Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck was last heard from when her plane landed at the Salt Lake City Airport at approximately 1:00 am on Monday, June 17th. She had flown home from her grandmother's funeral in Calfornia.

The SLC Police Case Number is 111129.

64600314_10213646125578622_976534147017211904_n.jpg

Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

Find MacKenzie Lueck Facebook Page

Verified Insider:
yellowmoose (verified friend)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE

Lay off Kenzie's friends now or warnings will be issued and you may find yourself on the outside of the thread looking in. Tricia is traveling and she is not in the mood to hear about anyone bashing Kenzie's friends. Unless you have been in their situation, I would think twice about judging their actions and statements. These are young people desperate to find their friend.

Also, a note about power posting. Some members are dominating the discussion in this thread and that violates our TOS. There is no need to respond to every post. Let others talk.

This post falls at random.

Please welcome verified friend of Mackenzie Lueck yellowmoose.

We have verified, short of hiring a P.I, that yellowmoose knows Kenzie and is a good friend.

You may ask yellowmoose questions. If you choose to disagree for whatever reason then you scroll by. Please do not argue.

Yellowmoose can give information without providing links.

Yellowmoose thank you for coming forward and helping us understand who Kenzie is and and about her life in general.

Thank you.
Tricia

Are we absolutely sure that Mackenzie gets along with her family?
Are they frantically worried? I haven't seen them in press conference; did I miss something?
Are they in Utah now?
Keeping it real. Not everyone is as close to family as you may think.
She texted her mother to tell her her flight landed safely. I don't think she'd do so if they weren't close.

Exactly. Especially if she were held back a year in primary school due to a potential summer birthday. It’s actually quite intense to finish college in four years. It usually takes either taking courses during the summer or having heavy loads some semesters. She may of changed majors too sometime through her college career.

I know she started college right after high school at 18.

Hello, All! I thought I would publish a timeline for those catching up or just joining. As there is a lot of hearsay, I chose to only include what we have learned from law enforcement.

To those who have been keeping up, let me know if I missed anything. Again, if it has not been confirmed by LE, it has not been included.

[Monday, June 17] Mackenzie (ML) lands in SLC at 1:35am after attending her grandmother’s funeral in California. She text her parents at approximately 2am to say she had landed.

After retrieving her luggage from baggage claim, ML gets into a Lyft at approximately 2:42am, where she is taken to her requested destination of Hatch Park located in North Salt Lake. At approximately 2:59am, ML exits the Lyft and gets into an unidentified vehicle with an unidentified person. That is the last time ML has been seen.

[Thursday, June 20] At 4pm, ML’s parents report her missing, after learning she has not shown up to work and missed a mid-term exam.

[Sunday, June 23] ML misses flight to LA for a wedding.

[Monday, June 24] LE holds first press conference regarding the disappearance of ML. LE lays out the above facts and during the Q&A with reporters confirms (1) that the Lyft driver is cooperating and has been cleared (2) ML made contact with the person picking her up; when probed about the term “contact” LE elaborated that the Lyft driver confirmed ML was greeted by an actual person [vs just getting out of the car and saying that’s my ride].

[Tuesday, June 25] LE holds news conference revealing still images captured from airport security footage. In it, ML is wearing black leggings, a white t-shirt, sandals, a black backpack purse and a blue shoulder bag. While actual surveillance video is not shared, LE remarks they have complete footage of ML at the airport, from the time she deplaned, walking to baggage claim, then exiting the airport and getting into her scheduled Lyft.

After the press conference, LE openly stated to several local and national media outlets that there has been no phone or bank activity since her disappearance. “Pretty much right after contact was made at the park—that’s when things went dark.” - Detective Greg Wilking

[Wednesday, June 26] LE makes an appearance on Fox News, where it is revealed to Shepherd Smith that ML was texting with someone while at the airport and that person is cooperating with police.

I agree with most of this and keep thinking some of the same. but do we know she was not drinking? airport seems to be a place to access drinks?

Yes, of course, she may have been drunk or impaired...I’m thinking of cases like Morgan Harrington or the other UVA student killed by the same individual...this doesn’t seem like that.

But maybe so...

She was almost home. Just off a plane, delayed...and having just come from a loved ones funeral. It was very late. Unless one is in the presence of someone very comfortable...any “date” requires some emotional effort...making conversation, showing interest, ...engaging with the other person. I would think this would be even more required in a situation of the SD/SB sort. Is someone going to give you some material reward for saying...”I’m too tired to talk or listen to you tonite.”

Maybe so. What do I know.

But I think she chose this persons company because she was very comfortable with them. Therefore, the park, the hour, nothing concerned her.

The driver should still be a suspect. Unless he has video in car he’s still a suspect.
But if the driver did something, I’d like to think Kenzie’s friend would have come forward to report that she never showed up. Or that there would be evidence that he/she continued to attempt contact. I know that person may have been behaving clandestinely but it would take a real jerk not to come forward under those circumstances.

In fact maybe they would come forward to avoid becoming a suspect, once it was realized Kenzie is missing.

NEW: @slcpd confirm

-They have spoken with the person Mackenzie Lueck was texting with while she was at the airport.

-They haven’t confirmed publicly who it is and say they "don’t have any suspects or persons of interest at this time.” #MackenzieLueck

Heidi Hatch on Twitter

Why investigate? Maybe because a MISSING PERSONS REPORT has been filed and people who know her say this is out of character to vanish? Just a wild-a---ed theory.

Exactly... And if she wanted to just disappear, fine! Just tell someone..."hey I'm done, Im out, but I'm fine! I've had enough, I dont want any contact with anyone, there's no need to spend countless hours, money and heartache looking for me!" She doesn't have to say where she is going or with who. She doesn't have to give any explinations, but it's the right, responsible and socially conscious thing to do. To me she doesn't seem heart less enough to just vanish of her own free will and leave her family, especially following a very recent death, wondering and worrying about her!

Different culture i guess!.
I think it's pretty normal everywhere these days. I'm in Ireland. A four-year degree probably followed by one/two years' postgraduate studies was absolutely par for the course for me and my friends (and I'm a good bit older than ML). We loved student life and didn't find it depressing at all! Doubt she would have felt anything negative at all about being in her fifth year of university. Many take the scenic route in their studies and take far longer than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998