GUILTY VA - Suzanne "Suzie" Fairman, 53, found asphyxiated in bath tub, Richmond, May 2019 *Arrest*

I just happen to be checking 'Crimes in the News' and I came across this. I haven't heard about this and it is over a month ago. Through Google searches I saw her Twitter page and she appears to be someone into jogging, exercise and eating healthly. But nothing high risk and her area of Richmond - west side opposite side of James River - doesn't appear to be bad neighborhood. No news that anything was stolen, so no robbery. I wonder if this was someone she knew.

As for very little in the press there was a murder of a lady a few miles to the south of there a few months ago. She was found stabbed to death in an alley and it received very little coverage by LE or the media.

I’m sorry to read about Suzie’s awful murder. Damn, women just aren’t safe living alone anymore it seems.

Suzie’s son seems so loving toward her, you can just tell that he truly loved his mom, respected and looked up to her. He is a true testament to her being such a great mom. The way he speaks of her would make her so proud I believe.

I hope this is solved. It sounds like their might be prints on the bloody knife hopefully. Fingers crossed. Poor Suzie, what a horrible way to die.

XZ3WTGVAUBEPNNT4DDPHOWNMIY.jpg

About an hour and half up the road from me. This is a person that was apparently NOT doing any illegal or inappropriate things. I really hope this is not one of those unsolved crimes. I'm sure LE has looked at everyone in her inner circle - co-workers, ex-husband, ex-bf's, neighbors, etc. - and yet to date no POI or suspect has been named. A stranger? Or someone she knew, but her inner circle is not aware of them?

I have a bad feeling this is someone with no record to match DNA to and not even on LE's radar. A crime that is going to take a long time to solve. I hope I am wrong.

I live in Richmond and am active on this site and I'm so confused. I've heard NOTHING about this lately, it's so absolutely strange. Has anyone heard anything more about this??? What is going on here? I'm hoping LE knows who did it and is just waiting for them to slip up??? If not, then there's a random murderer on the loose in Richmond and no one is reporting about it. Where's her family????? I'd be furious to see this story slip away sooooo quickly. Do we know anything about her? Married? Kids other than the son? I'm just baffled

You and me both mks762. It's crickets...from her son, VCU, friends...nothing being shared that I can see on social media or news. All I've heard is police have updated her neighborhood that it wasn't forced entry. By now if they knew who it was I'd figure we'd see an arrest or pushing for tips. Nothing. A woman is found dead in a tub, face down, with the water running...a bloody knife on the counter nearby and cause of death is asphyxiation...and we hear nothing? I read the search warrant it included rope, bandana, red stains, bed sheets. All I've heard confirmed is she lived alone. I'm baffled as so many came forward with what a great person she was, but there is just no mention of her anymore that I see.

Last edited:
You and me both mks762. It's crickets...from her son, VCU, friends...nothing being shared that I can see on social media or news. All I've heard is police have updated her neighborhood that it wasn't forced entry. By now if they knew who it was I'd figure we'd see an arrest or pushing for tips. Nothing. A woman is found dead in a tub, face down, with the water running...a bloody knife on the counter nearby and cause of death is asphyxiation...and we hear nothing? I read the search warrant it included rope, bandana, red stains, bed sheets. All I've heard confirmed is she lived alone. I'm baffled as so many came forward with what a great person she was, but there is just no mention of her anymore that I see.
Yes, nothing, nada, zip zilch info coming out. One would think LE checked surrounding houses for surveillance videos. This is not a main thoroughfare - that is, almost everyone driving on that street is either visiting someone or they live there. If LE has video, they aren't saying anything about it. If they do have it I hope this isn't a case where LE waits till 6 months to a year when everyone's memory has faded to release a video clip.

I sure hope so PowMom01. It's been 3 months now though. As a community, it's frightening not to know if the killer is local or how she was targeted. Could there still be someone running around waiting to do this to someone else? I don't hear a single word. Nothing. It's perplexing.
Wow, I live right outside of Richmond and have not seen anything. Hopefully it's because they know who did it and are trying to apprehend them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back