he was making personal progress, employed, paying child support (no court docs reporting he was not!), and managed to have a better relationship with KH. A judge would consider the aforementioned and order a diversion program, weekends in jail, restricted license, drug testing and a scram unit for the future.
Folks...facing 6 months in a local jail, for a non-violent offense, over-crowding....very minor.
https://www.scramsystems.com/products/scram-remote-breath/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...mote-breath/&usg=AOvVaw2EbQMMx-H8oDOaQaketGHZ

MOO complicated lives - for TJ probably because there was some trouble with his college plan. It is possible the PO for TJ was to stop phone calls?
TJ has a new PO in place as of 5/31/19.
As for TJ and RM's odd neighborhood proximity in Lafayette, RM had lived at his address for a long time. It is TJ that rented an apartment near RM.
BOXER You are one rational thinker:). I can not, for the life of me, figure out why anyone is anything but sympathetic to a young Father who was the victim of blunt force trauma, strangled and then shoved in a closet. Folks, RM did not kill anyone.

What we don't know is if this going to TJ's apartment was a regular morning thing after coming off shift or a one-off. I think it probably was a regular occurence and SR only got worried when she saw TJ there and no RM, so called the police straightaway, because of the PO.
The other thing I wonder is indeed if SR knew something about TJ and had recently shared it with RM. TJ found out via RM and so killed him and was heading for SR to kill her too. This is the only motive I can see for this murder. TJ planned it from the night before when he told the girls to be gone by 7p.m. which must be just prior to when they return from that shift IMO. If it is not usual for RM to pop in to TJ's in the early morning, then I still believe that was the motive, to prevent them talking about something TJ has done. This is an additional reason for the rule 9 and the new PO for SR.
The motive for the murder is the important feature of the case, i think.
AJMO.

Thank you! That just confirms to me that I do not care how good of a job he had, he very likely has family paying for it then or has some asset to tap which seems highly unlikely at his age. I have seen where those $$ run out fast, sometimes they start with a private attorney and end up with a public defender is that right, or is the private attorney required to stay on even if not being paid?

Thanks again, appreciate the knowledge.
Who really knows how it's being paid. He may have money in his savings. The family could be paying for it. MOO
JW Good thinking! Based on limited information...I wonder if TJ found out who SR was dating and went out of his way to become friends/acquaintance of RM. Since everyone who has known RM personally describe him as likable, great & devoted Father, and someone who would go out of his way to help a fellow worker....why is anyone surprised he would not go out of his way to help a troubled TJ?? RM had worked through his Baby-Mama-Drama issues and had on going dialogue and visitation with KH(mother of daughter.) That tells me even though he may have had issues in the past...(most young break ups are traumatic & dramatic) he didn't give up on being an involved parent! Maybe he was trying to let TJ know that break ups happen, restraining orders happen...but you can eventually work past them. No big deal RM "faced a possible 6 months in jail." IMO. I think a judge would see he was making personal progress, employed, paying child support (no court docs reporting he was not!), and managed to have a better relationship with KH. A judge would consider the aforementioned and order a diversion program, weekends in jail, restricted license, drug testing and a scram unit for the future.
Folks...facing 6 months in a local jail, for a non-violent offense, over-crowding....very minor.
https://www.scramsystems.com/products/scram-remote-breath/
If you look at the case he had in place a restricted license, breathalyzer attached to his car. From what I could tell by the court docs he was in violation of the breathalyzer on car which he only had on a short time.

Who really knows how it's being paid. He may have money in his savings. The family could be paying for it. MOO

If you look at the case he had in place a restricted license, breathalyzer attached to his car. From what I could tell by the court docs he was in violation of the breathalyzer on car which he only had on a short time.

I can't see what either of these things has to do with his murder though. What do you think happened?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back