Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the report here saying the neighbor smelled a strong stench coming from there is so sad. With the news he lived near Hatch Park before moving to that home, it's pretty clear he was involved and it couldn't have been someone renting the AirB&B.
The poster who said that whoever chose Hatch Park as a meeting place had to be familiar with the area was spot on.

Looks like they are dealing with some very unpleasant evidence.

This is basically going to be like an archeological excavation. They must have some really bright lights if they’re working on that pile atm. Maybe they will start that tomorrow in the light?

(ETA: yeah I remember those bright lights from Jessica’s case. :( )

Tomorrow we may expect to see a crime scene tent over the outdoor area so the overhead news helicopters can not see anything.

Last edited:
This is false. There has been no arrest, and LE has named no suspect or POI at this time.

Search warrants were served, and house is still being searched and expected to continue through the night.

The arrest seems to be false, but it was reported in MSM about an hour ago. (I’m not claiming that it’s true, just explaining why people were posting it, in all sincerity.)

:eek: I hope he didn't attempt suicide in order to escape justice. Or fake a medical issue to get out of answering questions. MOO.

(Just when I was thinking of going to sleep! Gah!)

Interesting that you posted this. The same thought(s) crossed my mind as well.

I suspect I've seen too many James Bond movies.

That's what I thought. It could be stress-induced asthma, a panic attack, or symptoms of a heart attack.

Or fake. Jodie Sanderholm would probably be alive if her killer had not faked chest pains on a charge before she was killed. The county did not want to pay the hospital bill so they took him to the ER and planned to pick him up some other day while in the meantime, he killed poor Jodi. I don't think LE would do this for Kenzie's case though. I hope.

Yes it will. What is it with these monsters and their love of fires........

Shades of poor Kelsey all over again. I pray if Kenzie has met an unfortunate death through foul play, that there is something of her or her belongings that can be identified. So unfair for their loved ones to be tortured like this. Kenzie's family just went through a death, to which she came home from the funeral, only to go through God knows what that night.....
Imagine what a nightmare it would be to lose your mother and your daughter in such a short period of time. Sending love and light to her family and friends.

Or just take the Lyft directly to the Airbnb
Exactly!

So then I’m still guessing they are strangers. Or they’ve never met in person, just on SM and phone. Because why wouldn’t she Lyft to his place?
It seems strange to me, though, if they didn't know each other and she wanted an Air B n B why there wouldn't have been a clearer electronic trail to it. Admittedly, I only started following the case earlier today, so maybe I'm missing something.

You know, it’s odd because I often ask in threads about suspicious fires in the area—-considering we had noooo idea where she was taken, this didn’t cross my mind to check, despite my reference to Travis Forbes liking fires. My point is this:

Usually when we are actively looking for reports of fires, it’s a dead end and needle in a haystack, even when we check fire dept logs etc bc so often these don’t get reported. It could be someone out on their property and nobody sees, or perhaps burn fires are common in the area out in the country, etc...

It’s just so ironic that, if I’m reading correctly, people did notice and did report it.

Iirc form the latest PC, they couldn’t comment on what led them to that residence, if it was a tip (again iirc)....

I wonder if it was her phone or the tip about the fire that led them there...
Apparently he does too. It’s listed in the description of his authored book about murder neighbors bonfire

Really? I live in the neighborhood. I dont have any type of gun that I sleep with.

Yes, the girl that was murdered lived nearly across the street from me, but it was an ex bf that lived in Idaho. Purely coincidental if you ask me, and has nothing to do with the neighborhood itself.

I had one guy trying to bust my door down in the middle of the night. The johns picked up and dropped off hookers in front of my house. I had a crazy lady attack my car and chase it down the street. I was shopping at Smith's on 600 North when a gang right broke out. And don't get me started on the aggressive panhandlers. So yeah. The area is not good.

The arrest seems to be false, but it was reported in MSM about an hour ago. (I’m not claiming that it’s true, just explaining why people were posting it, in all sincerity.)

Take note the O/P had no MSM link to their statement, and that's the real objection.

We don't post it unless we have LE and/or MSM verification.

Thanks for helping keep the thread open. ;)

Fox 13 posted that person in custody was having trouble breathing, respiratory problems, in route to hospital now.
Isn’t this what happened with the Florida school shooter as well? Biting my tongue here...

Exactly!

It seems strange to me, though, if they didn't know each other and she wanted an Air B n B why there wouldn't have been a clearer electronic trail to it. Admittedly, I only started following the case earlier today, so maybe I'm missing something.

They just got the warrants for electronic communications yesterday. So they’ve actually moved very fast.

The poster who said that whoever chose Hatch Park as a meeting place had to be familiar with the area was spot on.

Yeah my first thought on that was that was super close...but you know how the more and more time goes on and your mind can wonder more and more off in other directions, often tangents that are further away from the trutb...

I admire Cold case detectives so much bc I’m terrible with those—-
Breaking: Police investigating crime scene involving disappearance of U of U student MacKenzie Lueck | Gephardt Daily
Police responded to a Fair Park residence on Wednesday, bringing in K9s and serving warrants, and confirmed at 10 p.m. that the investigation is related to missing University of Utah senior MacKenzie Lueck.

[...]

The owner of the residence, at 550 N. 1000 West, was reportedly questioned by police, and his vehicle was towed as evidence.

Officers also were seen in the basement of the residence, which the owner reportedly rents to short-term visitors. Investigators were also seen combing through the backyard and an adjacent garage.

According to neighbors, the homeowner had staged a bonfire in the backyard several days back. Police were seen searching through the remains of the fire Wednesday.

[...]

Asked specifically about the homeowner, Doubt said, “If they live there, they are part of the investigation.”

[...]

When the SLCPD tweeted out that Doubt would speak at 10 a.m., they added the name of 23-year-old Lueck as a hashtag:

#SLCPD Asst. Chief Doubt to give update at 550 N 1000 West at 10 pm. #update#HappeningNow #mackenzielueck

[...]

I wonder if one day down the road we will ever see any of this body-cam footage in the house, as we did in the Watts case.

Respiratory problems? Maybe smoke inhalation?

Jumping off this, very often these shitbags suffer injuries from these fires, often hand and arm burns. Example, one of the perps in Noelle Paquette’s case. It’s weird actually because her name came up when we were discussing Fetlife, etc (her killers were a male female couple interested in bondage and finding someone to rape. Poor Norlle was a lovely. beloved kindergarten teacher in the wrong place at the wrong time.)

My point here is I won’t be surprised if he has any burns on him and these injury photos will be logged for evidence. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288