Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit surprised that they have released the house so soon, concerns me about what they have found. Hope it leads to answers and finding her and not a roller coaster ride for her family and friends, as so many of the cases end up.

Two quick questions:
Have we heard if there will be a PC this morning- any mention of what time?
and who's a reporter that's been staying on top of this story a lot? Might be easier to find questions to my answers there rather than trying to keep up here :) So much discussion going on which is great but hard to keep up with while working
TYIA

I own an AR 15. The magazine holds 30 rounds. Ammo is expensive so AR 15 owners buy it in bulk in a "box" not one of the tiny cardboard boxes holding 20 rounds. The bulk boxes are approx $100. Some bulk boxes hold 1000 rounds and are $300. I assume this guy owned a bulk box because that's what AR 15 owners buy.
I think if I got into a vehicle and someone pointed that weapon at me and said hand over your phone I probably would do it - even though I know you are not supposed to let them take you to a secondary location. If she was scared of that weapon, she might have done that and then he easily turned her phone off and drove off with her - keeping the weapon on her? Is this possible? I don't know how big that weapon is and if you can drive with it at the same time?

They also removed the home's electronic doorbell (link in media thread) I bet that has some information that may prove helpful if the home has a subscription service ( it may because of the AirBnb situation)

JMO

I own an AR 15. The magazine holds 30 rounds. Ammo is expensive so AR 15 owners buy it in bulk in a "box" not one of the tiny cardboard boxes holding 20 rounds. The bulk boxes are approx $100. Some bulk boxes hold 1000 rounds and are $300. I assume this guy owned a bulk box because that's what AR 15 owners buy.

Among AR owners that's not a allot of ammo, It's about normal. First you get a big price break on 1000 round boxes and second it's nothing on a nice day to shoot 250-300 rounds over a few hours at 100 yard target. 1000 rounds for many is 3 or 4 Sundays target shooting.

Two quick questions:
Have we heard if there will be a PC this morning- any mention of what time?
and who's a reporter that's been staying on top of this story a lot? Might be easier to find questions to my answers there rather than trying to keep up here :) So much discussion going on which is great but hard to keep up with while working
TYIA
See the other post I quoted for a link.

Edit: Sorry, the second post I quoted did not stay in the message! I'll try to get it and insert it.

Here is the other post with the link:

Live Streaming

Link to Fox13 livestream of news update by reporters on scene at the house.

They will also be covering the press conference by LE live when it occurs, so you may want to open this link up and keep it at the ready.

Last edited:
Guys, remember, if anyone says something offensive, do not quote it! If it’s offensive, chances are that it’s against the ToS. When you quote it, that makes twice as much work for the mods, and often they miss the quoted post, so the offensiveness just lives on.

Can someone familiar with LE terms tell me the difference between "in custody" and "arrested"? Don't they need to arrest you to take you into custody?

You can be "detained" without being arrested, that much I do know. When I watch Live PD they are always handcuffing people after they pull them out of the car but before they arrest them. The police always say something to the effect of "you're not being arrested, you're just being detained"

A bit surprised that they have released the house so soon, concerns me about what they have found. Hope it leads to answers and finding her and not a roller coaster ride for her family and friends, as so many of the cases end up.
My assumption is it either means they found nothing linking to ML or found exactly what they needed and are drawing up charges because they have what they need in the evidence bags taken from the home. Doesn’t seem like there’s much middle ground here.

Michael Locklear‏Verified account @MichaelLocklear

NEW: Photos of the backyard of the #SaltLakeCity house that police searched in the #MackenzieLueck case. Investigators spent the night digging here, a police source tells @KUTV2News. No word yet on what they may have found.

D-E6j-7XkAMnC8K.jpg

D-E6j8fXYAYvH9H.jpg

D-E6j9pXoAMdFEs.jpg

D-E6j9MXkAAGA7P.jpg

Michael Locklear on Twitter

In one of the books about Ted Bundy, it was said that 9/10 of his victims had had a stressful or traumatizing experience within a close range of their abduction. Predatory people don't work like normal people, they look for people who are particularly vulnerable. Sometimes, like in this case, it's obvious there's been a personal tragedy, but those who prey on others can see past even a poker face. JMO of a theory.

i wouldn't be surprised if POI did exactly that - took advantage of the fact that she was upset about her grandma and returning to SLC alone, in the middle of the night. Despicable.

Repeating this MSM
snipped SLC Police gathering evidence at crime scene connected to search for MacKenzie Lueck
Officers have been on scene with K-9 units and forensic personnel.

Police secured DNA of some kind in the home but said it is still being tested, and vans have taken evidence of some kind from the home.

DNA is pretty specific IMO. I don't recall seeing FBI on any of the officers - do we know if they were there?

I’ve thought the same thing—and realistically, how often do those: “please bring back my daughter” interviews help. Has there EVER been a case where they helped?
It only helps get word to the public when a case needs more media attention. All too often, it’s just a stunt by the media to gain ratings share.

I just can’t get Mackenzie’s family out of my head today. My heart is just breaking for them. They just lost their beloved mother/grandmother and that alone is a lot of grief to bare. Now this...

Morgan Harrington’s family started a campaign...”Save the Next Girl.”

I believe that we have a collective responsibility to find the “sweet spot” between “victim blaming” and pointing out the dangers inherent in certain lifestyles and behaviors. We don’t need to blame or defame anyone. But we need to be realistic about human nature and common sense. This site is replete with tragedy and there are almost always lessons to be learned.

No, not the victims... but the behaviors themselves should be laid bare as to the real risks involved. “The next Girl” could be my daughter or friend or yours. There are lessons to be learned without shaming anyone. There are always lessons from tragedy on how to proceed with any lifestyle decision with less risk.

If your spouse is morbidly obese and eating excessive amounts of fast food, Cheetos, and Twinkies everyday...it may be his right and he may be a wonderful person, but his eating choices are putting his health/life at risk. Yes, other people have heart attacks, but this lifestyle increases his probability, do we just say nothing out of “empathy?”

Is it really empathy?

To say that these lifestyle choices have NO bearing at all...I think abdicates our responsibility to try to save “the next girl.”

Some of these choices seem “cool”, “edgy”, “sophisticated”...they may be. But even those who participate, should not find discussion of how to improve safety of participation, to be “victim blaming.” Not if we really care about “saving the next Girl.”

I think if I got into a vehicle and someone pointed that weapon at me and said hand over your phone I probably would do it - even though I know you are not supposed to let them take you to a secondary location. If she was scared of that weapon, she might have done that and then he easily turned her phone off and drove off with her - keeping the weapon on her? Is this possible? I don't know how big that weapon is and if you can drive with it at the same time?

They also removed the home's electronic doorbell (link in media thread) I bet that has some information that may prove helpful if the home has a subscription service ( it may because of the AirBnb situation)

JMO
The car that was towed was a very small car. I doubt he held her at gunpoint in that car with a long weapon. AR15s shoot at the same rate as a pistol. They shoot at the rate which your finger can pull the trigger.

The homeowner is a very muscular man. He wouldn't need a gun to subdue her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07