Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no confession yet? Wonder if he is still talking or if the homeowner is in a holding cell / room since not under arrest? Wonder if he has asked for a lawyer yet. JMO

Seen a video of LE digging in the back yard and covering the hole with a tent. The Medical Examiners vehicle was said to be on seen at the house last night.

You don't cover holes with tents unless you don't want prying eyes to see what you have found. You don't call the Medical Examiner unless you have found a body.

JMO

I find it very suspicious that the two items were given away, listed separately on two different sites and several days apart. And yet if you look at the pictures, it's obvious the photos were taken at the same time.

So no confession yet?
ETA: duplicate post during glitch after hearing - but, if they can place her in that car - will that be enough to arrest him? It seems they did not recover any of her items at this point (or at least they aren't telling us). He was emotional when talking about her dad so I'm thinking they know....JMO

Last edited:
I know there is a lot of information they are holding back, but it sounds like they might not have enough evidence yet or they need more time to process. The fact that the Chief says they are still looking for the public to help is telling. Also, they want that mattress is another telling piece. It might be that they know what took place or theorize and speculate those mattresses will give them more evidence that they need.

I think LE are getting their ducks in a row...so much potential forensics evidence to go through. I am still hoping that they will be able to bring Kenzie home to her family. My heart is with her loved ones.

Last edited:
I thi
I think LE are getting their ducks in a row...so much potential forensics evidence to go through. I still are hoping that they will be able to bring Kenzie home to her family. My heart is with her loved ones.
I think so too. I am surprised they don't have enough to at least hold him, though. Im sure he's being watched like a hawk

Seen a video of LE digging in the back yard and covering the hole with a tent. The Medical Examiners vehicle was said to be on seen at the house last night.

You don't cover holes with tents unless you don't want prying eyes to see what you have found. You don't call the Medical Examiner unless you have found a body.

JMO
Unfortunately, I believe they are waiting on confirmation.

And they do not have the POI in custody!?!

LE needs to test and analyze whatever evidence they've collected.

They'll need physical evidence that definitely links ML to the POI and to that residence in order to make an arrest.

They'll also need evidence that there's been foul play.

ML being missing isn't enough to make an arrest.

They need to have actual charges to file.
No doubt, that's why LE wants to get their hands on that mattress and boxspring.

@gitana1, as an attorney and VE, what charges do you anticipate the DA will file initially in this case and how soon do you an anticipate an arrest may be made?

JMO.

Last edited:
I find it odd he wouldn't confirm or deny whether any remains were found. If not you'd think they would say. I wonder if they have found fragments that they think could be remains but aren't sure. Ugh

That, or, they don't want any potential POI to know what they found especially since they don't have any arrests or anyone in custody.

Police have ‘person of interest’ in MacKenzie Lueck case; ask for help locating mattress, box spring
[...]

Chief Mike Brown said the owner of that residence is considered a person of interest in the case. No arrests have been made at this time.

He also said they are trying to locate a mattress and box spring that were given away at a residence at 547 North 1000 West in the Fair Park area of Salt Lake City.

Brown said they want the person who took those items to contact their department.

Other evidence taken from the home is being “processed and analyzed and this will take some time,” Brown said.

The search for Lueck remains an open investigation.

[...]

I wonder if the burning in the yard was housing materials like carpet. That would give off a noxious odor.

I also didn't realize that people rented out single rooms on Air bnb! I would be reallllllly uncomfortable in a house where another person was living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire