Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: unnecessary> I can't help but wonder why the news feels the need to drag this poor girl through the mud.

<modsnip: snipped reference to modsnip in quote> It’s not at all flattering, to say the least.

They’re a tabloid, and that’s what they do.

Sensational headlines draw attention, and attention means advertising dollars.

That being said, there is some newsworthy stuff in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the cops asked about the possibility of her having another cell phone but did they check if she's using another device like maybe her Ipad, tablet, laptop or MacBook?

She's registered part-time so 5 years is perfectly reasonable.

College in the U.S. is usually completed in four years; however, at many colleges in CA, students can't get their classes because of overcrowding and are forced to take extra semesters. Also, if you change your major, that puts you behind, or if you pick up a second major. My 23-yr old son graduated from college last year, but many, many of his friends JUST graduated, taking the five-yr plan. Looks like ML will graduate in 5+, so maybe she changed majors, failed a class or two, picked up a second major or minor that required more classes, etc. It's not uncommon here at all.

I know there are people still speculating it was the Lyft driver. Can someone clarify if LE says someone isn’t considered a suspect and has been cleared is sometimes used as a ploy by LE?

She is just a little thing I keep thinking of her being stuffed in that brown suitcase of hers. I live in CA I can think of 5 cases off the top of my head here in Cali where females have been found deceased in a suitcase.
I thought the same thing seeing the size of her suitcase

It did. It’s not at all flattering, to say the least.

They’re a tabloid, and that’s what they do.

Sensational headlines draw attention, and attention means advertising dollars.

That being said, there is some newsworthy stuff in there.

yeah and I hate that b/c right now that's the last thing her family wants out right now.

Online only, I believe, is a reference mutual webcam activity.

Anyone here get the feeling this may be a captive type situation?

OMG yes that ran through my mind

but if it's webcam activity only then she wouldn't have met someone in the park unless she knew him, or thought she knew him

someone said they thought she's probably not as savvy as she thinks she is
sadly, I agree

It’s a bot service following the other account for her. It’s a large, relevant account to her. The bot sees this through hashtags, mutual likes, follows etc.
I’ve been following but this is my first post on this thread. Is it a bot service that one has to link to their account? Ive had IG for about 8 years and have never had random bot accounts added to my followers. The only accounts (and those are posts of posts I’ve looked at before) suggested to me are in my search area. Just curious.

yeah and I hate that b/c right now that's the last thing her family wants out right now.

Yeah, especially with a publication that gets that much traffic.

I hate the Daily Mail, yet I still read it religiously.

The upside is the more people that are aware of this case, the better.

If there's been a crime against a young woman, why hasn't the community been given statements of caution?
This is a city with 32,000 students attending University of Utah!

Wait. I thought you were arguing that there was not one shred of evidence of foul play and that everyone should just leave Mackenzie alone. I'm confused.

5 years is nothing to be quite honest. And who knows, she could have started college at 19....

Exactly. Especially if she were held back a year in primary school due to a potential summer birthday. It’s actually quite intense to finish college in four years. It usually takes either taking courses during the summer or having heavy loads some semesters. She may of changed majors too sometime through her college career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288