Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Do we know how ML traveled to and from the airport in Cali?
2) Did she stay with her parents or any family members while in Cali?
3) Is it possible that the parents know who she may possible be with and that the person isn't from Utah or in Utah?
4) When looking at her pictures and the backgrounds has anyone noticed any thing significant that stands out? Example a picture or a bedroom that's not her bedroom? I'm currently looking at some pictures now but just thought I would ask before hand.

Not a likely scenario, but a possible one.. speculation, imo.
Maybe Kenzie purchased something that was unavailable or cheaper than in SLC for somebody and met in the park (an easy to find meetup spot) to drop it off with the promise of a ride home from there.

Is anyone else from the school or area missing?
If so, could it be they were in a car accident somewhere?

I know the park cams were fake but there are cameras everywhere— bus stops, red lights, on the interstate. This didn’t occur during rush hour; ie there were probably less than a dozen cars on the road without a few mile radius during that time frame. Of course all of this is JMO. I want to take “LYFT driver cleared” at face value but nothing, after 8 days, makes sense after she entered that LYFT ‍♀️

Answer: In Utah, the cameras at red lights and on the Interstate do not record. There are no cameras at the bus stops. Businesses and the odd ring camera are going to be the only bet. If the person arrived from the north (headed south) and exited off the freeway, it's a quick left turn to arrive at Hatch Park. To continue south, they would go past a couple convenience stores and other businesses and that's it, back on HWY 89 and then I-15. If they were local to the area especially in the affluent area near the Eaglewood golf course, it would be a quick trip through the neighborhoods with not much in the way of surveillance cameras.

Another thought I’ve been having today is that how she is dressed does relate to some degree to this maybe NOT being a SD she was meeting up with.

I know many of you have stated this and when adding in the layers of presentation and expectation, it would seem less common that this would be a someone with that kind of standard/expectation she was meeting up with dressed how she was. I’m leaning more to some other type of acquaintance/date/friend.

We also still don’t know if the driver was male or female. I know we assume male but that’s still something bothering me (in MOO not from any expertise on that).

Also- a side note: thank you all for the feedback on your perspectives and areas of interest. Someone asked about SD specifics and now I have some new research questions I want to explore//called up a peer in the field to discuss his work a bit more in depth today. Always like learning! :)

I still think this could have been a SD, because the potential exists that this had been a relationship that had been going on for a period of time.

There could be a degree of familiarity and trust, that would make her comfortable meeting this person at that time, in that place, and wearing what she was wearing.

Well, foul play or not—if she was using the phone to communicate with the person she was meeting, once she’d met that person, the phone was no longer needed, and she could turn it off. To me, that’d be the most likely reason for it to be turned off at that time. Unfortunately, there’s nothing about that explanation that would preclude foul play happening later.
Why not leave the phone on? It could have contributed to her safety, if only a little. Does she usually switch off her phone at night? The only justification that I see would be either low battery (though I assume she had a charger with her) or avoiding being tracked. If someone else took her phone and switched it off, wouldn't that freak her out?

I really don't think this was meant to be a long term get together. She has a cat that needs to be dealt with. A midterm was looming. A wedding she was supposed to go to and work.

ML has a LOT going on in her life and these things are pressing. A midterm is not to be missed. A wedding you can blow off but she already had a ticket. Work? If you were "planning" a few days away, work would need to know.

Any meet up with anyone would have had to have been short.

MOO

I still think this could have been a SD, because the potential exists that this had been a relationship that had been going on for a period of time.

There could be a degree of familiarity and trust, that would make her comfortable meeting this person at that time, in that place, and wearing what she was wearing.

And, if she knew him, maybe turning the phone off was something they'd already agreed to do when they met. To ensure privacy.

Answer: In Utah, the cameras at red lights and on the Interstate do not record. There are no cameras at the bus stops. Businesses and the odd ring camera are going to be the only bet. If the person arrived from the north (headed south) and exited off the freeway, it's a quick left turn to arrive at Hatch Park. To continue south, they would go past a couple convenience stores and other businesses and that's it, back on HWY 89 and then I-15. If they were local to the area especially in the affluent area near the Eaglewood golf course, it would be a quick trip through the neighborhoods with not much in the way of surveillance cameras.

Good point...wonder if neighborhood has any homes with cameras to capture vehicle?

The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is setting the record straight about a viral Facebook video posted by a Dunedin woman who claimed she almost fell victim to human trafficking.

Sgt. Spencer Gross said the department has not seen an uptick in abductions, kidnapping or human trafficking.

"We do not believe people are hanging out in parking lots looking to snatch women," Gross said. "If we have people being abducted and kidnapped out of parking lots it would be a major investigation."

Knowles posted the video on Facebook just two days ago, [SEPTEMBER 17, 2018] but she told deputies the incident happened in August. She also never reported it. The Sheriff’s Office only knew about the incident after media inquiries.

A manager at the grocery store, Scott ONeill, said he wasn’t aware of the incident she described.

The Sheriff’s Office also said it hasn’t handled a case involving human trafficking in over a year.
Cops question viral video about human trafficking at Pinellas Publix

Emphases and date added by me.

Oh, also, she put in her FB post, "I can't believe this happened AGAIN to me". And admits she use the wrong word when she called it human trafficking.

SNOPES discredited her. Her post is still up though, along with multiple monologues she posts on FB. She's a promoter of some sort of energy drink.

There is no evidence that human trafficking is a part of this missing person case either, just as there's virtually never been any evidence of such in any case of middle class white women or girls who disappear, unless there's a history of drugs, significant mental illness, or serious family dysfunction, and the missing person ran away and/or became "voluntarily" homeless.

I feel ML has probably been harmed by someone she knew. Voluntary missing is lower on my list now due to the length of time, her cat and the purported FBI involvement.
Ha! This reminds me of that viral Facebook post by that woman who claimed that human traffickers were trying to kidnap her kids in Ikea.

Like that Esurance ad says, “that’s not how it works. That’s not how any of this works.”

Hmm her phone powered down soon after making contact with this person. My guess (all MOO) is that the Lyft driver probably took off quickly after her getting out of the car and making contact with the other driver/car. He might have had another fare to pick up and had no reason to stick around. I am wondering if the mystery person was cordial or happy to see her but immediately overpowered her once she was in a closed/locked car and then powered her phone down so it wouldn't track her. All MOO

She arrives, happy to see someone (who she clearly knows). Gets in person's car, phone is quickly turned off. Why? She isn't going to do it herself. The most likely explanation is there is an immediate argument/conflict/crime and other person takes phone away, disables it or tells her to do so, under duress. There is zero chance, it seems to me, that she would get in the car and turn off her phone. It's possible she could have turned it off if the other person asked her to, but that isn't reassuring either.

Not sure what "drawing suspicion" means in this case. Unless someone is minute-to-minute tracking her whereabouts, there is no one to notice in real time that a phone is turned off. If you harm/kidnap someone the first move is to subdue her, then turn off/hide/discard the phone.
Unless her battery was running low and she put it in Airplane Mode. Or powered it down, intending it to be only a short time. She didn't need it any more at this point if she were meeting this person voluntarily.

I can't see anything violent happening that quickly. They needed to be well away from there before any intentional violence arose.

These points are all jmo

Another thing, what open cases do we have, if any, that could be similar as far as posssibly disappearing after an online date, specifically in Utah and/or bordering states?

Not in UTAH but Donna Cloud comes to mind for me. She supposedly had a date with someone she met online but when LE went to investigate it turned out she was never at the restaurant she told her family she was going to:
TX - TX - Donna Cloud, 19, Kingwood, 25 Oct 2016

Why not leave the phone on? It could have contributed to her safety, if only a little. Does she usually switch off her phone at night? The only justification that I see would be either low battery (though I assume she had a charger with her) or avoiding being tracked. If someone else took her phone and switched it off, wouldn't that freak her out?
Yes, I think that would freak her out. So would being attacked. I don't think the phone being turned off was the worst thing that happened to her, ykwim?

jmo

I find it odd that they say her phone turned off directly after the meet-up at the park...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong