Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking is that she was relatively savvy when it came to meeting new people, and would have probably had a negative experience in the past.

Something that made her uncomfortable.

Of course I don’t know her, and what we do know is anecdotal.

But I don’t see her meeting up with a new person in a park, at a time like that.

Especially when she had just gotten off a flight, and wasn’t really dressed for that sort of thing.

I just think that her knowing him and having met him before, is far more likely than a first time encounter.
I like to think that no one would meet someone for the first time at 3:00 a.m. at a park. I tend to agree with you about this not being a first meeting.

She is an intelligent young woman and she was sober that night. Whatever situation led her to that meeting at the park, it was one she was completely comfortable with.

That’s what I keep thinking about.

She was not drunk or coerced or out of alternatives. She could have had the LYFT take her home. She was so close to home.So why did she choose this rendezvous?

I’m not sold on any “recreational” explanation. I don’t think many of us would want to exert the energy to be “upbeat”, “on” or “engaging” after that kind of trip and funeral and that early in the morning.

We know she was grieving her grandmother. She may have been emotionally exhausted. I’m wondering if she was offered a quieter alternative for the night...no roommates...no questions in the morning. Ma6be....Someone she trusted offered an alternative that was both attractive and comforting.

You don't really know that she was sober. She could have had drinks on the plane ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the authorities are keeping an eye on the lyft driver.

Been thinking about it and he was the last person we know of with her.

He could have roofied her called a friend and dropped her off at the park to a different car.

It’s been a while since I used Lyft, but I had to enter my current location and my destination before I even select my driver. Assuming it still works the same way, Kenzie would have typed her location (airport) and destination (park) before selecting her ride vehicle.

Under your scenario, wouldn’t the person who was expecting Kenzie to meet him/her at the park have spoken up by now (if not immediately when she didn’t show)?

I get that there may be someone uninvolved in her disappearance who doesn’t want his or her name linked to Kenzie’s...but under your scenario, there’d have to be two criminals (Lyft driver and accomplice) and one at the very least sketchy person (the silent mystery person ML was supposed to meet) at the same location at the same time. (Unless Mystery Person *was* the accomplice. Is that even possible?)

JMO.

She is an intelligent young woman and she was sober that night. Whatever situation led her to that meeting at the park, it was one she was completely comfortable with.

She was not drunk or coerced or out of alternatives. She could have had the LYFT take her home. She was so close to home.So why did she choose this rendezvous?

I’m not sold on any “recreational” explanation. I don’t think many of us would want to exert the energy to be “upbeat”, “on” or “engaging” after that kind of trip and funeral and that early in the morning.

We know she was grieving her grandmother. She may have been emotionally exhausted. I’m wondering if she was offered a quieter alternative for the night...no roommates...no questions in the morning. Ma6be....Someone she trusted offered an alternative that was both attractive and comforting.

I agree with most of this and keep thinking some of the same. but do we know she was not drinking? airport seems to be a place to access drinks?

My thinking is that she was relatively savvy when it came to meeting new people, and would have probably had a negative experience in the past.
snipped by me

Ah, but I don't see her as savvy. I don't think she is as sophisticated as she thinks she is.

I think her past experiences have been fine, so therefore she thinks future encounters will be just fine too. I think she has a carefree, perky view of all this...and that is because nothing bad has ever happened and other SDs were decent enough.

And since her past SDs were decent enough, I don't think one suddenly changed and hurt her.

I think it was a new person. And I think that new person wanted to meet her for sinister reasons, not to pamper her or have an exchange or whatever the right word is.

But, again, my opinion will abruptly and easily change if new info sheds light in a different direction.

jmopinion

but she has been described, by someone's son who knew her in high school, as naive

Yeah, but that can change with time. She was a teenager in high school, and is 23 now.

She also has experience doing this sort of thing, so I think it’s likely that she knew what not to do.

It’s possible that this was a first time thing, but I think the opposite it far more likely to be true.

But a 23 year old who had been in Uni for 5 years for a nursing degree wtf. That nust be expensive. At 23 living like an 18 year old that must be depressing!.

Wonder if this person came forward voluntarily (I would if I had nothing to hide), or if LE contacted this person based on phone records.
Maybe after the person heard the request for tips or information he or she notified them.
I would think they would have thought to call LE right away, but I guess not everyone might think of it.
Unless, of course, he or she does have something to hide.

Last edited:

[bbm]

how do you know she was sober? link?

Why is it that LE is only sending out one update per day?

1. Because they don't have anymore new info to release.
2. Because they don't need the public's help other than the requests they've already issued.
3. Because ultimately it's not their job to keep us updated. It's their job to work the case.
MOO of course.

I envisioned something like that early on, but I’m not there anymore.

The way things are heading, and with the information we now have, I just can’t fathom this not being foul play.

It’s not all that easy to disappear without a trace, especially with the entire country looking for you.

The person who picked her up has yet to come forward, and I think there’s a reason for that.

Something nefarious happened.
I think of this case and similar cases in terms of likelihood. When someone goes missing, there are a few possibilities: accident, suicide, stressed out and wanted to disappear for a while, abducted and being held against her will, or abducted and killed.

It has been over a week since ML disappeared. ML is/was a young woman going to college, with a job, a pet, roommates, friends, and a loving family. She texted her mother to let her know that she'd arrived safely in SLC. What is the likelihood that she just left to go on a walkabout? What is the likelihood that she met with foul play? IMHO, I'm going to say 5% for voluntarily disappeared and 95% involuntary.

INTERFERENCE. Exactly. The question is: Why interfere?
Why investigate, before there is evidence of wrongdoing?
"She has to be accountable". Whoa!!! Says who? A woman has certain liberties in this nation.
It sounds to me like Mackenzie has been extremely accountable..... for years. If not, she wouldn't have reached Senior status, or held down a job at Grifols.
Maybe ML is exhausted and burned out. Maybe she has found a partner, and they plan to be together....but again,
It's Her Life.

How do you know there's no evidence of wrong doing though? The FBI usually agrees to participate when there's some suspicion at least of foul play or federal crimes. And typically that's when local LE reaches out to them as well.

In order to get warrants to search her property/records they have to have probable cause that a crime has occurred or there's a risk of imminent harm. People were arguing that LE should be able to search such records without probable cause when an adult goes missing. I disagreed.

But the 4th amendment protects adults who make decisions to disappear.

The fact remains that she has not communicated to any friends or family that have come forward, made no provision for the care of her beloved pet and friends and family state this kind of sudden disappearance is not in her nature. Time has gone by and it appears a court has agreed with the feelings of her friends and family.

Does that mean she's not a voluntarily missing person? No. But it does mean the FBI has "interfered" with cause.

I think of this case and similar cases in terms of likelihood. When someone goes missing, there are a few possibilities: accident, suicide, stressed out and wanted to disappear for a while, abducted and being held against her will, or abducted and killed.

It has been over a week since ML disappeared. ML is/was a young woman going to college, with a job, a pet, roommates, friends, and a loving family. She texted her mother to let her know that she'd arrived safely in SLC. What is the likelihood that she just left to go on a walkabout? What is the likelihood that she met with foul play? IMHO, I'm going to say 5% for voluntarily disappeared and 95% involuntary.
Yeah, I approach it the same way.

What is most probable?

As more information becomes available, those probabilities change.

What began (in my mind) as a likely voluntary scenario, has now flipped to involuntary.

That’s how I see it anyway.

Did LE state anything about Hatch Park being her destination when she ordered the Lyft? Or did she change it when she made contact with the person who met her there? I’m wondering whether she intended to have the Lyft driver take her home and her plan changed. Obviously the Lyft driver supplied her destination info to the police, and what if anything occurred during the ride. I’ve gotten out of Ubers when I wasn’t comfortable. And then ordered another one after waiting a bit to make sure the driver was not in range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member