Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local news keeps discussing her recently following the “fatherless” Instagram account. I find it interesting that the “digital forensics expert” doesn’t factor in the possibility that she had requested to follow this account days/weeks ago and had only been approved by the account user yesterday. I am no expert on social media, but for those who are more knowledgeable, this scenario is possible, correct?

That was the speculation of WS yesterday, but I believe the IG account is public. So it would have to have been private, and then made public yesterday.

But he might have burned documents, computer equipment, or her luggage

Yeah, I’d be shocked if he burned her body. I think if she is found she will be in her suitcase. I’m sure all her belongings, the clothes he and she had on, bed linens, and towels or whatever was needed for the clean up got burned though. He probably figured he was smarter than Fotis Dulos and wouldn’t get caught discarding evidence.

It is unfortunate that nobody reported her missing for days. It gave this guy a week to hide her very well.

I've been catching up all morning. Some of the comments on SM about this poor girl are appalling. This is heartbreaking - I feel so bad for her family and friends.

Yes. I can't even look at the Facebook comments and I wouldn't touch some of those SM groups with a 10 foot pole. People seriously have no empathy or respect sometimes. She has a family and those are the last things they need to be reading. Ugh. Why I'm grateful for WS!

Interesting that the owner(s) or residents of the home are described alternatively as either "he" or "they" by reporters.

Well, who is the 2nd person?!

If additional people are involved, this may get more depraved than it already seems to be.

What he said was along the lines of “of course if they live here they would be part of the investigation.” I don’t think he ever use the word people and think that his statement was generic rather than specifically referring to multiple people or persons of interest

They use the words they and their most of the time now instead of he or she.

Please, I did not say or accuse anyone. I stated the fact about the intelligence of a mind.

I know I quoted your post, but I'm not specifically speaking only to you. I have read a numerous posts saying "he wrote a murder mystery" as if that's the defining characteristic and evidence of a murderer. I'm not saying this person didn't commit a murder, cause he very well may have but it's not just because he authored a book on the topic. Just my opinion, that's it and that's all.

OMG, I woke up this morning to the news of the police raid/search, and I have been catching up just now. I pray that this somehow still leads to finding ML alive and well.

I hope everyone adds “unusual burning activity with noxious odor” to their “suspicious activities to alert authorities of” list, in case God forbid you ever encounter it!

That was the speculation of WS yesterday, but I believe the IG account is public. So it would have to have been private, and then made public yesterday.

I’m 99% sure that account has always been public. I have seen people share memes/stories from that page on IG and I have always been able to see them which means it would have to have been public.

Last edited:
This thread moves way to fast for me. But has anyone looked up the listing on Air BnB and read the review in June? I think I have creep myself out.

Derek Petersen‏Verified account @Derek_Photog

Waiting for details from @SLCPD on the warrant served on missing person #MackenzieLueck #KSLTV

D-Eq-HCX4AEJszB.jpg:large

Derek Petersen on Twitter

If he happened to read this forum then he's probably super happy they didn't release his name.

Yes. Three questions have been bothering WSs since I began reading these threads, I posted some possible explanations but today I put all together. My 2¢ worth.

1) Why the intermediate stop at park at 3 AM?
The intermediate stop was to prevent Lyft from having a record of the final address of ML's trip. She probably knows him and has met him there before. Didn't appear odd to her.b/c he was most likely a client she "felt a connection" to.

2) Why didn't the Lyft driver stay until she entered the car?
The Lyft driver probably stayed until she got to the car and the other driver most likely helped her with luggage. This would be the normal course of action for both drivers. B/c he had another pickup, the Lyft driver probably left as the luggage was being loaded. He got a fleeting look at the driver - enough to indicate gender and race. Not enough for a composite or positive ID. The police withheld the information to allow the suspect to feel safe and they protected the ID of the driver.

3) Why did the parents leave town?
The Luecks were blindsided by their daughter's type and extent of online activity. Shocked, they returned home to the comfort of friends. If the police provided a description from Lyft driver, they found it disheartening - a man, perhaps of a different race, a 3AM meeting in a dark park. Devastating.

I would say homeowner probably did not have regular burning fires in his yard mainly because it's illegal.

It appears neighbors reminded him of that this week.

MOO

Did you say it's illegal to burn there?

If so, then obviously, we're dealing with yet another criminal mastermind here.

If this is a crime scene, then that fire is related.
Which means, the perp (who clearly must have graduated as his class valedictorian) crafted the incredibly brilliant plan to openly engage in highly visible illegal activity in an effort to conceal his crime.

Speechless.

Okay, no, I'm not.

I just can't use the words here.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors