Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting you say this. I won’t link or name names but there is a recent (this year) prior arrest of someone in LE there for soliciting prostitution and sexual battery. I’ve wondered if he had a profile. He’d know, I would assume, the situation with the cameras in the meetup area.

Please alert me if this violates TOS .
Anyone remember the case here of the two women that were found in suitcases? Not sure if it was in Illinois, Michigan or Wisconsin a few years ago. It turned out that the perp was an ex-cop who was into BDSM and these women had willingly traveled to meet him so he could dominate every aspect of their lives.

One of my theories is that this could be a similar situation, but whoever she met had different expectations then she did. (That’s all I will say here due to TOS)

Edit to add link to that case: WI - WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

Last edited:
I'm confused as to why there's a perception that her friends aren't concerned? Many of us have organized off SM to put up fliers and look for her. Different circles of friends communicate on a daily basis. When this case first started up, there was little to NO media coverage. Friends and family spent the first few days constantly reaching out to media, reporters, radio, etc. getting her story out there. We've been working and helping with this non-stop. So I'm not sure that perception is correct. And is potentially offensive to those of us that haven't slept in 10 days and are working around the clock to try to get her home.
You're right, I apologize. I didn't mean to be insensitive. I'm just anxious thinking that something could really be wrong, and that the days just continue to pass. :(
In reality, her friends and sorority sisters are the reason there has been so much exposure. For reasons unbeknownst to the general public, the family has not come forth. It literally has been her “sisters” and concerned friends. Literally.
MOO

This isn't someone random she met online that day imo.
This was either/or someone she had an ongoing intimate relationship with, something to do with money, and/or something to do with possession and jealousy. Could it be anything else?

From the last thread:

poppydarling said :

“Essentially. It’s very similar to any traditional means of dating. Which is why it is emotionally charged when sex work, sadness, or lack of autonomy is suggested. That’s simply not the driving force. It’s very close to what is considered mainstream.“

—-

Disclaimer I haven’t had my coffee yet. I am not attacking anyone in this post FTR:

Similar to traditional means of dating? I’m honestly not seeing the correlation here. Traditional means of dating imo is going on a date with someone because you are interested in them, are possibly attracted to them, enjoy spending time with them. Not because you want something from them necessarily. If these men didn’t have money, then the ladies wouldn’t want to go out with them. This in itself inserts a variable of artificiality, fakeness and materialism. This is nothing like traditional dating, imo, just because they go to a movie or restaurant it doesn’t make it the same, imo.

I’m really concerned about what I’m reading here. Young ladies seeing this as safe. Does it take something like what this for young ladies to open their eyes? I’m not explaining myself well but I’m not getting this discussion at all and am VERy CONCERNED about what is being seen to be viewed as normalized by some.

Which I’m not sure I agree with that either—-just because some young ladies here state this is normal and accepted and not frowned upon by their peers, that doesn’t mean the rest of America feels this way. I can think of plenty of young people who would say this is not appropriate or safe. Meeting some strange man on the Internet because he has MONeY.

This is a crime forum. Any kind of justification that this is safe behavior I am not in agreement with.

I appreciate the respectful discussion and if this is abrasive, I don’t know how else to word it.

Yes I’m all about female liberation and equality of power and all that stuff. Of course I am. Adults have the freedom to make their own choices.

Would I be concerned if my friends or family members were meeting up with strange men because they had money? Of course I would! Wouldn’t anyone?

I just woke up and need coffee but I am NOt feeling what's been put down here in these posts, moo.

I am not attacking anyone and mean this post as respectfully and academically as I can state it.

The more young women think this is normal or safe, the less they have their guards down.

Of course the majority of these men have sexual expectations! Moo.

Again, for all the female libbers out there, believe me I am on your side. I am just saying ImO this is not safe, meeting up with some older man because he has money.

Adults are adults and are free to have whatever kinds of relationships they want. I am all about a “May to December” romance ftr, as both of my exes are much older than me.

I’m not here to impose my morals on anyone, but I refuse to sit here on a crime forum and read about how these types of relationships do not pose very real danger concerns.
Thank you so very much for this post.

Well, in the press conference law enforcement asked for tips for information about any "social media accounts or a second phone - if she had one". So, law enforcement is asking if someone knows if Kenzie had a second phone to let them know.

For whatever reason, law enforcement thinks it is a possibility.
Regardless of the fact that Kenzie was open about her lifestyle, it's possible that a SD insisted on a burner phone for discretion purposes, and perhaps bought one for her.

Gardenista, my post wasn't directed towards you at all. I just don't understand why ML would need or want to go that route. She seems rather comfortable with her lifestyle, she's making public posts on FB about it. It's not as if she's sharing her cell phone bill with a spouse and she's trying to keep things hidden from him.
It may not be her, but someone else that she is communicating with who wishes to be discreet.
One of the conditions of a relationship may have been to use a separate phone or app (I don't know much about how SM or secret APPS work) requested by the other person. From what I've learned the conditions are worked out in advance.
If someone wanted to keep his relationship a secret, he might require such measures to be taken. Just an idea as to why she used different accounts, or whatever they are. Imo

From the last thread:

poppydarling said :

“Essentially. It’s very similar to any traditional means of dating. Which is why it is emotionally charged when sex work, sadness, or lack of autonomy is suggested. That’s simply not the driving force. It’s very close to what is considered mainstream.“

—-

Disclaimer I haven’t had my coffee yet. I am not attacking anyone in this post FTR:

Similar to traditional means of dating? I’m honestly not seeing the correlation here. Traditional means of dating imo is going on a date with someone because you are interested in them, are possibly attracted to them, enjoy spending time with them. Not because you want something from them necessarily. If these men didn’t have money, then the ladies wouldn’t want to go out with them. This in itself inserts a variable of artificiality, fakeness and materialism. This is nothing like traditional dating, imo, just because they go to a movie or restaurant it doesn’t make it the same, imo.

I’m really concerned about what I’m reading here. Young ladies seeing this as safe. Does it take something like what this for young ladies to open their eyes? I’m not explaining myself well but I’m not getting this discussion at all and am VERy CONCERNED about what is being seen to be viewed as normalized by some.

Which I’m not sure I agree with that either—-just because some young ladies here state this is normal and accepted and not frowned upon by their peers, that doesn’t mean the rest of America feels this way. I can think of plenty of young people who would say this is not appropriate or safe. Meeting some strange man on the Internet because he has MONeY.

This is a crime forum. Any kind of justification that this is safe behavior I am not in agreement with.

I appreciate the respectful discussion and if this is abrasive, I don’t know how else to word it.

Yes I’m all about female liberation and equality of power and all that stuff. Of course I am. Adults have the freedom to make their own choices.

Would I be concerned if my friends or family members were meeting up with strange men because they had money? Of course I would! Wouldn’t anyone?

I just woke up and need coffee but I am NOt feeling what's been put down here in these posts, moo.

I am not attacking anyone and mean this post as respectfully and academically as I can state it.

The more young women think this is normal or safe, the less they have their guards down.

Of course the majority of these men have sexual expectations! Moo.

Again, for all the female libbers out there, believe me I am on your side. I am just saying ImO this is not safe, meeting up with some older man because he has money.

Adults are adults and are free to have whatever kinds of relationships they want. I am all about a “May to December” romance ftr, as both of my exes are much older than me.

I’m not here to impose my morals on anyone, but I refuse to sit here on a crime forum and read about how these types of relationships do not pose very real danger concerns.

You absolutely nailed it. ❤️❤️❤️

In reality, her friends and sorority sisters are the reason there has been so much exposure. For reasons unbeknownst to the general public, the family has not come forth. It literally has been her “sisters” and concerned friends. Literally.
MOO
But the family has given messages to her friends to speak for them.
But, I too am stumped by their lack of presence in the media. Perhaps there is something we don't know that they do.

Other scenario questions:

1) What was ML state of mind during CA trip - was there any type of discussion or argument with parents? Did they notice anything or discuss anything with her that raised red flags or was it a normal, albeit sad due to funeral, visit?

2) Do ML’s roommates say if she is usually gone overnight?

3) Have ML’s friends noticed any expensive or luxury items suddenly appearing? Her airport handbag looks expensive and I know she wears a Tiffany necklace, but roommates notice new things!
I'm very curious about her state of mind too. The age of 23 is a strange time - some peers who were all at similar places in life just a year ago are starting to go in many different directions. Some are going into prestigious graduate schools or landing dream jobs. Others are in serious relationships moving toward marriage. It can be discouraging to be the one who is still in school trying to make rent and figure out what comes next. Losing her grandmother and attending friends' weddings may bring up big emotions. Also, sometimes when extended families are together, there can be weirdness with relationships/ memories/ expectations. All of that makes me wonder if she was in a frame of mind to do something out of character, like run away for awhile, take unusual risks, bail out on her summer class, etc. I no longer think that a voluntary disappearance will be the whole story here, but it may have started that way.

JMO but it hasn’t been confirmed she did meet a man, what if an angry wife/girlfriend found their messages and asked to meet up urgently pretending to be the SD. It wouldn’t be the first time a disgruntled spouse has made the ‘other woman’ disappear...

Lyft driver said ML "made contact" with the person at the park and "seemed happy to see him." Doubt that would be the case if it were an angry woman sitting in the driver seat!

Because someone with your real phone number can easily locate your address, etc. before you know anything about them. I’m not going to go into specifics about how but I’m willing to bet there are plenty of people here who know how to use a simple cell phone number lead them to addresses, family members, Facebook pages, snapchats, etc. Even if that is the ONLY bit of information you have.

If she’s the type of girl to use a fake name I would hope she used a burner - if not, it’s just sloppy. Some people might get pissy that it’s a VOIP/Google voice number but safety first.

If she’s the type to share her real name I doubt she had one.
But I don't think she used a fake name. We saw her on FB giving advice on SB/SD relationships under her real name. And who is to say she gave out her phone number? She may only use the PM feature on the SM sites she used. She used a screen name, that's different than a fake name. We all have screen names here, don't we?

As a female who has made frequent weekend trips from LA to Salt Lake I do not find this concerning.

I usually had my backpack (I was always under the illusion that I would be a more dedicated student and work on things when I was home...for the most part not too likely)(I also always pack a change of clothes and my toothbrush/retainer in my carry-on since I'm paranoid about lost luggage), my purse (which is ginormous as we speak), and my suitcase. It was not uncommon to have running shoes, sandals, formal shoes (for going out/funerals/church etc), sandals I don't mind taking to the beach, hair dryer/curling iron/straightner, and then some clothes. I also usually brought back a few things from home that I didn't have with me or was lucky enough into getting my parents to stock up on some groceries from Costco that I could transport.

I know, I overpack. But I hate the feeling of traveling and having forgotten something (my favorite hair serum that needs to be in a checked bag and not available at home) or a few clothing options depending on plans.

I'm sure Kenzie had a few outfits, maybe she wasn't sure what she wanted to wear to the funeral or was unsure of what other familial activities would be happening and wanted to be prepared. It's nice to think the driver would help with luggage but we don't know that. Maybe she didn't want help because she was confident in her ability to grab her luggage herself. That's how I tend to be..

Totally get it. I'm such a light packer, any checked bag seems huge.

I never want help, but the driver ALWAYS gets out to remove the luggage. Even when I have said, "I got it, no worries." If I were the driver, I may have been a little creeped out, so I would have stayed put.

Gardenista, my post wasn't directed towards you at all. I just don't understand why ML would need or want to go that route. She seems rather comfortable with her lifestyle, she's making public posts on FB about it. It's not as if she's sharing her cell phone bill with a spouse and she's trying to keep things hidden from him.

Flip that around.

What if the people ML is in contact with are the ones who want burners used d/t privacy concerns?

The fact that ML seems fairly open and comfortable with her info being out there doesn't mean people she was seeing are as comfortable with her number showing up on their family plan, or their number being stored in her regular phone.

She ain't married, but someone she was seeing may have been. Some one or ones may have insisted any phone contact be via burners and/or furnished her with one.

The fact that LE has asked for any info re: other phones ML may have had tells me we shouldn't dismiss that as being a possibility.

JMO.

Last edited:
Reposting - from JUN 25
Exclusive: Friend of missing 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck speaks out about disappearance
[...]

"I know [the funeral] was a very traumatic event for her," KS added. "She was close with her grandma. She’s close with all of her family. And so, I had texted with her over that weekend, just letting her know that I was there for her, and if there was anything that I could do. But after that, I haven’t heard [anything]."

KS said she isn't aware of any alternative means to get ahold of Lueck and wasn't aware of the specifics surrounding her dating life.

"As far as I know, I have never even heard of that before. I don’t know anything about another phone," she said. "I cannot confirm that she was on dating apps. As far as I know, the detectives are doing everything that they can. But I have no comment on that as of right now."

"I miss her to death. I worry about her every night. I am still not sleeping. I woke up feeling sick today, so it’s taking a very big emotional toll on me. And everyone," KS concluded.

[...]

Last edited:
But I don't think she used a fake name. We saw her on FB giving advice on SB/SD relationships under her real name. And who is to say she gave out her phone number? She may only use the PM feature on the SM sites she used. She used a screen name, that's different than a fake name. We all have screen names here, don't we?

You are free to have your opinion. I’m free to have mine as someone who may or may not have spent years meeting different people.

Just because people have acknowledged they do something doesn’t mean they want every Tom, Dick, and Harry knowing everything about them before they get a sense of who the person is. And messaging back and forth via PM isn’t going to get you anything except stood up and wasted time.

Like I imagine some guy who’s got feelings for her but she’s made it clear she’s ‘unavailable’ right now and so not to hurt his feelings said shes not dating right now and reading those fb comments about how to get sugar daddies really enraged him and if she is an open person anyway and free spirited, especially if she considers this guy a close friend she might even discuss what she’s been doing with regards to SD’s sometimes he’d feel frustrated that he can’t have her.

I don’t care either way what lifestyle anyone likes to live aslong as they are happy, I don’t think anyone should be seen as less of a person or more deserving of any crime because they ‘should have been more careful’ no one asks to be murdered, the problem is the select few sick individuals who prey on women in vulnerable situations.

I agree 100%. Wasn't it Tricia who basically invited a verified expert to help us reasonably discuss these very subjects?

I believe I have been helping with reasonable discussion? I am totally aware talking about this activity of ML is relevant to the case. I haven’t been shutting any of that down? I just am trying to keep some of the sex worker stigmas out of this because that’s not what a sugar lifestyle is. I think a lot of you make valid points and have valid concerns. I can appreciate that you wouldn’t engage in these behaviors (in fact for what it’s worth I don’t either)- but having knowledge and understanding about them because they are happening, whether we like it or not, is necessary for any progress to be made in understanding the mentality of an individual in these relationship.

I hope that helps clarify what I find my role to be here. I study this for a living. I have citations to back up what I’m saying- I got verified so I don’t have to continually link work when this is second nature to me.

Reposting - from JUN 25

'I text her and call her still,' says friend of missing student Mackenzie Lueck
Family and friends say they’re doing everything they can to help police find Mackenzie Lueck.

“It’s been extremely hard,” said JC, Lueck’s friend who’s also serving as a family spokesperson. “I have my moments where I break down.”

JC is still trying to reach her friend more than a week after she dropped off the grid.

“I text her and call her still,” she said. “I check her location to see if it will pop up magically.”

[...]

“If it is true or isn’t true, the family and I really do not care,” she said. “We just want her home safe. We don’t care about the past. We don’t care what she’s gotten into or what has happened. We just want her home.”

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member