Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local news keeps discussing her recently following the “fatherless” Instagram account. I find it interesting that the “digital forensics expert” doesn’t factor in the possibility that she had requested to follow this account days/weeks ago and had only been approved by the account user yesterday. I am no expert on social media, but for those who are more knowledgeable, this scenario is possible, correct?
Yes. And probably can happen via a Bot as well. Have to be careful when the media has experts on. Their expertise may be limited. Honestly, if the media wanted the best explanation of the possibilities they should have made a request to Instagram to have one of their people explain them.

Michael Locklear‏Verified account @MichaelLocklear

EVIDENCE IN HOUSE SEARCH re #MackenzieLueck -27 boxes of AR-15 ammo -pitchfork Police have not said how the #SaltLakeCity home or this evidence may be connected to Lueck’s disappearance.

D-EHRu3UIAAD4jm.jpg

Michael Locklear on Twitter

Not sure which Rules category this falls under...

I thought at some point it was stressed that members/guest on WS were NOT allowed to post screen shots taken from a WS thread and post somewhere else. Am I remembering correctly?

On one of the FB discussion pages for Finding Mackenzie Lueck - I have seen screen shots and comments to the effect "just saw this on WebSleuths", "on Websleuths the said..."

Just want to clarify if this is permitted or NOT permitted. It's possible that it came from guests and/or new WS members that aren't aware of the policy. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Yes. And probably can happen via a Bot as well. Have to be careful when the media has experts on. Their expertise may be limited. Honestly, if the media wanted the best explanation of the possibilities they should have made a request to Instagram to have one of their people explain them.

Thank you for this. Certainly a nice reminder that “experts” are not always the most trusted source. Still important to scrutinize what is being stated.

Local news keeps discussing her recently following the “fatherless” Instagram account. I find it interesting that the “digital forensics expert” doesn’t factor in the possibility that she had requested to follow this account days/weeks ago and had only been approved by the account user yesterday. I am no expert on social media, but for those who are more knowledgeable, this scenario is possible, correct?
There are several fatherless accounts and they're all public accounts so following would be instantaneous. I couldn't find one that was private. which would require an approval.

I thought at some point it was stressed that members/guest on WS were NOT allowed to post screen shots taken from a WS thread and post somewhere else. Am I remembering correctly?

On one of the FB discussion pages for Finding Mackenzie Lueck - I have seen screen shots and comments to the effect "just saw this on WebSleuths", "on Websleuths the said..."

Just want to clarify if this is permitted or NOT permitted. It's possible that it came from guests and/or new WS members that aren't aware of the policy. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.
You're right (I think)..

Not sure if anyone else noticed this...but this guest made the exact same comment “slept like the dead” for another Air B&B he stayed at.

Just saw this. Weird.

I fear there may be more than a conventional proprietor/guest connection between this guest and the property owner. Perhaps they share some interests.

The developments overnight have been incredibly grim. I lost track of who asked upthread, but I think some of that grimness was visibly reflected in the body language of the investigators.

MOO

Best Practices - Copyright Notice

All of those holes dug tells me one thing...they got a hit when the dogs were there earlier in the day. And it's a LOT of holes.

There aren't words to describe how heartsick I am for her, her family and her friends. Will be praying for all of them today.

I think it's likely that the account was private and just recently went public. I have to check but I think requests are automatically approved in that case. The owners of the account previously last posted on may 16th and then just posted yesterday.

I fear there may be more than a conventional proprietor/guest connection between this guest and the property owner. Perhaps they share some interests.

The developments overnight have been incredibly grim. I lost track of who asked upthread, but I think some of that grimness was visibly reflected in the body language of the investigators.

MOO

Yeah. They seemed to have a weary, depressed aspect to them. And the cabinet the police tech was photographing had reddish brown streaks that appeared to have been by a liquid.

Stuff gets taken all the time from here. Maps, transcripts, etc. At least they posted that it came from WS. Most of the time people that do that try to pass it off as their original work. On the Delphi case, myself and 4 other people listened through over 400 hours of archived scanner traffic and transcribed all the relevant transmissions and several sites ripped that off, passing it off as their own.

At least they are taking it from the best at doing what we all do here at WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer