Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that they cleared the scene so quickly is hopeful that they do not believe a violent crime took place. My uncle was murdered many years ago and the scene of his crime was kept quarantined for several days before anyone was permitted access. I know times change but its been less than 24 hours and crime scene tape has been removed? Trying to keep positive....

Michael Locklear‏Verified account @MichaelLocklear

Hard to tell police were ever here. They’ve just cleared the scene at the Fairpark home. Now, we’re waiting for an update on what investigators uncovered. #MackenzieLueck

D-Ew5YUU0AA8j_C.jpg

Michael Locklear on Twitter

I have been following this case for awhile and I lurk on websleuths often. It's unfortunate to see the posts demeaning this woman online and in other social circles. Some of the rumors are just unbelievable. Just a horrible situation all around.
Welcome to WS! I recently came out of lurking for the MD case. And agreed - I can't imagine the family's pain.

Right? I don't think we can post the name or anything (original post about the Twitter account was deleted, so I assume this must be a no-no since we can't verify that it is 100% the suspect's account), but it is such a bizarre stream of tweets.
How could it be him? He would be too busy talking to police to be tweeting. But I have no idea.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I am firmly blaming the perpetrators, and just because someone mentions the subculture does not mean they are demeaning the victim. It is part of the story. It is naive to think that people who exploit others are not using these avenues to find victims, and if it is completely taken out of the conversation it allows them to continue preying on people. People have a right to know that their online life has potential to be dangerous. Clearly a lot are not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right? I don't think we can post the name or anything (original post about the Twitter account was deleted, so I assume this must be a no-no since we can't verify that it is 100% the suspect's account), but it is such a bizarre stream of tweets.
There is no suspect. We cannot sleuth anyone who has not been named a POI or suspect. MOO

I saw someone post that the suspect lived by Hatch Park 2 years ago -- are we sure he moved? It looks like both rooms of the AirBNB are being rented, so could he possibly still have a place by the park, too? This would make more sense as to why Kenzie agreed to meet him there -- or perhaps she knew him when he lived by the park and they were just starting to reconnect, so she didn't know about his new house yet? moo

I think the guy who lives in this home has got to be the last person texting with her at the airport. Still don't know why she wanted to meet up with him. I think there are a ton of options there. Hookup, friend, drugs, whatever -- but I think he's the guy who met up with her in the park and took her to his home and something went south.

Why did he think his texts would not appear on her phone?

The fact that they cleared the scene so quickly is hopeful that they do not believe a violent crime took place. My uncle was murdered many years ago and the scene of his crime was kept quarantined for several days before anyone was permitted access. I know times change but its been less than 24 hours and crime scene tape has been removed? Trying to keep positive....
ITA. A close childhood friend of mine was murdered ~15 years ago and the mobile police post was at the scene for at least 3 days - but there was more than one victim and the location was large and public. This is potentially a different situation, and I know that even in my own city, time for removal of tape on murder scenes varies from case to case depending on how fast the evidence is processed and whether or not the location is a threat to the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle