Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hopeful that this turns out to be a trafficking case because then there is still a chance she could still be alive. The rapid DNA Lab being there simply to prove ML had been there at one point. The tip line being open makes me think they haven't found any remains but could just still be open to gather more evidence against the home owner to build a stronger case. The stench the neighbors reported could have just been him burning her belongings that contained something that smells awful when it's burned.

I floated the idea before myself, but someone more educated on the topic than I helped shed some light for me. They shared ML doesn’t really fit the profile of someone who would be trafficked. It tends to be women from more marginalized communities which are seen as easier targets, whether that be women of color or trans women.

Felicia Martinez‏Verified account @FeliciaNews

For those of you just waking up, a home at 550 N 1000 W is being searched in connection with missing 23 y/o #mackenzielueck. The latest on the investigation and the recent activity on her Instagram all coming up on @KSL5TV starting at 4:30

D-D4aQ8XUAASzN6.jpg

D-D4aQwWsAAURrd.jpg

Felicia Martinez on Twitter

I'm doubtful she's been trafficked. The theory is brought up in many cases, but I've yet to follow a case that the person was trafficked. JMO
I wish I could logically refute this because it would increase hope for ML but I can’t. Agree it’s highly doubtful she was trafficked and nearly impossible she ran away and is hiding somewhere.

We all know what the other outcome is so I won’t even post it until there is official verification of anything from LE. For as logical as I am for all WS cases, this is one of the (too many) times where I hope that the logical conclusion fails and the miracle/fairy dust/longshot scenario comes through.

If this is the break in the case, kudos to SLP PD for acting so quickly. They really moved on this one.

Last edited:
I'm trying to search my brain for why they're digging holes in that pattern and area. It seems so random and precise. There must have been some indication of digging or something covering loose soil. It seems concentrated in certain areas. Maybe under where the fire was, but I believe there were multiple holes? Thoughts? Correct me if I'm wrong, the video wasnt the clearest.

Drugs make way more sense than sex.

Can't bring drugs on plane

Chase them down as soon as lands

Bad guys are there

For all we know, it could be neither. There is no indication that ML was heavy into any drugs, and needed a fix ASAP after landing at 2am. I do wonder if she could have had a secret relationship with this person. Her Pinterest is sticking in my mind. So many wedding and pregnancy/baby Pins. If this person has a partner, maybe things were about to be exposed and they couldn't have that. It is truly tragic no matter the circumstance, ML clearly trusted this person enough to meet them without letting anyone know her plans.

Oh no! Just woke up and saw this. Praying for her friends and family. This search must be so hard for them.

Now I need to go back and read about what’s going on. Does anyone know how the homeowner is tied to Kenzie? Or was are they looking at someone who rented the place through Airbnb?

Oh no! Just woke up and saw this. Praying for her friends and family. This search must be so hard for them.

Now I need to go back and read about what’s going on. Does anyone know how the homeowner is tied to Kenzie? Or was are they looking at someone who rented the place through Airbnb?

We have no official confirmation as of yet. I'm not sure we've sleuthed anything on that, or at least can't discuss here. I personally have not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr