Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it's all speculation as to why the phone got turned off but even in the most benign scenario - she somehow turns it off out of politeness, or he asked her to turn it off and she does - it's not normal. Why would he ask her to power down her phone? Can you remember once in your life when someone asked you to power down your phone, or when you did it in any circumstance that wasn't a movie, church, dinner, etc? This bit of information is concerning, as it's hard to come up with a plausible reason for the timing.
There's no reason why she couldn't have powered it down herself at that point. She had reached her destination. She also could have turned off data to recharge her battery more quickly. Putting phone in Airplane Mode makes charge progress more quickly. There are some possibilities.

SLC Police Dept. on Twitter
UPDATE: we know Mackenzie was texting while in the airport. We are actively following that lead and continue to pursue other leads as well. #MissingPerson #MackenzieLueck
1:43 PM - 26 Jun 2019
Yeah, I questioned the reports that LE found nothing on her phone. In one of the photos at the airport, it appeared to me that she might have been talking on her cell. The rumours are flying rampant!

From the article:

Police will confirm that Lueck’s cell phone is currently powered down and that it was turned off once she met up with an unknown person at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake just before 3 a.m. on June 17.

“Pretty much right after the contact was made at the park—that’s when things went dark,” said Detective Greg Wilking.

I missed this. It's terrifying to me.

Like, she got into the car, he grabbed the phone, shut it off, pulled out the battery, and drove off with her to do whatever. And he might have done it surreptitiously or had to incapacitate her to do it.

For some reason I thought her phone had gone dead only after 3 or 4 days.

I still think this could have been a SD, because the potential exists that this had been a relationship that had been going on for a period of time.

There could be a degree of familiarity and trust, that would make her comfortable meeting this person at that time, in that place, and wearing what she was wearing.

It’s possible- I’m just thinking and brainstorming and appearance is high up on these exchange based relationships. So unless this was that and has since moved into a more comfortable less exchange based arrangement....maybe into a traditional relationship? Or a normative affair?

Arg. All possible I suppose, just thinking of how high appearance scores normally.

I remember a friend of Kenzie’s saying that she had tried to call MacKenzie and that it went to voicemail so either her phone was turned off or the battery was dead. My point being LE never said Kenzie turned off her phone :) And, of course there was no mention of immediately.
I think they said almost immediately after contact. So that could be seconds or minutes. Imo

[URL="https://twitter.com/bmullahy2news/status/1143966389163589632"]Brian Mullahy on Twitter[/URL]
@SLCPD detective Michael Ruff says Salt Lake investigators are meeting with North Salt Lake police in #Mackenzie Lueck disappearance.
D-AvXaJUYAA7hCg.jpg

1:36 PM - 26 Jun 2019

Here’s another thing and what this respectful and academic discussion comes down to (again thanks for that to all. We are all on the same side here I think, even though our opinions may vary):

What are the chances here in everybody’s opinions that a possible meeting as the one we are discussing as a potential was a factor in Kenzie’s disappearance? Imo, the chances are definitely high, at leeeeeeast 33% imo and that’s a conservative estimate on my part.

Of course it could turn out that these factors have nothing to do with any of this, as people are victims of crimes all the time that do not participate in these types of relationships.

But I think common sense tells us that there is a VERY GOOD cHance this could be the key to her missing .

We also know a case can have twists and turns and surprises...for all we know none of this is a factor here. And it could turn out to be nothing we expected. But we would be irresponsible and frankly not quite bright if we were to discount this as a variable. I’m almost positive LE would agree, moo.

So, again goal is not to debate or have a discussion about morals, but rather emphasize the point for young women out there to really think harder about this if you think this is safe behavior. Yeah you might say, “oh well I always tell my friends where I’m going”—-well, that’s not going to help you in the situation, only perhaps afterwards when it’s too late. And even simple things like them having your SM account info, phone number, etc can lead to all kinds of information being divulged about you, who your family members are, where you live, where you work.

Circling around back around to Kensie specifically, let’s hope whomever she met left a trail. If this was premeditated and he is a sophisticated predator, then he may have hidden his tracks well and not left any breadcrumbs.

I think the point is that young women are vulnerable to predation or abuse no matter who they date. We read the stories all the time.

Women are victims of intimate partner violence and of stalkers, rapists, murderers, dudes they meet online and date, who decide to kill them, fake Uber drivers, real taxi drivers, boyfriends, husbands, etc. Most of the women who go missing and are found either alive or dead after having been harmed and/or abducted had nothing to to do with dating older men.

I don't think this lifestyle makes women any more vulnerable than they already are.

The only complication I can see is that if a man involved in a relationship like this harmed his female companion, it could be much harder to trace if he was being clandestine, because they don't want wives to find out. So they might use snapchat or use burner phones themselves, etc.

It could take time to untangle that for evidence needed to find a perp.

Can I beg and plead with the people of this thread to please keep the focus on information that is actually helpful in finding Kenzie. We have covered time and time and time again that she has interest in the SD/SB lifestyle, she has participated in it, she has a private instagram and #CHD in her bio, she has dating profiles and SD/SB profiles, and was involved in certain FB groups. I knew this. I have seen this. The family spokesperson has remarked that her family does not care about what she was into, if she git mixed up in something, or frankly anyone's opinions on the matter. The fact is, Kenzie is an amazing young woman, who deserves some respect while her private life gets blasted all over the internet.

I am trying to preserve some dignity here for my friend. We have covered that her dating choices, preferences, and lifestyle may be risky - multiple times. The person involved in this case could just as well be a co-worker, a neighbor, a friend, a college friend, an ex, a current love interest. But reading this thread one would think the only possibility is a SD. While I don't rule that out, I think we have more than covered it here. If you would like to debate the SD/SB lifestyle and whether or not you think it's common, uncommon, normal, not normal, risky, reckless, what have you please I ask you do this somewhere else.

This forum has the potential to be extremely beneficial to helping find Kenzie. And there are many people who contribute who I feel are helping that. But I believe all this SD/SD, risky, not risky, discussion is taking away from the true fact of the matter. My friend is missing.

Yes!!! This!!!! Thank you Yellowmoose.

Praying for Kenzie.

Gosh this is a good question I just read on a Facebook post.

Did she tip the Lyft driver?

Usually that’s something you do with Uber after your ride through the app. I am not familiar with lyft, nor do I know if she’d normally do this that way, with cash, or not at all. The answer could give more insight into if she willingly powered down her phone.

I’m confused by your post. I never said I don’t have faith in the FBI or other federal law enforcements, nor did I imply that I don’t think they are highly qualified or work tirelessly for victims.

I feel that everyone is like “The FBI is involved so that means something!” I just don’t necessarily think it means anything except that local LE asked for assistance. That is not a judgement on the feds or their ability, it’s just a simple fact. Sometimes they get involved and it turns out the person hid themselves. Shrug.

True. Except one thing. The FBI decides whether they want to get involved when local LE asks for help. And usually when they do it's because they feel there's something serious going on or possible federal offenses involved.

https://kslnewsradio.com/1907466/ti...olice-look-for-leads-in-mackenzie-lueck-case/
[...]

Detective Michael Ruff says most of the tips have come from Utah, but they are fielding calls from across the country.

[...]

Officers will not say what types of tips they have been getting, only that the tip line remains open.

Police are also encouraging people to come forward if they know something and not just post it on social media. Anyone with information can call 801-799-4420.

[...]

Brian Mullahy
@bmillahy2news

Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings said earlier today he’s “surprised” @SLCPD has not involved his office in #Mackenzie Lueck case.

“It’s been silence from Salt Lake City PD,” said Rawlings on #Mackenzie Lueck—adding “maybe they have reasons.” Now, a meeting planned btwn @SLCPD and #NSLPD.

Question for the locals and I apologize if this has been addressed. So North Salt Lake and Salt Lake City are two different cities in two different counties with different PDs and DA offices?

If so, why would the Salt Lake City PD take the lead on this when he last known whereabouts were in NSL? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member